PC vs PS4 vs XboxOne

HmmR

Again, 800 isn't necessary upfront.

I know it isn't but I was responding to he telling me about the 800$.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Not you the other guy who cars about you, your builds were great but they weren't 350$ and let's make it 320$ as you can get windows from /something for 20$, so make a rig better than console for 320$ not even you can make it.

320 dollars?

Wut

Its more like 400 dollars + 60 dollars for online play as far as i know.

320 bucks okay , best i can do.

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.49 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($29.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card  ($111.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  ($19.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA 400W ATX Power Supply  ($19.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $337.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-18 09:47 EST-0500

But arguing about price PC will win as if you payed more you could have a rig better than consoles in U.S.

I would like to get in other points in why consoles are better.

Price-wize there is only 1 reason that the console is better, lower initial-cost.

THAT'S IT.

And even if you spend 550/600 on a PC you will still save a lot of money over getting a console and you will enjoy more things

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

320 dollars?

Wut

Motherboard: Biostar H81MHV3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 260 1GB Video Card  ($82.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Enermax Thorex ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($34.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $332.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-18 09:43 EST-0500

If I buy PS+ which I don't need to, I will buy less for games that year cause the tittles they offer are great and the extra deals/discounts are great.

But like I would like to go into other points why consoles are better than PC, building a PC in U.S. is cheaper somehow.

633518898025661363-approved---good-job--

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Not you the other guy who cars about you, your builds were great but they weren't 350$ and let's make it 320$ as you can get windows from /something for 20$, so make a rig better than console for 320$ not even you can make it.

320 dollars?

Wut

Can't really compare it in dollar per dollar amounts. Keep in mind that you can get fairly new PC games for much less than their console equivalents and lets also not forget that a PC is much more versatile than consoles which should be at least worth an additional 50 -100 USD imo.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

If I buy PS+ which I don't need to, I will buy less for games that year cause the tittles they offer are great and the extra deals/discounts are great.

But like I would like to go into other points why consoles are better than PC, building a PC in U.S. is cheaper somehow.

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card  ($111.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

I updated the build also.

Consoles arent better because a pc can play games THIRTY YEARS IN TO THE PAST  and be used as a productivity machine also.

It doubles as anything you want.

Cheaper games , more sellers , free online multiplayer , upgradibility , mods , versatility , customizability

Its no match.

You only buy a console if you are lazy and dont want to learn or if you like the exclusives.

With a ps4 you pay 400 dollar for ONE GENERATION OF GAMES , I can play atari games on my pc if i want.

Cant you see the value on that?

Price-wize there is only 1 reason that the console is better, lower initial-cost.

THAT'S IT.

And even if you spend 550/600 on a PC you will still save a lot of money over getting a console and you will enjoy more things

1. I agree but not always the long term cost on PS4 is higher.

2. Enjoy more things ??? you know that's totally subjective.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Can't really compare it in dollar per dollar amounts. Keep in mind that you can get fairly new PC games for much less than their console equivalents and lets also not forget that a PC is much more versatile than consoles which should be at least worth an additional 50 -100 USD imo.

Nope not cheaper, look at PS store they have great deals on games all the time.

PC is more versatile but we're arguing about gaming, being versatile is a plus but when the Xbone gets windows 10 that plus would be gone.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

2. Enjoy more things ??? you know that's totally subjective.

PC has emulators so you can basically play ANY game you want from the past

PC have more exclusives than any other platform

We can play flash-browser games with ease and hot-seat multiplayer

The PC has MORE to enjoy, there is no going around it

1. I agree but not always the long term cost on PS4 is higher.

Don't compare PS4 to PC without taking online multiplayer cost into account, that's a basic "Need" so to speak for any console owner and should not be left out.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

320 dollars?

Wut

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($44.49 @ Newegg)

Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.98 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Best Buy)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card ($111.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Micro Center)

Power Supply: EVGA 400W ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ NCIX US)

meh

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($71.98 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($55.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital AV-GP 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($34.49 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($102.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Diablotek DIAMOND ATX Mid Tower Case w/400W Power Supply ($27.99 @ Micro Center)

Total: $316.42

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-18 09:55 EST-0500

There is no reason, at least if you are on this forum and not just here to post peasantry bs for reddit karma, why consoles would be better than PC.

