Good looking E-ATX case

jewwe

Hello!

I'm looking for a case that's fully E-ATX compatible, for a dual socket workstation. Which also happens to look good.

I've previously used the Chieftec SH-03B, which fits the board perfectly, but leaves a lot to be desired in the looks department.

I took a look at the Fractal Design Define XL R2, because I've worked with the regular Define R4 and 5 and been happy with them, but the board actually blocks off most of the cable management ports, making it neigh impossible to get a clean-looking finish. Short of dragging the ATX power cables across the board, I see no way to overcome this. Plus, some of the motherboard mounting holes don't fit.

Therefor, I'm asking if any of you have experience in this? I would prefer something simple-looking like the Define or Arc for that matter. It must be able to fit an E-ATX board (305x330mm / 12x13") and still have room left over for cable management.

Thanks in advance :)

Phanteks Enthoo pro

Corsair 450D

Or the case you already mentioned are good ones

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

You can fit an EATX board into the H440 and it looks really good.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Phanteks Enthoo pro

Corsair 450D

Or the case you already mentioned are good ones

Neither of those support full E-ATX without covering cable management holes.

The 900D is the only one I can really think of off the top of my head, but there are probably some less extreme options xD

Neither of those support full E-ATX without covering cable management holes.

Don't they only partially cover the management holes? If so a PSU with style cables should still be fine for you most part, you just need to pre-manage some of the cable management (IE put the 24-pin through the hole before inserting the motherboard and the likes)

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Don't they only partially cover the management holes? If so a PSU with style cables should still be fine for you most part, you just need to pre-manage some of the cable management (IE put the 24-pin through the hole before inserting the motherboard and the likes)

He's not talking about the pseudo-"E-ATX" boards that are an extra inch wide like the RIVE (which are NOT E-ATX spec). He's talking about an SSI EEB server board or "true" E-ATX, these boards are wider than they are tall.

@jewwe I think there are a number of Lian Li cases that will fit this comfortably, like the PC-A75 or A76/A76WX. They are very well built and have a nice clean look to the exterior although unfortunately the downside is the interiors are extremely dated in design and leave a lot to be desired there. (Also you should probably update your title to say SSI EEB rather than E-ATX otherwise people will assume you are talking about 12x10.5" boards)