PC vs PS4 vs XboxOne

HmmR

@Victorious Secret That seems to be exactly your mentality.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about here; go back and read the thread before trying.

You see, you are so triggered by anything remotely similar to PCMR(I didn't even mention PCMR until someone else did) that you tried to turn forum this into your own circlejerk.

Again, I am not telling/did not tell people what they should like; read or stay silent.
This is about what's objectively better.
You are FREE to go buy shitty platforms; that's your choice(and it's a bad one), again, it's your choice.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

ok, lemme reiterate something that you all know. keep it on topic, stop making

personal attacks within the commenting and like Slick says:

Core Values

Generally speaking, as long as the following rules are met you should never find yourself subject to disciplinary action:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • No "lmgtfy" style posts or demeaning posts targeted at anyone.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Again, I am not telling/did not tell people what they should like;

From the last three pages only:

The joke is that graphics do not need to be enhanced... He was whining about how games look "wrong" when enhanced while conveniently ignoring the fact that old monitor effect CAN be reproduced...

You know what else is rude? Calling people cheap bastards for not buying original hardware(in my case, again) .

I grew up with Sega Genesis, played on many consoles(that actually worked) before and after it, and this gen of console is shit. Emulators are great, people saying games look "wrong" just have no idea how to change the looks.

You are clearly telling people here that if they think the emulator looks wrong then it's because they have no idea how to adjust it.  this is personal opinion and taste, you are not right, they are not wrong.

And if I can put in a few seconds of effort to find out how to make game look worse(like on old CRT), I expect the same of others. You have failed my expectation.

And now you conveniently ignore the MANY other of advantages of PC other than graphics.

Again, it's only your opinion that games look worse on CRT and it's only your opinion any advantages on pc are enough to counter a subjective preference.  AGAIN, only your opinion, not objective reality.

This is about how Emulator is a positive thing for PC; not how people are cheap bastards for not buying old consoles.

Are you insinuating that someones financial worth should effect what they prefer?

It's not opinion that matters. It is a fact that PC is better. My opinion wasn't that PC is best(that's an undisputable fact), my opinion is that console(this gen) is cancer and gaming would be better without them dragging everyone down.

PC isn't the end; Tabletop Master Race, real life = best graphics, it's literally lifelike.

I've already explained, you just didn't read.

This was about which one is cheaper, and PC definitely can be cheaper. Then someone less informed tried to claim console was better than PC, and he was shot down for his weak argument and opinion.

You are whining about other, extra, features such as emulators...

YOU are the one trying to further your own agenda(of promoting weak hardware because your opinion is that games look "correct" on them).

And you have failed; your argument about res/colour got shit on and your cherrypicked example was a game that had better version both natively PC and emulated on PC... Then you flipflopped on your ideas and started complaining about price after calling others "cheap bastards" for not buying(not that you would know if they did) original system that was emulated.

I'm not ignoring opinion; I'm just rejecting bullshit. ;)

You clearly don't understand the difference between objective and subjective.  Trying to use objective superiority to dismiss a subjective experience is irrational and pointless.

Fact is that adding resolution and AA makes graphics better, and if you wanted to hide "quality" of original game assets, there are plenty of post-processing settings to choose from, such as fxaa or just blur...

AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN, your opinion. you assume people want high res,  most crts are 640x480, shit load of good a 1080 res pack or fxaa is going to do there.  If someone wants the original experience and they don't like the emulation, to try and argue they are wrong or don't understand is petulant and shows a severe lack of thought on the subject.

No one is more ignorant than anyone else simply because they have preference for things different from yours.  The only ignorance comes from not accepting others have an opinion and that it can be legitimate while being different from yours.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

*Looks at results

GG no re

Scroll in either direction for something more entertaining than this post.

(its exited not existed)

Do you mean excited

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

From the last three pages only:

You are clearly telling people here that if they think the emulator looks wrong then it's because they have no idea how to adjust it.  this is personal opinion and taste, you are not right, they are not wrong.

And how does that make me tell them what they like and don't like?

Again, it's only your opinion that games look worse on CRT and it's only your opinion any advantages on pc are enough to counter a subjective preference.  AGAIN, only your opinion, not objective reality.

CRT being worse is my opinion.

Being able to able to make game look like it(CRT filter exists) is FACT.

It is not about his preference; I'm saying his claim that it "looks wrong" on PC is simply wrong, because...again...CRT filter exists, lower internal render resolution exists...etc. to make game look "right."

Are you insinuating that someones financial worth should effect what they prefer?

