U2713HM MADNESS!

Nope, they said 3-5 business days and they just shipped it yesterday.

dang...I just got mine today and theres some minor backlight bleed. I cant for the life of me get the thing to display at 1440p!

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Yup, they all have back light bleed apparently. You need to use display port or dual link DVI cable for 1440p. Your video card needs to have a DVI-D port as well.

Yup, they all have back light bleed apparently. You need to use display port or dual link DVI cable for 1440p. Your video card needs to have a DVI-D port as well.

im using the supplied cable and I have a 7970. I dont know whats going on...

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

im using the supplied cable and I have a 7970. I dont know whats going on...

Is the cable they gave you a Dual link?

Is the cable they gave you a Dual link?

yep

Well that sucks.

In your case, you'll get a new replacement if you call Dell, as you are in the return period. If you want, you can return it due to the fault, and buy the ASUS one.

What is your monitor revision? Perhaps you got an old revision, is what I am thinking, due to shortage.

At work we order 80 Dell U2312HM, and all were revision A00, instead of A06. We clearly got old stock, and we got the revision, based on what I read on the Internet, seams to be model with the most problem due to the time were LG had production issues with their IPS panels, and still shipping them to meet demand, and doesn't care much, due to a lack of competition in the IPS market for monitors, which LG is the biggest manufacture by a very very very long shot compared to the others.... it's like the Microsoft of IPS panels. While I could not test properly back light bleeding, I saw nothing visible on the desktop in any of them (yes I checked every single one of them - well 40 of them.. 40 are still in boxes to be prepared to be checked and deployed), and only 1 had the crosshatching issue. No back light bleeding were visible on blacks and colors.. but it must be noted that I am in a well lit room: lights and sun,.. so take what I said about the backlight with a grain of salt.

I agree with your decision. I faced the same decision a few months ago and made the exact same choice. I went with the U2713HM and am so happy with it that I'll be adding a U2412M in the coming few months. 

Sorry to hear about the problems however, I haven't had any issues with my monitor as of yet.

i5 3570K • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP • 2x Asus GTX 670 SLI • Asus Sabertooth z77 • Asus PCE-AC66 • Crucial M4 256GB • Corsair AX 850 • Sound Blaster Xz • Fractal Define R4 • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 • Dell U2713HM • Sennheiser RS 180 • Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel • Clubsport Pedals

Well that sucks.

In your case, you'll get a new replacement if you call Dell, as you are in the return period. If you want, you can return it due to the fault, and buy the ASUS one.

What is your monitor revision? Perhaps you got an old revision, is what I am thinking, due to shortage.

At work we order 80 Dell U2312HM, and all were revision A00, instead of A06. We clearly got old stock, and we got the revision, based on what I read on the Internet, seams to be model with the most problem due to the time were LG had production issues with their IPS panels, and still shipping them to meet demand, and doesn't care much, due to a lack of competition in the IPS market for monitors, which LG is the biggest manufacture by a very very very long shot compared to the others.... it's like the Microsoft of IPS panels. While I could not test properly back light bleeding, I saw nothing visible on the desktop in any of them (yes I checked every single one of them - well 40 of them.. 40 are still in boxes to be prepared to be checked and deployed), and only 1 had the crosshatching issue. No back light bleeding were visible on blacks and colors.. but it must be noted that I am in a well lit room: lights and sun,.. so take what I said about the backlight with a grain of salt.

i look at a 3rd party software and it recognizes the monitor as a native 2560x1440

I agree with your decision. I faced the same decision a few months ago and made the exact same choice. I went with the U2713HM and am so happy with it that I'll be adding a U2412M in the coming few months. 

Sorry to hear about the problems however, I haven't had any issues with my monitor as of yet.

i just bought a displayport cable it should be here in 2 days. 1080p is killing me

about the cable it might have just been bad or something because you can easily do 1440p over dual-link DVI, HDMI, or DP. I would have use DP if you have it open. Monoprice has very good cheap but great quality cables.

after weeks of tiring debating and contemplating, i have finally purchased my monitor. 

****BIG SHOUT OUT TO GoodBytes and OneGun!!!!! HUGE HELP!****  these guys really helped me learn about the monitor world. 

anyways i was looking at the Asus PB278Q v. QNIX QX2710 (korean monitor) v. Dell U2713HM

i went with the Dell for 3 reasons.

