U2713HM MADNESS!

Good thing about the asus, dell and viewsonic you can re enter the lottery by using the good ol' warranty :P

The bad thing about Dell is the time you have to spend on the phone with Indian tech support. Everytime I call,  I get transferred to 4 different departments and put on hold for a total of 45 min. :P

mine does have some yellow backlight bleed. im thinking about a replacement i just dont how drastic it needs to be to warrant a return

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

heres a picture

post-22241-0-94731100-1373516816_thumb.j

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

So it would seam that LG and Samsung have production issues with their IPS panels.

That's not good news at all. They are both the main/largest producers of IPS panels (Samsung is PLS)

So it would seam that LG and Samsung have production issues with their IPS panels.

That's not good news at all. They are both the main/largest producers of IPS panels (Samsung is PLS)

It's weird, I have one and a mate has 3. No issues whatsoever. They all come from the same warehouse in Hong Kong don't they? I've had 4 Dell Ultrasharp monitors and I will never buy anything else ever again. For me they have been perfect.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Every monitor has the possibility to have dead pixels thats just a fact as for un even backlighting on my PB278Q i dont remember noticing it id it is there. I wouldnt be surprised if it has at least some as it billed as a business monitor not a art one.

The 2713HM is a known monitor with Horrible QC..I have been saying this for months but no one listened to me..On OC.NET there are 27 members i believe on the 2713HM club and they have gone through close to 70 monitors..Dell definitely needs to step up there game..

Even Dell has admitted these problems to the 2713HM owners in the club stating they are working on a REV 02 to try and address these issues.

Fuzz your best bet is to ask if you can receive a REV 02 monitor as they are suppose to fix these issues..Do you know what REV yours is?I think its on the box..

Kinda crazy how in this topic there were 3 monitors bad outta 3..

The second replacement from Dell arrived today (version: A00 - April 2013).  Guess what? Another dead pixel! Seriously pissed off at Dell's quality control. 3 monitors in a row with issues now.

The second replacement from Dell arrived today. Guess what? Another dead pixel! Seriously pissed off at Dell's quality control. 3 monitors in a row with issues now.

But it's a Dell and it's a grade A plus panel.. Lol.. Send it back and get your money back..I have been telling people how HORRIBLE the 2713hm is with QC..And after 30days then you will get a refurbished monitor even though you bought a new one..In my book 3 strikes and your out..

But it's a Dell and it's a grade A plus panel.. Lol.. Send it back and get your money back..I have been telling people how HORRIBLE the 2713hm is with QC..And after 30days then you will get a refurbished monitor even though you bought a new one..In my book 3 strikes and your out..

The second replacement from Dell arrived today (version: A00 - April 2013).  Guess what? Another dead pixel! Seriously pissed off at Dell's quality control. 3 monitors in a row with issues now.

i think i'll live with the backlight for the time being