Dark Rock 2 Clearance

Enigma

Hey forum,

Does anyone know if the dark rock 2 will fit with the Kingston T1 Black series ram? It has a very tall heatsink so I am worried about that. Thanks.

- Dominic

4751_25_be_quiet_dark_rock_2_cpu_cooler_

Now imagine that memory is twice as tall. There's your problem.

<p>CPU: i7-950, Mobo: Rampage III Extreme, RAM: 6GB XMS3, GPU: EVGA 670 2GB HDD: 320GB Seagate, 1TB Caviar Green, Case: Arc Midi R2, PSU: AX760i

Could I just mount the fan on the other side?

yes u can, but put the front face of the fan against the heatsink it will blow the air the same direction as the pic above

MY RIG: i5 3470 | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 2GB | 240GB SSD | 1TB HD

PERIPHERALS: CORSAIR K65 (MX CHERRY RED) | STEELSERIES SENSEI RAW | STEELSERIES SIBERIA V2

So to recap, the Kingston ram will fit with the correct orientation. Correct?

yes, the RAM will fit in the correct orientation.

I put my heatsinks in pull anyways. negligible performance loss, easier to clean, ram clearance. just my opinion though.

I have this cooler next to two stick of corsair dominator platinum ram, Just mount the fan on the other side pulling air through the cooling tower, Just make sure you have good air flow coming in from the front of the case

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M