Dual monitors problem

randrei

First of all, i'm sorry if this has been posted before my but limited english dictionary didn't let me find anything similar to my needs.

So here is a video of my setup and the problems i encounter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg2pW6kVmeU

At 0:11 . When i go into the game, google chrome resizes

At 0:21 . Ignore it. it doesn't happen when the game starts.

So basicly. i can't enter a game without the second monitor re-sizing. All i want to do is watch a youtube video on the second monitor while i play, or some helpful info regarding the game i'm playing, but i can't manipulate the second monitor while in game.

Is there an application witch just locks my second monitor and only let's me manipulate it while i press something?

Like i'm gaming, i press ALT and it let's me use the second monitor to switch a tab or search for another video without interfering with the main monitor and when i press ALT again it will only let me touch the main monitor.

Thanks for reading.

Are the 2 monitors the same? 

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

no, one is AOC 2357M 23" and the other is BenQ G2200W 22" Sorry for not mentioning it in the first post!

Edit:

The AOC runs at 1920 x 1080

The BenQ runs at 1680 x 1050

If the first monitor is at a lower resolution to the second then everything on the second monitor will move to the side like it did in your video.  I find this happening with new games where I haven't changed the settings and they are at a low resolution.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

The main monitor is the AOC 23" running at 1920 x 1080 and the second one (witch i want to use for videos or chrome while i play on my main monitor) is the BenQ 22" running at 1680 x 1050. Is there a way to make it not move my stuff on the second monitor when i enter games on my main monitor?

Hmmm, I'm no Windows expert but I'm pretty sure that the monitors being different resolution are not the problem. I have 2 different size displays and mine don't resize. However for some reason if i use my TV it does resize. I guess it must be a setting somewhere?

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

Not sure what screen have you set as main screen?

Im running 2x 1080p and 1x 1050p and I don't encounter this problem in dota.

I do in zsnes, since that doesn't run at 1080p. Is your Dota 2 set to 1080p?

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Is your Dota 2 set to 1080p?

This'll be the most likely cause, make sure all the games you run on monitor X are set to the resolution that monitor x is set to in windows (So the max res), if it isn't set to the correct resolution you'll cause both monitors to change resolution and then change back to the default when you exit the game. 

You could also get around this by playing in windowed mode, but that isn't always fun  :lol:

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

running dota on on full hd works! no more resizing but now i found another problem. this happens: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3IGe_Pra7k

that line keeps running down my monitor

Edit: ops, sorry for holding my phone the wrong way

The refresh rate perhaps? 

Screen Resolution ->  Advanced Settings -> Monitor..

Other than that, it beats me..

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

they are both at 60Hz (That's the maximum i can go, the monitors are rated at 75Hz each)