PC vs PS4 vs XboxOne

HmmR

You just described nostalgia googles.

Do you know what helps old games look better , just like they did on your mind?

4k and 8x MSAA,

I know because i played games from my childhood on emulators and it helped a lot.

It really does not , still play Shenmue on my Dreamcast once a year just relive such masterpeice story telling, melts me inside everytime, now to emulate it? But then i have lost my controller, and have incorrect button commands on screen vs the controller im using, so im already ruining that memory.
i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

You say worse graphics yet you played it before and were wowed by it at a certain point in time

Maybe because it was good graphics at the time of release, it sure does not wow me now and I will use AA and higher res without second thoughts. 

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

1. Supported yes, easy no.

2. Nope that's called being straight forward and simple, you may also call people who use widgets lazy, yes you can but that's called being lazy isn't it ??

3. Tell me did you pay for the games you play with those emulators ?? also no Wii U, 360, PS3 emulator.

4. Very nice.

5. 1 month, few hours for me when my PS2 broke.

6. More like 50%-70% even 80%.

7. Your experience on consoles is just horrible, your actually the first person I met that had game crashes on console.

They may be M3H in our opinion but they are pros for me, I said PC has more pros and it's pros are great but sometimes it just wont make sense to buy a PC for gaming.

Would like to note I also had game crashes on my consoles back in the day. (Xbox, Xbox 360, PS 2, PS3)

You have purposely simplyfied what i said to work towards your own argument, the PS2 came at a time when tube TV's were what the masses used not HD TV, and due to the way a tube works, devs could hide imperfections with great accuracy such as AA and a lack of some texture definition, tube also shows better colours than HDTV natively thanks to dithering and the way that tube naturally works, there is also options on my TV to use a blur filter named colour red for some reason, which is like high quality FXAA thanks to the HW.

No I didn't.

You purposefully ignored all the wonderful enb settings that can be used to make emulator graphics look however you think it should be.

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3274

Don't tell me you never heard of enb despite having "high end hardware" and "larger steam library than 99% of people of this forum."

It really does not , still play Shenmue on my Dreamcast once a year just relive such masterpeice story telling, melts me inside everytime, now to emulate it? But then i have lost my controller, and have incorrect button commands on screen vs the controller im using, so im already ruining that memory.

Then you are cheap bastard for not buying another controller, which is cheap and usable on PC.

Fact is that adding resolution and AA makes graphics better, and if you wanted to hide "quality" of original game assets, there are plenty of post-processing settings to choose from, such as fxaa or just blur...

Laziness/ignorance is not an argument.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I actually agree with a lot of what @Mush Brain has been saying. Gaming is not always about the graphics, resolution and frame rates. it's about the overall experience. Part of the experience with certain older games is the graphics and I agree that it just doesn't feel the same playing an old game emulated into higher resolution with different controls. I prefer playing these older games on the hardware they were intended to run on.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

No I didn't.

You purposefully ignored all the wonderful enb settings that can be used to make emulator graphics look however you think it should be.

Don't tell me you never heard of enb despite having "high end hardware" and "larger steam library than 99% of people of this forum."

Then you are cheap bastard for not buying another controller, which is cheap and usable on PC.

Fact is that adding resolution and AA makes graphics better, and if you wanted to hide "quality" of original game assets, there are plenty of post-processing settings to choose from, such as fxaa or just blur...

Don't talk about what you clearly do not understand.

Good quote that.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I deny it. I refuse to play games at 30fps.

While PC is obviously better it is more expensive than consoles if you want to get the same or higher FPS on games with the same or higher graphics details. People say you can build a gaming PC for the price of a console. Sure you can. But without Windows.

While PC is obviously better it is more expensive than consoles if you want to get the same or higher FPS on games with the same or higher graphics details. People say you can build a gaming PC for the price of a console. Sure you can. But without Windows.

The higher price is worth it in my opinion.

Don't talk about what you clearly do not understand.

Good quote that.

It is you who clearly do not understand.

You must first learn what nostalgia goggles is.

I actually agree with a lot of what @Mush Brain has been saying. Gaming is not always about the graphics, resolution and frame rates. it's about the overall experience. Part of the experience with certain older games is the graphics and I agree that it just doesn't feel the same playing an old game emulated into higher resolution with different controls. I prefer playing these older games on the hardware they were intended to run on.

There is no different control, for most emulated games, original controller can be used.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

No I didn't.

You're being very rude, plain and simple. <_<

I agree with @Mush Brain in that I prefer to play certain older games on the original hardware rather than emulated with graphical enhancements. Graphics are not the most important aspect of gaming. For many people, it's the overall experience. And if the experience of playing said games on the older hardware is what we prefer, then that is our own choice and preference.

Just because someone does not agree with your own preferences and opinions does not make them ignorant, lazy or a cheap bastard. It simply means they disagree with you.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I agree with @Mush Brain in that I prefer to play certain older games on the original hardware rather than emulated with graphical enhancements. Graphics are not the most important aspect of gaming. For many people, it's the overall experience. And if the experience of playing said games on the older hardware is what we prefer, then that is our own choice and preference.

Just because someone does not agree with your own preferences and opinions does not make them ignorant, lazy or a cheap bastard. It simply means they disagree with you.

The joke is that graphics do not need to be enhanced... He was whining about how games look "wrong" when enhanced while conveniently ignoring the fact that old monitor effect CAN be reproduced...

I'm being rude; it's vastly superior to being ignorant/lazy.