I was referring to HIS comment:

You had to grow up with them to go back to them.

I much prefer real HW to being a cheap bastard too.

(which I already mentioned; which you conveniently ignored)

Btw, "affect."

You clearly don't understand the difference between objective and subjective.  Trying to use objective superiority to dismiss a subjective experience is irrational and pointless.

I'm not trying. I AM dismissing a subjective experience because this discussion is about FACTS, not his(or yours, or anyone's) opinion. When it comes to discussing OBJECTIVE SUPERIORITY OF PC, your SUBJECTIVE opinions are IRRELEVANT. My opinion is that consoles are shit; but I don't use it as argument when discussing WHY they are bad, I give you facts.

So far, you have only given your bad opinion.

You tell me I don't understand difference between objective and subjective, and as usual, while you purposefully ignore the entire point of the "argument."

AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN, your opinion. you assume people want high res,  most crts are 640x480, shit load of good a 1080 res pack or fxaa is going to do there.  If someone wants the original experience and they don't like the emulation, to try and argue they are wrong or don't understand is petulant and shows a severe lack of thought on the subject.

No one is more ignorant than anyone else simply because they have preference for things different from yours.  The only ignorance comes from not accepting others have an opinion and that it can be legitimate while being different from yours.

AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN higher resolution being better is NOT an opinion; it displays more details which, assuming no stretching from running on weird resolution, if you are playing a VIDEO game, means better. And I don't need to tell you how framerate being better is fact; tudy was done: http://web.cs.wpi.edu/~claypool/papers/fr/

You disliking the look of higher resolution IS an opinion.

Whether it's OBJECTIVELY BETTER is NOT affected by your opinion.

Stop trying to be Ubisoft spokesperson.

I'm not arguing they are wrong; my argument was that they, like you, do not know what they are talking about when they complain about the LOOK of emulated games when there are tons of options to CUSTOMIZE how they look(from simulating old CRT to actually just adding blur, ENB and SweetFX can do a lot). Because PC CAN EMULATE THE LOOK OF CRT

Not an opinion: it is a fact that your(and everyone else's) opinion does not matter here.

AGAIN: READ or stfu.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

And how does that make me tell them what they like and don't like?

CRT being worse is my opinion.

Being able to able to make game look like it is FACT.

I was referring to HIS comment:

(which I already mentioned; which you conveniently ignored)

I'm not trying. I AM dismissing a subjective experience because this discussion(the poll, which was about how much PC costs...etc.) is about FACTS, not his(or yours, or anyone's) opinion. When it comes to discussing OBJECTIVE SUPERIORITY OF PC, your SUBJECTIVE opinions are IRRELEVANT. My opinion is that consoles are shit; but I don't use it as argument when discussing WHY they are bad, I give you facts.

So far, you have only given your bad opinion.

You tell me I don't understand difference between objective and subjective, and as usual, while you purposefully ignore the entire point of the "argument."

AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN higher resolution being better is NOT an opinion; it displays more details which, assuming no stretching from running on weird resolution, if you are playing a VIDEO game, means better. And I don't need to tell you how framerate being better is fact; tudy was done: http://web.cs.wpi.edu/~claypool/papers/fr/

You disliking the look of higher resolution IS an opinion.

Whether it's OBJECTIVELY BETTER is NOT affected by your opinion.

Stop trying to be Ubisoft spokesperson.

I'm not arguing they are wrong; my argument was that they, like you, do not know what they are talking about when they complain about the LOOK of emulated games when there are tons of options to CUSTOMIZE how they look(from simulating old CRT to actually just adding blur, ENB and SweetFX can do a lot).

Not an opinion: it is a fact that your(and everyone else's) opinion does not matter here.

AGAIN: READ or stfu.

You know your just grasping at straws and basically being nonsensical when you start telling people to "STFU", make childish insinuations in some vein attempt to dismiss an observation and tell people that "subjective opinions are irrelevant".

Also you fail to understand that what is better for a person is SUBJECTIVE not OBJECTIVE.  The resolution being higher is objective, whether someone likes it or not is Subjective.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You know your just grasping at straws and basically being nonsensical when you start telling people to "STFU", make childish insinuations in some vein attempt to dismiss an observation and tell people that "subjective opinions are irrelevant".

Well, STFU is easier for you to understand. I told you to READ; but you refused...so to not embarrass yourself further, my advice to you is...obviously, STFU. How about "be quiet"? Does that sound better to you?

Good job dodging rest of my posts.

