GPU Acceleration for video rendering. Wondershare Editor.

I am using wondershare video editor at the moment which supports GPU acceleration but unfortunately the GTX660Ti isn't supported which sucks. The 260 is on the list of supported GPUs though which I just happened to have one from a previous build, I installed that along with the correct drivers but the option still wasn't available.

Has anyone had any success with this? The more recent GPUs are listed as supported such as the 900 series, which would be quite a costly upgrade but the render times are just too slow for me and you can supposedly drastically speed it up with your GPU.

Any help / pointers would be appreciated.

If you have a decent CPU, GPU encoding is not worth it.

I have a lower end i5, and the GPU acceleration in Sony Vegas helps me a ton

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I have a lower end i5, and the GPU acceleration in Sony Vegas helps me a ton

I have an i5-3570 @ 3.4Ghz at the moment and rendering 1080p is a on 1min/3min ratio; for every 1 minute of video approximately 3 minutes rendering time so I would like to get that sped up. Is a particular GPU better in this regard?

What sort of rendering times do you get? Switching software would be no doubt cheaper than buying a new GPU.

Can't you just change the encoder preset?

x264 will outperform almost all GPU encoder on very-fast maybe except for Intel's quick sync.

H264 encoding is not efficient possible on GPU

I have an i5-3570 @ 3.4Ghz at the moment and rendering 1080p is a on 1min/3min ratio; for every 1 minute of video approximately 3 minutes rendering time so I would like to get that sped up. Is a particular GPU better in this regard?

What sort of rendering times do you get? Switching software would be no doubt cheaper than buying a new GPU.

sony vegas and pemiere both support CUDA acceleration. without my 980's acceleration, rendering takes 12 minutes for a 3 minute, 1080p 60 fps video. with my gpu acceleration, rendering times for the same content are reduced to around 5 minutes.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

sony vegas and pemiere both support CUDA acceleration. without my 980's acceleration, rendering takes 12 minutes for a 3 minute, 1080p 60 fps video. with my gpu acceleration, rendering times for the same content are reduced to around 5 minutes.

That's a pretty tempting switch, 40% reduction time is pretty damn good. Of course I imagine it won't be that fast with a 660Ti as opposed to a 980 but still. I will see if I can find a trial of vegas, although it wouldn't suprise me if that feature wasn't supported in a trial.

Can't you just change the encoder preset?

x264 will outperform almost all GPU encoder on very-fast maybe except for Intel's quick sync.

H264 encoding is not efficient possible on GPU

I'm a little confused, which preset would I be changing? I currently have them encoding at WMV3 format.

I'm a little confused, which preset would I be changing?

A preset which determines the speed/quality ratio.

I never used any WMV3 encoder, but I bet they are a lot worse than x264.