Are there any good amp/dac's for around £50

Weirdybeardyman

Nwav had the amp swap on his blog, i think, maybe. On tab in class, cant be bothered.

Nwav had the amp swap on his blog, i think, maybe. On tab in class, cant be bothered.

Stop screwing around the 4ham and pay attention!!

Stop screwing around the 4ham and pay attention!!

Its diff service, something I can do while tickling sailors

Its diff service, something I can do while tickling sailors

Tickle away, then.

Tickle away, then.

No navy in this class, guardsmen tho, bit to burly for me tho.

No navy in this class, guardsmen tho, bit to burly for me tho.

Just as well, I'd be jelly.

The rest of this thread;

e93RlpJ.jpg

My two cents though;

The Schiit Fulla is in that same pricerange and has a much better output impedance (<0.4ohms instead of 13) and enough juice to run most average headphones.

My two cents though;

The Schiit Fulla is in that same pricerange and has a much better output impedance (<0.4ohms instead of 13) and enough juice to run most average headphones.

Too bad it's made by a joke company.

Meh, don't do that. You stagnate the conversation before it even started. Don't like insinuations based on a conversation that took place between the two of you. I posted that gif for a reason.

Meh, don't do that. You stagnate the conversation before it even started. Don't like insinuations based on a conversation that took place between the two of you. I posted that gif for a reason.

You're just going to get pissed off at the guy. I'm just giving you a friendly warning. B)

You wanna be my sailor?

Sure; I'll meet you on the poop deck.

If you know what I mean.

To repeat what I previously said, I will wait till I have more money to spend on hardware that will defiantly have an advantage over my current mobo amp and audio equiptment, probably end up spending around £300 on some nice AKG or Senheisser over/on ear heaphones and £150/£200 on a usb amp/dac.

At the end of the day, OP, it is your money.

If you want a cheap audio solution then plug a cheap pair of speakers/headphones into your mobo audio and call it a day.

If you want a cheap amp/DAC, then by all means, go with the Syba.

If you want a truly great audio experience, get a Schiit stack or a combination O2/ODAC for the best in ~$200 audio.

Audio is the most subjective human sense (arguably more so than taste) and objectivity is nearly impossible in the realm of sound. I.e. some people love tube amps, others hate them.

I don't really care if @SSL wants to bludgeon me with with double blind tests and say that I'm hearing things or if @creatip123 wants to diss ultra low noise floors. I know what I hear and to me, that's all that matters. Recording engineers will tell you that a $1000 Preamp is far better than a $100 one, and I'm more inclined to believe them over the wannabe audio expert hacks on this forum.

Just whatever you do. :lol:

I think this is a very good well reasoned post with a lot of valid points.

To repeat what I previously said, I will wait till I have more money to spend on hardware that will defiantly have an advantage over my current mobo amp and audio equiptment, probably end up spending around £300 on some nice AKG or Senheisser over/on ear heaphones and £150/£200 on a usb amp/dac.

Tbh, you shouldn't have to spend so much on an amp/dac. Unless you grab some orthodynamic or 300ohm pair... Most of the headphones thse days ware somewhat designed towards mobile use and extremely effcicient. 

To take the example of my own phones, they only need 50mW max @ 22ohms.

Spend money to justify spending more money, always a solid strategy.

I would spend 300pounds on an amplifier and 150 to 200 pounds on a hifi headphone, but maybe thats just me! :)

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Pretty sure you've got it backwards. You're the one that is wrong and stubborn.

Leave him to wave his tiny baby fists in peace.

Pretty sure you've got it backwards. You're the one that is wrong and stubborn.

Sure, lets go with that. :rolleyes:

Leave him to wave his tiny baby fists in peace.

Still assmad, huh?

Does that reduce the value of the product in any way?

It does actually. They tried to cover up one of their very expensive amps killing headphones. If people are mad at the stupid gtx 970 vram thing then they should be furious at schiit. Based on principle alone, I would never give them a cent of my money. Also they look ugly on top of it.