PC vs PS4 vs XboxOne

HmmR

You also have to take into account that console games are pirated just about as much as a pc game is. For instance there are add everywhere on craigslist here in the town I live in to where you can pay $50 to have your Xbox One/360 PS3/4 modded to play burned games and they also advertise that they only charge $5-10 per copy of a pirated AAA game. So since it is technically rampant on both sides but isn't relevant to the community as a whole I did not include piracy on either side.

I don't think the console gamers pirate as much because you said that consoles gamer buy 4 AAA games while PC gamers buy 2.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Generally because they aren't funny. Just annoying.

thats no need to tell people to leave, you must have known peoplw would get annoyed with this, i mean most of the people on here proburly play pc 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

If you have that small a budget, just save up for a few more months.

Also as the consoles get older, older GPU's that outperform the consoles will get cheaper as well.

In a year or two 770 or maybe eventually 780 will be a good used buy.

The same thing is happening with 680's and 670's right now. There pretty great price to performance right now.

Okay you win..

But then again if you are someone young and you have literally no form of income and you aren't getting income for a while then you kind of want something there and then instead of waiting like another year.

Perfect example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-GIGABYTE-GeForce-GTX-680-4GB-GDDR5-SDRAM-/121564709185?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4dd24141

Manufacture refurbished 680 4GB for $280

Thats quite a deal

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Craigslist doesn't count as a source there are a lot of frauds.

I know it really doesn't but I had a friend in Winter Haven that modded 360's and PS3's back a few years ago and thats how he advertised his illegal business. But I did find several websites claiming to have cracked the the Xbox One here is just one http://g3ar.co.za/2013/11/27/xbox-one-has-already-been-hacked/

And as for the PS4 not so much but I did find this stating that the Lizard Squad has found a way to jailbreak the PS4 and stating they are going to be releasing it public sometime this year http://www.ps3hax.net/2015/01/lizard-squad-claim-to-release-ps4-jailbreak-in-2015/

Perfect example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-GIGABYTE-GeForce-GTX-680-4GB-GDDR5-SDRAM-/121564709185?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4dd24141

Manufacture refurbished 680 4GB for $280

Thats quite a deal

Not to a 15 year old who has to wait another year until his birthday.

Okay you win..

But then again if you are someone young and you have literally no form of income and you aren't getting income for a while then you kind of want something there and then instead of waiting like another year.

How young are we talking? 6-9 or 14-16ish?

Instead of getting an xbox for christmas just ask for cash.

Or mow lawns or whatever.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

I don't think the console gamers pirate as much because you said that consoles gamer buy 4 AAA games while PC gamers buy 2.

That might be true but I took the data and interpreted it as F2P and Indie game sales being a big factor as well since the average pc gamer does play a massive amount of League of Legends or Dota 2.

In the end though I didn't want to have to try and squeeze to much information into the mix with trivial things like piracy because that is a topic that can easily span 10+ pages of my paper on its own without coming to a real conclusion on it and the limit for my paper was 8 pages and I still went over by 2. The main points I focused on for the paper were the social aspects, difference in power (graphical capabilities) and finally cost of ownership. Since those are usually the 3 main deciding factors for someone thats why they were my main points.

I know it really doesn't but I had a friend in Winter Haven that modded 360's and PS3's back a few years ago and thats how he advertised his illegal business. But I did find several websites claiming to have cracked the the Xbox One here is just one http://g3ar.co.za/2013/11/27/xbox-one-has-already-been-hacked/

And as for the PS4 not so much but I did find this stating that the Lizard Squad has found a way to jailbreak the PS4 and stating they are going to be releasing it public sometime this year http://www.ps3hax.net/2015/01/lizard-squad-claim-to-release-ps4-jailbreak-in-2015/

Lizard squad aren't hackers and they are pathetic, I don't even think that they made anything for the PS4.

That might be true but I took the data and interpreted it as F2P and Indie game sales being a big factor as well since the average pc gamer does play a massive amount of League of Legends or Dota

Yeah a lot of people play LOL and Dota, a lot of people play FIFA and PES on console were they taken as AAA games ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I like Microsoft games in the Xbone, but the fact that I can get slightly older games for a fraction of their console prices makes me lean towards PC. 

PS: Why not include the Wii U in the poll? there are more reasons why I would buy it over the PS4 and Xbone: the controller and the games. sure it is poly in terms of sheer power, but Nintendo are the only ones to throw themselves in the fire for the sake of innovation.

