Are there any good amp/dac's for around £50

Weirdybeardyman

Quite. And designing a headphone amp without such protection is dumb.

Either way, it doesn't explain the massive amount of handwaving that occurred once the issue came up. Schiit could have said what you did, but that wasn't what happened.

According to nwavguy's blog, schiit did admit there's an on/off power transient, but it's 0.15V, which was not true.

Some highlight from the blog:

• Jason Stoddard from Schiit Audio (a paying Head-Fi sponsor) responded claiming the power down transient of the Asgard is only 0.10 – 0.15 volts and supposedly similar to a half dozen other headphone amps. Therefore, he argued, the glitch was quite harmless
  • Eventually, with some prodding, kwkarth who owns an Asgard reported his amp has the same problem and he measured the power down glitch at 2.2 volts—about 15 times worse than claimed
  • AKG reported even 0.25 volts of DC during power down might damage their headphones. Based on this, and the above bombshell, the original poster decided to return his Schiit Asgard

You two are are reminding me of this time I had a conversation with a wall, difference beng the wall made valid points and was smarter then this one.

At least walls have a useful purpose.

According to nwavguy's blog, schiit did admit there's an on/off power transient, but it's 0.15V, which was not true.

Some highlight from the blog:

Don't bother, at this point we're just being trolled.

You two are are reminding me of this time I had a conversation with a wall, difference beng the wall made valid points and was smarter then this one.

That wall might be smarter, but I'm betting it's not as thick....

At least walls have a useful purpose.

People respect walls for being useful, walls also tend not to refute science because then believe something different.

People respect walls for being useful, walls also tend not to refute science because then believe something different.

I guess it's nice if science only has to apply when you need it to.

I guess it's nice if science only has to apply when you need it to.

Is that how religion works?

Is that how religion works?

I think so, I try not to get that stuff on me.

I think so, I try not to get that stuff on me.

hey oh *back to shop, lunch is overj*

Spend money to justify spending more money, always a solid strategy.

It isn't spending money to justify spending more money, its justifying spending more money because I will be getting a distinctly better experience rather than a barely noticable improvement through not spending enough.

It isn't spending money to justify spending more money, its justifying spending more money because I will be getting a distinctly better experience rather than a barely noticable improvement through not spending enough.

Then I'd recommend going to stores and try before buy. I've tried lots of amps, from $20 E6, to $1500 Sennheiser HDVA 600, to $4000 Alo studio six. Do they sound different? Yeah. Does the difference justify spending a fuckton of money? Hell no. Well, maybe if my income is $20.000/month....

Then I'd recommend going to stores and try before buy. I've tried lots of amps, from $20 E6, to $1500 Sennheiser HDVA 600, to $4000 Alo studio six. Do they sound different? Yeah. Does the difference justify spending a fuckton of money? Hell no. Well, maybe if my income is $20.000/month....

$20 a month? What are you, some kinda scrub lord? I make roughly $19 every 28 days. 

International people use periods for commas in numbers I believe.

God. Damn. New Mexico. Is 48th in education. 

God. Damn. New Mexico. Is 48th in education. 

Doesn't matter, the US way of doing things is clearly superior.