PC vs PS4 vs XboxOne

HmmR

I like all the platforms which have the games I want.

It's why I have a Wii U and an Xbox One alongside my PC.

As far as entertainment goes, Xbox One does it good out of the box but Kodi is also great on PC.

Xbox one game streaming would be cool on my windows 8 tablet when windows 10 appears. 

Spoiler

CPU:FX 8350 4.4 ghz (Upgrading to a 6700k!).Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R 2.0 (Upgrading to a Z170 Pro4!).GPU: Sapphire R9 290 (Arctic Cooler).RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (Upgrading to 16gb ddr4 2400mhz!) PSU: Cooler Master B700. HDD: 120gb Hyper X Fury SSD, 500gb 5400rpm Caviar Blue Cooling: Hyper 212 (Switiching out with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim for new build) 2x stock case fans.
Future Upgrades: h100i cooler, corsair sp120 fans, 1080p monitor, AMD->Intel CPU Switch

Ehh graphics in the PS4 is basically a R9 270X..but idk why the PS4 runs in a lower resolution. 

It's more of a R9 270 than a R9 270X.

It doesn't have a good CPU, even an old crappy FX-8350 + R9 270X combo outperforms it.

And then you can overclock it too.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

It's more of a R9 270 than a R9 270X.

It doesn't have a good CPU, even an old crappy FX-8350 + R9 270X combo outperforms it.

And then you can overclock it too.

Nope the ps4 is a overcloked 7850.

It sits between the 7850 and the 7870.

However the crappy jaguar cpu bottlenecks it.

My 270x with a decent cpu gets 60 fps in all games on high settings.

Can you say that of the ps4?

whats the difference between a intel i5 and a amd jaguar processor 

i wanted to know which people loved the more and this thread went crazy 

obi winner pc

The PC is objectively surperior in ever category...

What's the point of this?

Nothing, absolutely nothing can be objectively superior to something else, and especially when it comes to PC vs Console. You might say that Windows can run games at a higher resolution and such, but to many people that doesn't matter. They just prefer consoles, and to them, consoles may be more convenient and familiar. I personally find Windows to be far superior to any console in every way but saying that it's objectively superior is just wrong.

I am surprised people honestly think that pc has the best exclusives. 95% of just indie games. Of any console ever I think ps3 still has by miles the best exclusives. 

I agree with you. I can't personally stand most indie games, many of them are too simple and low-quality and just don't interest me.

Okay please no hate but I have been waiting to express my opinion for so long.

Console Pros:

It works (no/barely any crashing, no error on startup just install and play)

Usually consistent frame rate

Usually optimized better than PC

It will run any game released for it until the next console arrives (no upgrading)

Easy as heck to use (better for new people to gaming)

No having to go through settings for ages

Easier to play with friends

"It works" - Windows works too. I've honestly never had a problem with a modern game on Windows, ever.

"Usually consistent framerate" - Yeah, at 30fps, enjoy that"

"Usually optimized better than PC" - Doesn't matter, most games still run at 30fps and they're better on PC.

"no upgrading" That's bad. You don't have a choice to upgrade if you want to, you're stuck with the same hardware for many many years. Windows will run more games, games that were released in the 70's, so how can you possibly include "it will run any game released for it"?

"Heck as easy to use" - My Windows machine is also very easy to use, I have no problems with it. It's my everything.

"No having to go through setting for ages" - I like doing that. If you don't, use something like GeForce Experience.

"Easier to play with friends" - Very easy to do on Windows as well, and I don't care about it anyways.

"It works" - Windows works too. I've honestly never had a problem with a modern game on Windows, ever.

"Usually consistent framerate" - Yeah, at 30fps, enjoy that"

"Usually optimized better than PC" - Doesn't matter, most games still run at 30fps and they're better on PC.

"no upgrading" That's bad. You don't have a choice to upgrade if you want to, you're stuck with the same hardware for many many years. Windows will run more games, games that were released in the 70's, so how can you possibly include "it will run any game released for it"?

"Heck as easy to use" - My Windows machine is also very easy to use, I have no problems with it. It's my everything.

"No having to go through setting for ages" - I like doing that. If you don't, use something like GeForce Experience.

"Easier to play with friends" - Very easy to do on Windows as well, and I don't care about it anyways.

True, get some multi-monitors for like £90 each  and let the multiplayer madness ensue 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

It will run any game released for it until the next console arrives (no upgrading)

Don't PCs do that too? I mean, if they're like $400 and built today.

Don't PCs do that too? I mean, if they're like $400 and built today.

True, PCs from 2006 can still play Titanfall for example 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

The main reasons for me why PC is better is framerate, resolution and Keyboard+Mouse support. There is absolutely nothing that I find is better on consoles.

well just going to point out you have to admit keyboard and mouse vs controller is personal preference and locked 30 fps doesnt look that bad and i have a pc and an xbox and 30 fps locked doesnt look nearly as bad as 30 fps on a pc

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

well just going to point out you have to admit keyboard and mouse vs controller is personal preference and locked 30 fps doesnt look that bad and i have a pc and an xbox and 30 fps locked doesnt look nearly as bad as 30 fps on a pc

30fps is still very unresponsive.

I feel like this is a very biased place to ask this question. i mean if you go to the ubuntu forms and ask linux vs windows what do you think your going to get lol  

Exactly, it couldn't even match a R9 270X. That is also my first GPU and I loved it ^^

60-80FPS maxed on BF4 with FXAA or no anti-aliasing. But I upgraded to R9 290 because the R9 270X is hitting the 2GB VRAM limit with Mantle resulting in bad stuttering. 

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/295410-xbox-one-to-stream-to-windows-10-pcs/page-6 Start from there and go on to see my argument with @SauronAlso OS include it in your build, if you choose to use TV then include something like the razer turret to play from the couch. 495 and 493 $ so yeah also you can't play with R7 260X at 1080 60 FPS with high settings and AA on.@-TesseracT- no monitor.

What about Linux or a Hackintosh? These are free alternatives for your OS

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

i love how everyone here is all ''PREPARE FOR SHITSTORM'' when infact 98% of LTT users are like... firm pc master race people.. x'D there are some people here who disagree, and will make this thread hell, but its not youtube level.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

i hate it when people begin hating on sub 500 dollar PCs.... 

yes. you need to include the operating system and that reduces preformance to pretty much the same as a console.

BUT ITS A FULLY FLEDGED COMPUTER. YOU CAN SKIP GETTING A SEPARATE COMPUTER......... jesus..... 

you'll find yourself in situation where you wont be able to use your phone and console for everything. which is why you build your computers, solving one issue and replacing the other.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen