Any suggestions please

jclappers

So i am finally upgrading in 3-4 weeks and want your opinions on what i have chosen so far

Will be used for Gaming, Video editing and 3D work on 3 monitors

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth Z87

CPU - Intel I7 4770K

CPU heatsink - Corsair H110

Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540

GPU - Asus Geforce GTX 780 3GB

Ram - Corsair Vengence Pro Silver 16GB (2x8)

Things i already have

PSU - Corsair AX760I (plu Red sleeved cables)

SSD - Samsung 840 240GB

HDD - Seagate Barracuda's (2 x 1TB)

NZXT Sentry Mix fan controller

1 x Corsair AF140

3 x Corsair AF120

Let me know what you think

Seems pretty sweet.  I can't see any issues with that rig.  High-end FTW!

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Only thought I have is that if you are planning on over clocking the cpu extensively Asus themselves recommended the rog line and the hero is a little cheaper than the sabertooth, but I definitely dig the reliability that comes with the tuf series of boards

Also for the same cost as the Asus 780 there are options from gigabyte and evga that offer quiter and cooler operation which adds performance In gpu boost 2

Only thought I have is that if you are planning on over clocking the cpu extensively Asus themselves recommended the rog line and the hero is a little cheaper than the sabertooth, but I definitely dig the reliability that comes with the tuf series of boards

That is wrong though, JJ himself said that even a board like the z87 pro or deluxe will be able to oc greatly but they will be limited by how good the cpu chip is. If you get a bad chip, it might only get 4.2GHz on an ROG board or another board

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

That is very true that the luck involved In the chip will play a much larger role.

The rog has a higher quality vrm but without high performance cooling you won't be able to see the difference because of haswell's inherent heat output

I would suggest that you check and see if your psu is haswell compatible but other than that the build looks good build question, did you check the differences between NVidia & Amd video rendering & multiple monitors 

I would suggest that you check and see if your psu is haswell compatible but other than that the build looks good build question, did you check the differences between NVidia & Amd video rendering & multiple monitors

Also runs hotter and louder but has a little more raw power than nvidia

Nvidia runs colder and quiter but it a little less powerful

Aka (amd gets 5-10more fps)

Insomnia!

Taking down airplanes with gameboys

Amd runs hotter and louder but has a little more raw power than nvidia

Insomnia!

Taking down airplanes with gameboys

Whom

Amd runs hotter and louder but has a little more raw power than nvidia

Whom the blot thickens, I wonder why he is not using Amd  for video editing & multiple moniters

Besides the 7990(doesn't actually perform Well when frame capturing tests it) what and card gets 5 to 10 frames more than a 780?

PSU will work and be fine with Haswell. When it comes to "Haswell compatibility" it is whether or not the PSU will support the lower power states that Haswell features. Which is nice for keeping the power bills down.

Just a heads up...every review I have seen for the Corsair Air 540 case notes above average noise levels for other products in that range.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Thanks for all the feedback, i can get nvidia cards at a discount, the main reason im getting one, or i could go up to a 690 for another 120usd

Sound levels of the case are not much of a problem as i wear headphones most of the time