dual channel corsair vengeance black vs. Quad channel corsair vengeance blue

What's the difference between corsair blue and black? Doesn't black run faster... and umm, which one would be better 2 corsair blacks? or 4 corsairs blue???

Thanks for the Replies... :')

If i'm not mistaken, the only thing different is the color. The ram underneath the heatsink is the exact same.

If i'm not mistaken' date=' the only thing different is the color. The ram underneath the heatsink is the exact same.[/quote']

Correct, they are identical except for the color.

I'd go with dual channel, gives you the option to add more sticks later if you need more RAM.

If i'm not mistaken' date=' the only thing different is the color. The ram underneath the heatsink is the exact same.[/quote'] Correct, they are identical except for the color. I'd go with dual channel, gives you the option to add more sticks later if you need more RAM.

so how come the corasair black's are so much more expensive?

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=66355&vpn=CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10&manufacture=Corsair

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=59575&vpn=CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B&manufacture=Corsair

In the links you posted the corsair blacks are a lot more expensive because they are quad Channel and 32GB but the blues you picked are 16GB and dual Channel

In terms of speed, 1600MHz @ Dual Channel is fine--you won't notice a performance increase above that. The only difference between the two sets is the color of the heat spreaders. For gaming alone, 16GB is overkill let alone 32GB -- something like THIS is more than enough for just gaming.

In the links you posted the corsair blacks are a lot more expensive because they are quad Channel and 32GB but the blues you picked are 16GB and dual Channel

oh thank you, so 16 GB is good enough right?

Is more than enough. If the only purpose is gaming, i'd probably buy just 8GB, but if you really want 16, try to find a 2x8GB kit. Less sticks means less stress for the memory controller, and the free space for upgrade in the future.

i have the storm stryker, and was planning for blue LED lighting inside, so would corsair blue or black look better?

it costs more because it's quad channel memory....that means it's tested running at it's rated speeds and latency in quad channel mode.

the dual channel is cheaper because it was only tested in dual channel mode.and it may have issues running at it's rated speeds in quad channel mode.

if your pc can take advantage of quad channel memory,only the x79 platform to the best of my knowledge,then buy quad channel memory to ensure that it can stably run at it's rated speeds in quad channel mode.

if your pc can only take advantage of dual channel configurations then go with the dual channel memory because it'll run at it's rated speeds in dual channel mode and it's cheaper.

the color doesn't matter for example on this newegg page

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145347

Like the legendary Dominator, enthusiast-grade Vengeance DRAM is designed for stability, stringently factory-tested, and backed by our limited lifetime warranty. And, we know that great looks are as important as great performance. This is why Vengeance modules come in a variety of colors to match your components and let you build your system just the way you want it.
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

it costs more because it's quad channel memory....that means it's tested running at it's rated speeds and latency in quad channel mode.

the dual channel is cheaper because it was only tested in dual channel mode.and it may have issues running at it's rated speeds in quad channel mode.

if your pc can take advantage of quad channel memory,only the x79 platform to the best of my knowledge,then buy quad channel memory to ensure that it can stably run at it's rated speeds in quad channel mode.

if your pc can only take advantage of dual channel configurations then go with the dual channel memory because it'll run at it's rated speeds in dual channel mode and it's cheaper.

Like the legendary Dominator, enthusiast-grade Vengeance DRAM is designed for stability, stringently factory-tested, and backed by our limited lifetime warranty. And, we know that great looks are as important as great performance. This is why Vengeance modules come in a variety of colors to match your components and let you build your system just the way you want it.
No. The price is different because he, probably by mistake, linked a 16 and a 32GB kit. Being dual or quad channel is irrelevant. You can put a quad channel kit in any system with four slots available, it'll work in dual channel just fine. And you can use two dual channel kits in a quad channel configuration as well with no stability issues...

No. The price is different because he' date=' probably by mistake, linked a 16 and a 32GB kit. Being dual or quad channel is irrelevant. You can put a quad channel kit in any system with four slots available, it'll work in dual channel just fine. And you can use two dual channel kits in a quad channel configuration as well with no stability issues...[/quote']

you CAN run a dual channel or single channel kit in a quad channel configuration,but it may not run at it's rated speeds and latency without a voltage bump in a quad channel configuration.

for a quad channel kit your paying for it being 100% able to run in a quad channel configuration.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552