AMD R9 390X Coming With Cooler Master Liquid Cooler + Estimated Performance

GPUXPert

Now I just wish they would release new CPUS, I love my 8350, and it overclocks great. But if they don't release a new CPU this year I'm gonna make the switch to Intel more than likely

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I would use the factory watercooling block and swap it out to fit into a custom loop and crank that core up to the max. I bet it would dominate the 980. At least I would hope so considering the high expectations not even accounting for the new architecture and hbm

It should best the GTX 980 easily out of the box.

Why in the HELL would you need a 4096-wide I/O path?

It's how HBM works it sacrifices clock frequencies to conserve on power and makes up that bandwidth with a fat bus.

@GPUXPert the title says "confirmed", but it looks like you're still citing leaks. If it has been officially confirmed, that's fine (maybe say so?), but if not, I would appreciate it if you could remove the [confirmed] tag from the title. :)

OT: I guess that means that it still runs really hot then. Sticking a liquid cooler on a GPU is fine, but at some point AMD are going to have to address the core of the issue - their cards run too damn hot.

HTTP/2 203

To get it out of the way before I slam the website: I would not be surprised if AMD went this route with the card.

Now on to the slamming: What exactly is WCCF's source? They claim they can confirm it but don't even mention any kind of source, whether a leak or some so-called anonymous informant. They just show a thing that can be easily faked. The "concept" they post is fake and has been proven fake for months now. Is this yet another case of WCCF posting any random bullshit they can to get clicks?

The source is the shipping data

http://cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/AMD-R9-390X-with-Cooler-Master-heatsink.jpg

Please visit the actual WCCFTech.com page, they do say under R9 390X photo  "AMD Radeon R9 390X concept by VCZ".

It's a concept mock-up done by videocardz.

Now I just wish they would release new CPUS, I love my 8350, and it overclocks great. But if they don't release a new CPU this year I'm gonna make the switch to Intel more than likely

wait for skylake it comes dis year.

zen comes 2016 unfortunately.

http://cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/AMD-R9-390X-with-Cooler-Master-heatsink.jpg

Please visit the actual WCCFTech.com page, they do say under R9 390X photo  "AMD Radeon R9 390X concept by VCZ".

Shipping data from where? Do they mention where they got it from? Is there anything other than the little table they posted? I can make a table like that if I want...

Yes, shipping data. That can't possibly be something easily faked especially in light of there being ZERO information on where it's from.

Concept would imply a likelyhood of it being something real. It's not a concept, it's a bloody 295x2 with the tubes removed.

Shipping data from where? Do they mention where they got it from? Is there anything other than the little table they posted? I can make a table like that if I want...

They don't say where it's from so I'm not sure.

Yes, shipping data. That can't possibly be something easily faked especially in light of there being ZERO information on where it's from.

Concept would imply a likelyhood of it being something real. It's not a concept, it's a bloody 295x2 with the tubes removed.

The shipping data is usually customs shipping data, which you don't fake if you want to be able to actually import it.

They don't say where it's from so I'm not sure.

It's from Zauba folks, it's legit.

https://www.zauba.com/import-/hs-code-84733030/fp-canada-hs-code.html

It's based on the design that was leaked a while ago, so it's based on something real.

AMD-Radeon-R9-390X-cooling.jpg

CPU : i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz. GPU : MSI Lightning GTX 770 @ 1300mhz. 16GB 1600mhz RAM

Interesting. Still don't see how you go from "AMD PCB with CM heatsink" to "This confirms it's a 390X with a liquid cooler".

Right, but remember C880 is the code name for the Fiji XT PCB. So we know this is FIji XT. And as far as I'm aware Cooler Master doesn't actually make any GPU air coolers.

Right, but remember C880 is the code name for the Fiji XT PCB. So we know this is FIji XT. And as far as I'm aware Cooler Master doesn't actually make any GPU air coolers.

I don't recall any. Interesting that WCCF claims to know exactly which cooler is being used. If it's an Asetek design you'd think AMD would just directly go to Asetek and cut out the middle-man to save a few bucks.

I don't recall any. Interesting that WCCF claims to know exactly which cooler is being used. If it's an Asetek design you'd think AMD would just directly go to Asetek and cut out the middle-man to save a few bucks.

Well like I said they did go directly to Asetek with the R9 295X2 but two months later they contracted Cooler Master for the FX 9590 coolers which were previously also from Asetek.

Either way I don't think it actually matters they're basically the same thing. I'm just hoping that AMD's board partners release air cooled versions because with the 295X2 they didn't, which scares me.

It's a fair extrapolation but that's not what "confirmed" means.

Indeed this is not official word so it cannot be classified as such. It's still speculation but more solid speculation than others.

i hope there will be 3 slot air coolers from AMD

i dont not want a water cooler - pumps dont last long and replacing AIOs is impossible after the warranty is over

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Well like I said they did go directly to Asetek with the R9 295X2 but two months later they contracted Cooler Master for the FX 9590 coolers which were previously also from Asetek.

Either way I don't think it actually matters they're basically the same thing. I'm just hoping that AMD's board partners release air cooled versions because with the 295X2 they didn't, which scares me.

It's possible that AMD told AIBs they weren't allowed to do custom coolers on the 295x2.

Awesome news! I wonder how hot it must run though...

I presume not that hot. The R9 295x2 has a 500w TDP and shares a single 120mm radiator. So this should run much cooler.

i hope there will be 3 slot air coolers from AMD

i dont not want a water cooler - pumps dont last long and replacing AIOs is impossible after the warranty is over

Replacing the AIO with aftermarket shouldn't be that hard either (presumably if the old one comes off). I have a Asetek cooler made for the FX series on my A10 and it's been running whisper quite and smooth for two years now. So pumps not lasting long I think is an overstatement.

I presume not that hot. The R9 295x2 has a 500w TDP and shares a single 120mm radiator. So this should run much cooler.

Replacing the AIO with aftermarket shouldn't be that hard either (presumably if the old one comes off). I have a Asetek cooler made for the FX series on my A10 and it's been running whisper quite and smooth for two years now. So pumps not lasting long I think is an overstatement.

Maybe CM will leverage their experience with their Glacier cpu AIO. would be neat to have expandability for these out of the box.

Time to FAPP , 4096-bit wide memory IO,hhnnng. 

And that 4K performance yolo.

I should sell my 670 while its still worth something hahahha.

And this is why AMDs marketing strategy is working.  They leak a little something without actually confirming anything and everyone goes bat shit crazy and takes it as gospel.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.