PPS: please don't kill me :(  

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

The only reason I'd consider "pirating" my XBO games would be to have them on my hard drive at all time...oh wait I already do that for my games since I am largely digital distribution now. Hmm, the one true benefit of having a "jailbroken" console is what the consoles do out of the box. 

Also, I'm not some cheap whore who needs cheap rationalizations to steal games. Either the game is great and I buy at full price. Its alright and I wait till its 60% off, or its shit and I didn't need it anyways. 

Yeah a lot of people play LOL and Dota, a lot of people play FIFA and PES on console were they taken as AAA games ??

I thought FIFA was a AAA title and I dont even know what PES is lol.

I thought FIFA was a AAA title and I dont even know what PES is lol.

I guess they are, PES is similar to FIFA.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I guess they are, PES is similar to FIFA.

Oh ok I did not know last I ever heard FIFA was a full $60 AAA title released every year similar to Madden on the console. I haven't owned an Xbox One since I sold mine last July and I have never owned a PS4 so I went by the articles that I was able to find highlighting the statical data on average number of AAA games purchased per platform and the average cost of a game on each platform. 

Okay please no hate but I have been waiting to express my opinion for so long.

Console Pros:

It works (no/barely any crashing, no error on startup just install and play)

Usually consistent frame rate

Usually optimized better than PC

It will run any game released for it until the next console arrives (no upgrading)

Easy as heck to use (better for new people to gaming)

No having to go through settings for ages

Easier to play with friends

PC Pros:

Superior Quality

Better for Tech Guys who enjoy upgrading

Many more games

MODS MODS MODS

Can destroy old games that consoles in the day couldn't

The support for anything new that arises without waiting 6-10 Years(4K, MFAA, TXAA etc)

Games are MUCH cheaper

You can customize your PC to what YOU want.

Most people have Mics so communication is bigger

Communication is higher quality

Anyone who flat up says console gaming is pathetic and isn't good for anything needs to stop being an ignorant elitist poo. Respect that both have advantages.

Feel free to express your opinion but anyone who produces a bias or fanboy opinion WILL be ignored.

Dont forget the fact that you get free performance by overclocking CPU and GPU(s)

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Oh ok I did not know last I ever heard FIFA was a full $60 AAA title released every year similar to Madden on the console. I haven't owned an Xbox One since I sold mine last July and I have never owned a PS4 so I went by the articles that I was able to find highlighting the statical data on average number of AAA games purchased per platform and the average cost of a game on each platform. 

I think they are AAA games, it was nice having this conversation with you.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I think they are AAA games, it was nice having this conversation with you.

You as well. I know my paper may have had some holes in it but like I said I only had a total 3 weeks to research and write this paper so I had to go with what I could find in that limited time while keeping it within a set structure and subject mater. The subject mater I based my comparison on was the social aspects, difference in power (graphic capabilities), and overall cost of ownership for a set time i.e. 2 years. So upgrades on the pc were not taken into consideration since the average upgrade cycle is 4-5 years and same for console since their average life span is 6-10 years and I did not want to have to worry about predicting costs of newer generations of hardware that aren't even announced yet.

-snip-

PC Pros:

-snip-

Most people have Mics so communication is bigger

Sorry, but I have to disagree here, I very rarely hear mic talk when compared to my days on console. However text based then yeah, PC dominates. 

Dont forget the fact that you get free performance by overclocking CPU and GPU(s)

No you can't.

To overclock a CPU you need to spend more for a good overclocking motherboard and a CPU Cooler.

So far from my GPU overclock, I haven't seen more like 10FPS increase.

Sorry, but I have to disagree here, I very rarely hear mic talk when compared to my days on console. However text based then yeah, PC dominates. 

Well I guess it must just be the games I play :)

Well I guess it must just be the games I play :)

Mebsies, or it could be because I have got crappy internet at my new place so I haven't been able to play online much recently and everything could have changed in these last few months? But probably what you said. 

No you can't.

To overclock a CPU you need to spend more for a good overclocking motherboard and a CPU Cooler.

So far from my GPU overclock, I haven't seen more like 10FPS increase.

Well on my 980, i get anywhere from 10-20fps more on Planetside 2 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

the frame rate one is a con because its 30 on most games

30 locked is not that bad compared to 30 on a pc i have a pc and a console so

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply