Are there any good amp/dac's for around £50

Weirdybeardyman

I have been interested in getting a USB amp/dac but not interested enough to spend over £50 for the moment but I am wondering if there are any amp/dacs that are actually worth buying within this price range.Aidioamp

Your looking at some seriously cheesy Chinese shit within that price bracket.

If you can spare a bit more money, a Schiit Magni/Modi stack is the way to go.

Or and Objective Amp/DAC combo unit... they're nice too.

Your looking at some seriously cheesy Chinese shit within that price bracket.

If you can spare a bit more money, a Schiit Magni/Modi stack is the way to go.

The Syba isn't really that cheesy.

The Syba isn't really that cheesy.

Still nowhere near the level of Schiit or Objective. ;)

Still nowhere near the level of Schiit or Objective. ;)

I doubt many people would hear a difference if it's used within it's power capabilities.

I doubt many people would hear a difference if it's used within it's power capabilities.

You definitely would be able to, especially with high end AKGs, Senheisers, or any other excellent hifi brand out there. Noise floors are very important.

Remember Linus's vid on cheap GPUs? Same applies here. Spend a little more money and get a lot more in return.

You definitely would be able to, especially with high end AKGs, Senheisers, or any other excellent hifi brand out there. Noise floors are very important.

Remember Linus's vid on cheap GPUs? Same applies here. Spend a little more money and get a lot more in return.

How many audios per second per dollar is the sweet spot for sound interfaces?

Inaudible distortion is inaudible whether it costs $50 or $200.

I though this might be the case, I will probably hold out till I have more money to splash on a decent Amp/Dac and a set of headphones good enough that I will notice an improvement over a mobo amp.

How many audios per second per dollar is the sweet spot for sound interfaces?

Any level of a/s/$ on par with a decent amp/dac combo will suffice, and no motherboard "audio" (lol) doesn't count.

Inaudible distortion is inaudible whether it costs $50 or $200.

Not distortion, but hiss. 'Tis why high end audio gear has very low noise floors

I though this might be the case, I will probably hold out till I have more money to splash on a decent Amp/Dac and a set of headphones good enough that I will notice an improvement over a mobo amp.

That would be a wise choice. You won't have upgrade later and will have spent less money in the long run. ^_^

Not distortion, but hiss. 'Tis why high end audio gear has very low noise floors

Same difference, both are deviations from the original input signal. A low noise floor is not terribly difficult to achieve.

Same difference, both are deviations from the original input signal. A low noise floor is not terribly difficult to achieve.

And Syba fails at both... come to think of it everything they shit out is sub-par. :ph34r:

And Syba fails at both... come to think of it everything they shit out is sub-par. :ph34r:

Tell that to the guy who uses it over a $700 amp, not me.

Tell that to the guy who uses it over a $700 amp, not me.

You don't happen to be one of the people who think that the human eye can't see any more than 24fps, are you?

You don't happen to be one of the people who think that the human eye can't see any more than 24fps, are you?

Nope. OP wanted a cheap amp+DAC, and the Syba is quite good for the money by all accounts.

Nope.

Good. Must people who think expensive audio gear is snake oil also think 144Hz makes no difference.

Good. Must people who think expensive audio gear is snake oil also think 144Hz makes no difference.

The difference is that expensive audio gear is often objectively snake oil. In either case double blind testing settles the discussion.

Hehehe this thread descended quickly :D

People tend to dislike audiophiles like myself. I dunno why.

The difference is that expensive audio gear is often objectively snake oil. In either case double blind testing settles the discussion.

So misguided... even as a lowly hobbyist audio engineer, I can still easily distinguish between cheap gear and quality gear.

So misguided... even as a lowly hobbyist audio engineer, I can still easily distinguish between cheap gear and quality gear.

Yes, and a blind test ensure that the "differences" you distinguish are real and not imagined.