Best possible, Non Overkill Gaming Rig/Setup (Dream build)

Well,

I attempted (on pcpartpicker) to make the best gaming rig that isnt super overkill, but is still extremly powerful.

It would work for anything from gaming to website servers, minecraft/ other game servers, or almost anything else.

This is my dream PC. ($5000~ USD)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QZ6g4D

-Specs on my profile-

so where is your attempt?   or do you want suggestions?

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

Swap those corsair axi's out for a 1000w p2 from evga, it's like half the price and will work better with a low wattage system like these. That's my only suggestion if you can afford a build like that. Axi is a waste of money in my opinion.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

so where is your attempt?   or do you want suggestions?

Click the link. Or do you mean a picture? It says dream build...

-Specs on my profile-

Unrealistic dreams are unrealistic. I find that for me personally, it's much more fun to think about what you would actually go out and buy if your current rig crapped out on you. In my case, that would be this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master GeminII M4 58.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($30.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($282.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($83.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1045.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-15 21:29 EST-0500

I dont understand how this isnt overkill. 64gb of RAM, 5820k, 1500w PSU. 

And why go with Zotac 980s?

1: RAM for vid. editing or for servers

2: 5820k Perfect for gaming, servers, vid editing, etc

3: 1500watt becuase fuck logic

4: Zotac because the colors match the mobo and RAM but you could go with any 980s

-Specs on my profile-

Unrealistic dreams are unrealistic. I find that for me personally, it's much more fun to think about what you would actually go out and buy if your current rig crapped out on you. In my case, that would be this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.99 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master GeminII M4 58.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($30.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Micro Center)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($282.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($83.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $1045.91

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-15 21:29 EST-0500

I just couldent go ITX. nope. No way.

-Specs on my profile-

I just couldent go ITX. nope. No way.

Well, my current rig is an ATX build in a mid tower, and I've never put anything in it in its 5 year lifespan that couldn't fit in that ITX build. As I said, this is for me personally. That's also why there's no mass storage drive.

Swap those corsair axi's out for a 1000w p2 from evga, it's like half the price and will work better with a low wattage system like these. That's my only suggestion if you can afford a build like that. Axi is a waste of money in my opinion.

or pretty much any reliable psu 1500 is way too much even for expansion later on. if you want to have titanium rating and good reliability then get a seasonic 100w.

Well, my current rig is an ATX build in a mid tower, and I've never put anything in it in its 5 year lifespan that couldn't fit in that ITX build. As I said, this is for me personally. That's also why there's no mass storage drive.

Yeah I understand that though. 

-Specs on my profile-

or pretty much any reliable psu 1500 is way too much even for expansion later on. if you want to have titanium rating and good reliability then get a seasonic 100w.

Fairly sure an evga p2 is still going to be better than any seasonic psu. How much would a titanium cost? 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

like i said, fuck logic. AX1500i is an amazing PSU. Yes I would probs like some other evga 1000 watt or something better but I think the PSU is a subjective decision.

-Specs on my profile-

Fairly sure an evga p2 is still going to be better than any seasonic psu. How much would a titanium cost? 

not sure. the evga p2 is good i was just tryna give him more options.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DrXenoPootis/saved/jPkRsY

In my opinion, this would be best for a $5000 budget. 

The 5960x has been added instead because its obviously a monster of a CPU.

32 GB of RAM is enough. You do not need 64 GB.

Having a HDD for storage is in my opinion, essential.

A 1000w PSU is enough.

The fans have been replaced so that you can have the same performance as the ones you have listed in your build. Just replace the color rings to make it white and bam.

I've added a NXZT Hue controller so that you can customize it to your heart's content.

If you are planning to buy this in the next few years, wait for a new series of GPUs, such as the 300 series from AMD. 

For first time builders, please use PCPartPickerLogical Increments

Also please keep a friendly tone at all times. Have a good day/night.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DrXenoPootis/saved/jPkRsY

In my opinion, this would be best for a $5000 budget. 

The 5960x has been added instead because its obviously a monster of a CPU.

32 GB of RAM is enough. You do not need 64 GB.

Having a HDD for storage is in my opinion, essential.

A 1000w PSU is enough.

The fans have been replaced so that you can have the same performance as the ones you have listed in your build. Just replace the color rings to make it white and bam.

I've added a NXZT Hue controller so that you can customize it to your heart's content.

If you are planning to buy this in the next few years, wait for a new series of GPUs, such as the 300 series from AMD. 

Yeah I know that. This was something i did in my freetime. But there is a 50/50 chance Im getting $5000 summer 2015 so Im actually considering it...

-Specs on my profile-