Windows 'Themes' Service Can't Start, Error 1075

OrangeFlavoured
Go to solution Solved by awesomes8wc3,

install http://uxstyle.com/ i think that's the missing "unsigned themes" service, i have uxstyle for custom windows themes and i have that service so maybe thats it?

oh and that "adpunisher" thing up there is malware dude, run some mbam

hit the dependencies tab and check if everything listed is started

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

hit the dependencies tab and check if everything listed is started

There is nothing listed

Roses are red, violets are blue, computers are awesome, and so are you!

There is nothing listed

Mine doesn't have any as well, so I guess that's fine. Wierd it complains about dependencies even though there are none.

Try running an elevated CMD and running sfc /scannow

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Mine doesn't have any as well, so I guess that's fine. Wierd it complains about dependencies even though there are none.

Try running an elevated CMD and running sfc /scannow

Tried that once, didn't work

Hmmm..

Try going to regedit hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\themes key and check if dependonservice value is there...it shouldn't be there since there are no dependencies for the themes service, if there is for some reason, delete it.

Also check if anything to do with remote procedure call or rpc is enabled, when I have services problems usually that is stopped for some reason and enabling fixes it

open eventvwr > windows logs > app and when you start the service refresh it and click on the new results, you might be able to get some info from that (and send us some screens)

Other than that i have no idea, there might be some things you could try on google.

Hmmm..

Try going to regedit hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\themes key and check if dependonservice value is there...it shouldn't be there since there are no dependencies for the themes service, if there is for some reason, delete it.

Also check if anything to do with remote procedure call or rpc is enabled, when I have services problems usually that is stopped for some reason and enabling fixes it

open eventvwr > windows logs > app and when you start the service refresh it and click on the new results, you might be able to get some info from that (and send us some screens)

Other than that i have no idea, there might be some things you could try on google.

All the different things so far, still getting error.

6REil4h.png

In the event viewer, I'm not sure what I'm looking for but I found this.EgGpU0D.png

Edited by OrangeFlavoured

install http://uxstyle.com/ i think that's the missing "unsigned themes" service, i have uxstyle for custom windows themes and i have that service so maybe thats it?

Awesome, will installing the unsigned theme thing, and I got rid of AdPunisher just after I took those screenshots ;) But thanks for the advice :D

Awesome, will installing the unsigned theme thing, and I got rid of AdPunisher just after I took those screenshots ;) But thanks for the advice :D

post back if it works or not!

post back if it works or not!

Achievement get! It worked! This had happened once before, but it was fixed by mbam so now I know for next time :D Thanks a lot :D

Achievement get! It worked! This had happened once before, but it was fixed by mbam so now I know for next time :D Thanks a lot :D

you're welcome! :D