You know what else is rude? Calling people cheap bastards for not buying original hardware(in my case, again) .

You had to grow up with them to go back to them.

I much prefer real HW to being a cheap bastard too.

I grew up with Sega Genesis, played on many consoles(that actually worked) before and after it, and this gen of console is shit. Emulators are great, people saying games look "wrong" just have no idea how to change the looks.

I can respect this but I can understand it.

I am way too into the technical aspects of gaming to even comprehend this.

But i respect your opinion.

The joke is that graphics do not need to be enhanced... He was whining about how games look "wrong" when enhanced while conveniently ignoring the fact that old monitor effect CAN be reproduced...

I'm being rude; it's vastly superior to being ignorant/lazy.

You know what else is rude? Calling people cheap bastards for not buying original hardware(in my case, again) like he decreed.

No one called you a cheap bastard, i simply work hard for what i want and expect nothing less from others, your condescending

mannerism is what gets you into trouble. Superiority is not judged by a single thing, but by an entire performance.

PCMR will never understand this as the intellect required is too lofty.

No one called you a cheap bastard, i simply work hard for what i want and expext nothing less from others, yoyr condescending

mannerism is what gets you into trouble. Superiority is not judged by a single thing, but by an entire performance.

You implied many people to be cheap bastards.

And if I can put in a few seconds of effort to find out how to make game look worse(like on old CRT), I expect the same of others. You have failed my expectation.

And now you conveniently ignore the MANY other of advantages of PC other than graphics.

Ignorance is not an argument, remember?

No one called you a cheap bastard, i simply work hard for what i want and expext nothing less from others, yoyr condescending

I suggest you perhaps relearn English to a much further degree as i never mentioned nor aimed that at anyone.

I suggest you perhaps relearn English to a much further degree as i never mentioned nor aimed that at anyone.

You didn't aim that at anyONE; you aimed that at almost everyone.

English isn't my first language, but you sure suck at using it worse than I do.

Accuse me of being condescending?

Yes Kettles are black too, Mr. Pot.

I think i am done with this topic, when people like to cause a problem, they make sure they do it blindly...

I think i am done with this topic, when people like to cause a problem, they make sure they do it blindly...

I didn't know you are blind; but okay.

Case in perfect point:

OFMIbtj.jpg

wKMRsyD.jpg

I'm playing a game over a decade old, running on modern hardware, yet without a lick of upgrades. Why am I doing this? Why have I already put that much time into a old game that looks like crap? BECAUSE ITS FUN. Oh god, is this a fun, fun game. Graphics, resolution, FPS; not the whole story. Not ever. Some people just can't understand or accept that. 

This entire forum knows how loud a mouth he has and how angry he gets with users when they disagree with him. But hey, I guess some people don't want reasonable advice. Not like its the first time he's had a spat with almost everyone in the thread, making nonsense claims and twisting around words to suit his viewpoint. 

wow, @ComradeHX way to take a subjective experience and tell someone they are wrong for enjoying it.

Do you also tell people what their favorite color is and what music they like?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

wow, @ComradeHX way to take a subjective experience and tell someone they are wrong for enjoying it.

Do you also tell people what their favorite color is and what music they like?

I already mentioned opinion is irrelevant here.

But of course you don't read.

This is about how Emulator is a positive thing for PC; not how people are cheap bastards for not buying old consoles.

I'm playing a game over a decade old, running on modern hardware, yet without a lick of upgrades. Why am I doing this? Why have I already put that much time into a old game that looks like crap? BECAUSE ITS FUN. Oh god, is this a fun, fun game. Graphics, resolution, FPS; not the whole story. Not ever. Some people just can't understand or accept that. 

This entire forum knows how loud a mouth he has and how angry he gets with users when they disagree with him. But hey, I guess some people don't want reasonable advice. Not like its the first time he's had a spat with almost everyone in the thread, making nonsense claims and twisting around words to suit his viewpoint.

And as usual, you still have no idea what you are talking about.

Graphics...etc. isn't everything?  YOU DON'T SAY.

That's why I'm playing certain games on EMULATORS, you know...games NOT made recently?

It's not the first time you fail to read; and it won't be the last.  But please, do tell more about the obvious.

You think I'm getting angry with people who disagree?  No, I'm just highlighting things that you MISSED, which made your "argument" irrelevant. I use CAPITALIZED letters when people failed(or simply refused) to read.

I already mentioned opinion is irrelevant here.

But of course you don't read.

This is about how Emulator is a positive thing for PC; not how people are cheap bastards for not buying old consoles.

Case in point.

that's your opinion, not theirs.  stop telling people what they should be enjoying and why.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Case in point.

that's your opinion, not theirs.  stop telling people what they should be enjoying and why.

^That's not my opinion.

This is about objective pros(it is a fact that emulators exist and PC can play games of many old consoles, meanwhile current gen or last gen consoles can't do much) and cons(none, all of his complaints were invalid); not whether people like to jerk off to old potatoes.

I DIDN'T tell anyone what they should/should not enjoy; I'm telling him to stop shoving his shitty opinion(that part is my opinion, because he complains about the "look" of the game without realizing that graphics can be altered in many ways...) down people's throats.

But of course you won't read that properly; because if you did, you would not be replying.

join_in_the_internet_circle_jerk_print-r

@mr moose, this summarizes the mentality that goes around these parts when it comes to what platform someone should play on. Not going to change that, certainly not when this echo chamber encourages such narrow minded asshattery.