If you get ps+, you already spent enough money to buy actually good games(such as $7 humble bundle square enix pack, half of those games are good anyway)...you have to deal with unreliable service on top of that too.

And PC games do not just have best sales, they are also generally best versions with mods and better graphics...etc. Unless ot's ubisoft game, in which case you don't even get decent sales and you should not pay for them in forst place.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Nope not cheaper, look at PS store they have great deals on games all the time.

PC is more versatile but we're arguing about gaming, being versatile is a plus but when the Xbone gets windows 10 that plus would be gone.

Im saying you cant really compare it cause its not really the same... The functionality that PCs share with consoles is only part of what PCs do. Its like comparing a multitool to a knife and then saying the multitool should cost the same.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

meh

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($71.98 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($55.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital AV-GP 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($34.49 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($102.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Diablotek DIAMOND ATX Mid Tower Case w/400W Power Supply ($27.99 @ Micro Center)

Total: $316.42

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-18 09:55 EST-0500

That PSU tho :(

That PSU tho :(

Zero need for more expensive psu.

Gpu comes with molex to 6pin adapter.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

For the money, ps4/xone decimate PC for pure gaming, heck my PS3 does.. it cost me £50.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

For the money, ps4/xone decimate PC for pure gaming, heck my PS3 does.. it cost me £50.

I guess you didn't bother reading above.

And PS3 isn't even competitive due to being a dead platform.

You probably didn't buy a new one either.

I updated the build also.

Consoels arent better because a pc can play games THIRTY YEARS IN TO THE PAST  and be used as a productivity machine also.

It doubles as anything you want.

Cheaper games , more sellers , free online multiplayer , upgradibility , mods , versatility , customizability

Its no match.

You only buy a console if you are lazy and dont want to learn or if you like the exclusives.

Okay let's go:

1. Playing with friends on console is easier much easier, buy a multilayer game like PES insert the disk/download, grab the controller and play.

2. Settings the console is much easier, playing game is more straight forward.

3. PS4 can play older games by using PS now and more titles are added, you can also upgrade some PS3 games to your PS4 for 10$ 30 years old games can you tell me a 30 years old game you played ??

4. Cheaper not really, PS store has great deals, I can buy used games.

5.  Let's go in diagnosing, if my PS4 just contact Sony -great customer service I may say- and replacing the PS4 -if it's broke- is easy very easy, let's say my PC breaks I will need to diagnose my PC figure what is wrong, if  my GPU broke I will need to RMA it and the time frame I wont be able to play games.

6. Free online yes that's a plus, like I said PS+ gives me additional benefits other than paying for online.

7. Consistency on consoles, that helps a lot in troubleshooting.

Yes PC has more pros but people has different opinions and some of PC pros means nothing to me, like mods for example  -for me not you me see me not you again me-, but a plus like it's being a PC is a huge plus and 60FPS gaming is also a huge plus but for some reason playing with 30FPS doesn't bother me, for gaming I would choose a console in a lot of conditions but there are some conditions where a console just wont make sense.  

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Im saying you cant really compare it cause its not really the same... The functionality that PCs share with consoles is only part of what PCs do. Its like comparing a multitool to a knife and then saying the multitool should cost the same.

I kinda agree, versatility is a plus on PC and you can deny that but console have their market too, not everyone is going to need a multitool knife, I for example prefer my tools to be separated not in one tool.

PC has emulators so you can basically play ANY game you want from the past

PC have more exclusives than any other platform

We can play flash-browser games with ease and hot-seat multiplayer

The PC has MORE to enjoy, there is no going around it

Don't compare PS4 to PC without taking online multiplayer cost into account, that's a basic "Need" so to speak for any console owner and should not be left out.

1. It has more exclusives yes but more me a lot of it's exclusives are games that I wouldn't even pirate and PS4 exclusive like Infamous/destiny is just better.

2. Yes you can use emulator but not all platforms go ahead and emulate PS3 and 360 games I dare you, it will take few years but not now.

3. Yep you can play games from the past but so does the PS4 -not a lot of games but some of them-.

4. Not really, a lot of my friends wont even look at old games like Prince of Persia: Sands Time while it's a great game, people have different taste in game and like different things.

