Project Iced Blood - Mayhems/Primochill Sponsored. COMPLETE 15/02/16

Very nice build mate.

I plan to buy the X9 little brother: the X2; would you recommend it since they have the same construction design, but different sizes ?

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Hey, I wanted the X2 as to be honest the X9 is massive, its too big, it has to sit beneath my desk sideways and I cant get my legs beneath the desk now. I wanted the X2, but there's no way of fitting a full ATX board in there unfortunately.

As for the case, I've had it fully running now for around 6 weeks and surprisingly there isn't too much dust inside. there is dust filters yes, but they are lacking around the rear (red fan) and forward edge of the floor so some dust does get in.

The case is really easy to work with and fully modular so you can split it down and move things around to suit your needs, this was one of the main reasons I opted for it. I'm not sure exactly how large the X2 is, but just to warn you that the distance between the front of the case and the motherboard tray is quite vast. I've got a friend re-looming the Asus Rog cable for me as the original (extended) doesn't reach from the motherboard.

The way the case is designed with the partition makes cable tidying relatively simple around the "show parts" of the case. However around the back of the partition wall there isn't really anywhere to manage it, so it all ends up routed best as and the rest ty-wrapped together (hence why there's no pictures of the "dirty side").

Hope this helps, if you need any more info ask

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Oh god thanks for noticing about the MOBO, I didn't check the compatibility ... what a deception, I was planning to buy the core X2 ... Thanks for the input.

I really need a case where I can fir my mobo in an horizontal position.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Oh god thanks for noticing about the MOBO, I didn't check the compatibility ... what a deception, I was planning to buy the core X2 ... Thanks for the input.

I really need a case where I can fir my mobo in an horizontal position.

Well there ain't too many options for that. The Thermaltake is really a poor mans Caselabs in all honesty. There is also the CM HAFs. There may be more but this is off the top of my head

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Nice build. Any reason you didn't just buy the white edition X9 and instead painted it yourself? lol. 

Very cool, love those fans and the cable sleeving.

Don't ask, I bought it before the white edition was available, it was released about 4 weeks after I posted the sprayed pics.... coincidence ? lol

Ryzen Ram Guide

Well there ain't too many options for that. The Thermaltake is really a poor mans Caselabs in all honesty. There is also the CM HAFs. There may be more but this is off the top of my head

OKay so I might save some extra money to pay the shipping fees and buy a Case labs then ... thanks !

I think this tends to be the favourite:

http://www.caselabs-store.com/mercury-s8/

Ryzen Ram Guide

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hey thanks 

Ryzen Ram Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Now ordered the second EVGA 970 GTX SC, another EK 970 Waterblock + Backplate, an EK SLI Terminal bridge, an EVGA SLI Bridge, more looms and more coolant. Will hopefully be all here by the weekend built fitted and leak tested!

Ryzen Ram Guide

• 3 weeks later...

Got the second card installed last week and fully flushed both loops and had a bit of a clean up:

The EKWB FC Terminal Bridge. Took me a while to work out how the hell this would fit, got there in the end!

8aC7UNd.jpg?1

TbLCEyz.jpg?1

7KeZcOZ.jpg?1

Ryzen Ram Guide

nice work

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Damn, this is an really nice build!!!!

Thanks a lot, its taken some time but it's almost there

Ryzen Ram Guide

I ran a bit of a Poll a couple of days ago abut the colours of the 2nd set of 16gb ram

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/510061-red-or-white-hyper-x-for-build/

​Just ordered 16GB of ​Red Kingston Hyper X Fury, should be here tomorrow

Ryzen Ram Guide

New ram installed, some good results for 4k gaming (had some low memory crashes :huh:)

L9uwLN6.jpg?1

V2Fv2Sq.jpg?1

NMHoDGi.jpg?1

3ANdWwe.jpg?1

4xUBiHi.jpg?1

Ryzen Ram Guide

New ram installed, some good results for 4k gaming (had some low memory crashes :huh:

I noticed your ram is two different colors which means you probably didn't get it as a set even if it is the same make/model. Ram is set to use a configuration that will have the least possible boot issues so your ram may be set to use 2 cards and not 4. If you haven't you should check out your xmp profiles and make sure everything is configured right.

Theyre both Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR3 1866Mhz, all is good, thanks for the heads up

Remember this is dual channel not quad channel

Ryzen Ram Guide

Ok I think I'm going to take the plunge and move this build into rigid tubing, probably should have done it from the off!

Ryzen Ram Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Yes please do hard line tubing

Don't worry i'm going to, order bending kit and heat torch, which have been delivered today. I'm currently working away for a couple of weeks but will get the tubing and fittings ordered and get to work on it. It's going to be interesting as it's the first I will have tried it

:huh:

Ryzen Ram Guide

If my advice is worth anything...

I heard JayzTwoCents was having some problems with the pastel coolant.

It seems to be kind of random whether these problems occur or not. Some people have the liquid discolor and others do not. Jay even had it in one of his loops and not in the other. That's interesting because it rules out a few causes: The loop was flushed several times already, and the same liquid was used in both loops, thus ruling out pH or other chemical properties, or inconsistent manufacturing. Jay himself blamed it on the heat, but I think the particles are separating out.

I believe the solution is to make sure the fluid stays agitated, and not to keep the pump speed too low. That should keep the coolant in good condition.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

It seems to be kind of random whether these problems occur or not. Some people have the liquid discolor and others do not. Jay even had it in one of his loops and not in the other. That's interesting because it rules out a few causes: The loop was flushed several times already, and the same liquid was used in both loops, thus ruling out pH or other chemical properties, or inconsistent manufacturing. Jay himself blamed it on the heat, but I think the particles are separating out.

I believe the solution is to make sure the fluid stays agitated, and not to keep the pump speed too low. That should keep the coolant in good condition.

I have had an issue with the red loop in my rig for which I'm running a progress thread here:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/498873-coolant-colour-faded-again/

What you say could make sense as the first time this happened the computer was sat unused for 3 months. However the second time it was in use and it has started happening in those 2 pictures of my res taken roughly 3 weeks apart. Hopefully rigid tubing will help alleviate it, but then I'm also considering using X1 instead of pastel. Also the white loop doesn't seem to have suffered any issues which is the hotter of the 2 loops

Ryzen Ram Guide

I second this information. Both about Jayz old situation, and the theory

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

Simple solution: use colored/tinted tubing and clear coolant.