You know you are grasping at straws when you can't counter any of my quoted post directly.

The fact is that we are discussing whether PC is OBJECTIVELY better(with things that can be compared without being influenced by opinion; things that have numbers to back them up, such as performance...etc.), that is where subjective opinions do not have a place.

Well, "we" as in...not you. Because you are just arguing for the sake of arguing(and you are not even doing a decent job at it).

Well, STFU is easier for you to understand.

You know you are grasping at straws when you can't counter any of my quoted post directly.

I'm sorry, do I need to use smaller words.

Your claims are irrational. they have been beaten to death repeatedly by many others.  It appears you are the only person who seems to think your opinion is right. 

Well, STFU is easier for you to understand. I told you to READ; but you refused...so to not embarrass yourself further, my advice to you is...obviously, STFU. How about "be quiet"? Does that sound better to you?

The fact is that we are discussing whether PC is OBJECTIVELY better(with things that can be compared without being influenced by opinion; things that have numbers to back them up, such as performance...etc.), that is where subjective opinions do not have a place.

Well, "we" as in...not you. Because you are just arguing for the sake of arguing(and you are not even doing a decent job at it).

In my opinion, the only thing that is embarrassing in this thread is your behavior.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I'm sorry, do I need to use smaller words.

Your claims are irrational. they have been beaten to death repeatedly by many others.  It appears you are the only person who seems to think your opinion is right.

Actually, YOUR claims are irrational.

You and your circlejerk are the only people who think I am wrong.

For example: this is a discussion about whether 2 is bigger than 1(to make it simple for you to understand). Does your opinion of "I don't like the look of 2" have any relevancy on this discussion? No, that's why it's dismissed.

In my opinion, the only thing that is embarrassing in this thread is your behavior.

Too busy being right; didn't care.

Stream Xbox games to PC? What the hell. It should be the opposite. I'll try saying this without getting mad, but this is as pathetic as streaming a game from a 400$ HTPC to a 1000$ rig, meaning that you'll run it on the cheapo 400$ PC and play it on the computer that's 3x more powerful.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

BEFORE:

Well, STFU is easier for you to understand.

AFTER: 

There is absolutely no excuse for making a remark like that. @airdeano has already warned you not to insult other people (let me reiterate; YOU, not @mr moose, not @Victorious Secret, not anybody else) . Do not drag people into a pointless e-peen battle of your own making. Like I said last time, you do not have a leg to stand on here, as you are, again, arguing with everybody else here.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

There is absolutely no excuse for making a remark like that. @airdeano has already warned you not to insult other people (let me reiterate; YOU, not @mr moose, not @Victorious Secret, not anybody else) . Do not drag people into a pointless e-peen battle of your own making. Like I said last time, you do not have a leg to stand on here, as you are, again, arguing with everybody else here.

There was no difference; I added in more words for him to NOT read.

Him ignoring most of the post to take everything out of context is quite embarrassing, for him.

I don't believe I made any insult in that post; at least, nothing that he didn't.

I mean, do you really find four capitalized letters, commonly used on internet, insulting?

But yes, perhaps I should learn to use more condescending words like you to avoid being tagged as "insulting."

You were wrong last time; you are still wrong this time.

Your people isn't everybody else; you know that.

Actually, YOUR claims are irrational.

You and your circlejerk are the only people who think I am wrong.

For example: say this is discussion about whether 2 is bigger than 1(to make it simple for you to understand). Does your opinion of "I don't like the look of 2" have any relevancy on this discussion? No, that's why it's dismissed.

Too busy being right; didn't care.

what a petulant response, such childish retorts are for the school yard.  You must be incredibly arrogant and stubborn to continue fighting when literally nearly everybody has told you you are wrong and to stop being a dick. 

-.-

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

what a petulant response, such childish retorts are for the school yard.  You must be incredibly arrogant and stubborn to continue fighting when literally nearly everybody has told you you are wrong and to stop being a dick.

Claim I'm childish yet you fail to respond to my post.

YOUR point was that it's ALL about OPINION.

And now you claim that I am wrong.

For what? For having opinion(I have facts too; but you ignored all of those)? My OPINION is wrong?

You argue like a true 12 year old.

You know who is being a dick? You; you came here to purposefully derail the thread. Now you are willing to flipflop on your "argument" just to continue derailing the thread.

@ComradeHX

You wont be able to convince them.

You and me prefer what we prefer but let other people have their opinion regardless of

how misguided you think it is.

10/10 to whichever mod closes this...

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770