5. Yes I can compare you may ask why because I didn't buy online and don't need to, I may buy it in 3-5 months, also I don't have to buy it every year.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Still games being made for it, plus a huge back catalogue of console exclusives, back compatible with PS1 too, hardly dead is it?

£50 wont even get you ram.

yet i got a Ps3 in mint condition for that money.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/306171-think-i-got-a-good-deal/

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

It's still a great platform that has awesome games and some games are made for it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Okay let's go:

1. Playing with friends on console is easier much easier, buy a multilayer game like PES insert the disk/download, grab the controller and play.

2. Settings the console is much easier, playing game is more straight forward.

3. PS4 can play older games by using PS now and more titles are added, you can also upgrade some PS3 games to your PS4 for 10$ 30 years old games can you tell me a 30 years old game you played ??

4. Cheaper not really, PS store has great deals, I can buy used games.

5. Let's go in diagnosing, if my PS4 just contact Sony -great customer service I may say- and replacing the PS4 -if it's broke- is easy very easy, let's say my PC breaks I will need to diagnose my PC figure what is wrong, if my GPU broke I will need to RMA it and the time frame I wont be able to play games.

6. Free online yes that's a plus, like I said PS+ gives me additional benefits other than paying for online.

7. Consistency on consoles, that helps a lot in troubleshooting.

Yes PC has more pros but people has different opinions and some of PC pros means nothing to me, like mods for example -for me not you me see me not you again me-, but a plus like it's being a PC is a huge plus and 60FPS gaming is also a huge plus but for some reason playing with 30FPS doesn't bother me, for gaming I would choose a console in a lot of conditions but there are some conditions where a console just wont make sense.

1.On PC, I can plug in controller, download game, and play with xbox360, commonly supported, controller profile with ANY reasonably popular controller.

I can even play games that DID NOT HAVE COOP by default with friends on SAME PC.

If you know what you are doing, PC is much less pain to play local coop with, also due to console potatoes NOT HAVING local coop on most games.

2.explain "straight forward" because you still need to register/login for ps-.

3.PS4 does not play 30 year old games, earliest PS is made in around 21 years ago... PC, on the other hand...could play Castle Wolfenstein.

4.Used games give no money to devs, you might as well be pirating(except you are dumb and paid money to greedy pawnshops).

5.PC doagnosing is easy/flexible, you are not required to return entite tower... If GPU fails, igpu can work if you had intel.

If PC breaks, each part has its own warranty and websites like newegg can even send replacement part BEFORE your dead part gets there, for FREE.

For console potatoes, you are out of gaming machine for twice as long and probably have to pay first.

6.Additional benefits such as "free" games you PAID for? what else?

7.Consistency of console troubleshooting is that you CAN'T fix it if game crashes because it's console potato...you are at dev's mercy.

PC is objectively superior, if you try to use your opinion as an argument, then you have failed before there was even an argument.

What if I tell you not many smart people like $60 5hour singleplayer-only "cinematic" games?

I played ET for the atari 2600 the other day.

GG.

I also played zelda 1 on the NES.

Terranigma on the SNES.

That was a few months ago so.

You just cemented what I said , consoles are for lazy people that dont want to learn or people that enjoy exclusives.

PC is better in every other way.

Just to mention... no one here plays PC games even close to 30 years old as 99 percent of them are just either too archaic or simply will not run on Windows or with your HW config.

Earliest games i go back to are Resident Evil and Tomb Raider, at which point are superior on console thanks to better controls.

Just to nention... no one here plays PC games even close to 30 years old as 99 percent of them are just either too archaic or simply will not run on Windows or with your HW config.

Earliest games i go back to are Resident Evil and Tomb Raider, at which point are superior on console thanks to better controls.

NES games?

Legend of zelda?

Castlevania?

I played castlevania on a emulator on my second year of uni.

I played the first zelda recently , just because you dont...

Better controls? Do you even xbox 360 pad?

Just to mention... no one here plays PC games even close to 30 years old as 99 percent of them are just either too archaic or simply will not run on Windows or with your HW config.

There is no better control on console potatoes.

Because PC has all of them, you can even control game with sex organ.