Bricking Your Device Horror Stories

mac19pm

Bricked my ipod touch trying to jailbreak it (was young and new to this stuff) i was using the completely wrong tool for my firmware which i didn't even know u had to have the same firmware version at the time lol about a year later i figured out i could un brick it lol

Used to be a fisherman. lightning strike just of to the side (like 20 m or so) fried every piece of electrics on board. fishermen being not the most tech savvy of people I spent two days rebuilding various components so we could get back in to port (we were about 400Km offshore at the time). Fixing burnt old solder on the GPS unit. cannibalizing 2 computers so I could get one working so I actually had a map I could use...

Ok brand new 2tb hard drive! Damn I should have gotten a modular PSU there's fucking useless floppy cables everywhere! Ok let's stuff em here. Fucking shit! I'm such a cheap bastard why did I choose a case designed to be used by chinese boys with tiny fucking hands, my giant disgusting fingers just cant fit here! Oh shit I put the L shape SATA cable on another hdd, shit fuck it I'm not switching them now let's just close and start testing this, damn this back panel is so tight!

Ok where the FUCK is my new hdd bios, don't get fucking cute on me! Alright let's reopen this shit....oh FUCK, THE STUPID SATA CABLE BROKE THE GODDAMN SATA PORT ON THE NEW HDD! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

-------

Current Rig

-------

I bricked my TF300T at least 20 times. Man that thing bricks easily. i've always fixed it tho.

Interested in Business and Technology