1. Name brand- this is kinda a big deal. "QNIX" is infact a name of a brand but its just a label to make the korean panels....well....seem more appealing. With Dell you have the security of knowing that a team of Dell engineers sat down and planned the schematics out versus some random korean guy slapping a case on there and calling it gold. 

2. Quality- this hits the "Name brand" point also but it's such a big deal it was a reason in itself. These korean monitors are rejects...that is why they are priced the way they are. whether it's some unnoticeable solder or poor backlighting there is something defective with the monitor. The frame wasn't a quality issue for me but the more i thought about it the more i realized "i have put $XXXX into my computer...why buy a crappy looking product now? why i love the price im worried that this quality issue will bite me in the butt in 1-2 years when this thing would *POTENTIALLY* die.

3. Warranty- this single handily switched me from Team Korea to Team Overpriced-NameBrand. i saw too many forum posts and too many YouTube videos from people who have their Korean panel FAIL...like EPIC FAIL. whether it be a cluster of dead pixels from the getgo or a sudden death one year from purchase. this is what killed my Korean pipe dream. i didn't want a 20lb (9kg for all my metric friends  ;)) paperweight! i wanted a monitor to last quite a few years. ESPECIALLY at this price point. so my choices where pretty much narrowed down to the most affordable name brand monitors i.e. Asus and Dell. both great monitors with pretty much irrelevant differences. so i had to choose which one had the best NON-hardware spec. that seemed to be Dell. they have a 3 year warranty with PAID cross shipping (Koreans don't offer this) with 2 day delivery. in other words, i can keep trading out defective panels till doomsday with ZERO cost. this was the nail in the coffin. i was guaranteed a great panel with worry free warranty. Pricing on both the Asus and the Dell were pretty close so it's pointless to decide over $5. 

it should be delivered in the coming weeks. i will gladly post pictures and results if anyone wants em  :)

if anyone has any questions about monitors i will be more than happy to answer them! 

TL;DR- I bought the Dell cuz its 3yr warranty. korean panels break too easy and Asus warranty is a paaain. 

thanks for reading

-John 

How about adding the Viewsonic VP2770-LED?

Its pretty similar to the Asus or Dell one.

Just an update, I just received a replacement U2713HM from Dell and it's perfect from what I can see. No dead pixels or yellow backlight bleed in the bottom left corner. Still some faint crosshatching but not really noticeable on anything other than a complete white background. The manufacture date is May 2013 (rev A01).

Edit: Spoke too soon, found a dead pixel... sigh... this one is near the centre of the screen.

i fixed it! just got a displayport cable and its good!

Just an update, I just received a replacement U2713HM from Dell and it's perfect from what I can see. No dead pixels or yellow backlight bleed in the bottom left corner. Still some faint crosshatching but not really noticeable on anything other than a complete white background. The manufacture date is May 2013 (rev A01).

Edit: Spoke too soon, found a dead pixel... sigh... this one is near the centre of the screen.

So now your second monitor still has dead pixels and cross hatching?Dells QC is horrible on that monitor..Thank goodness they have a great warranty cause most people need to use it... :)

Ok, well I guess we need to stop buying Dell monitors, as clearly Dell has, like their desktop and laptop computers of late, 0 proudness of their brand, and doesn't give a damn. I guess destroying their little bit of reputation left is worth it to please their greedy investors, in order to show increased quarterly results.

I was willing to except LG screwing up, but clearly it seams that Dell doesn't care to push LG to fix it... or worst.. I wonder if they buy those faulty reject monitor panels like these cheap korean monitor on eBay, and fools us as if they are A+ certified panels.

In any case, for shame Dell. For shame.

I would suggest anyone that doesn't have a perfect Dell monitor, to return it if they can, and not except further exchanges, which is just a tactic to delay you, so that you pass the number of days that you return the monitor and can't return it anymore. As the return policy and laws is on date of purchase, not date received of the last one. (All retailers does this).

Haha :)

We always love hearing your biased opinion GoodBytes.

?!?

I was not sarcastic...

I have seen too many user problems, and for long period of time which suggests that Dell doesn't make good monitor anymore. If it takes Dells see reduction in sales for them to understand, then so be it (but then again, they'll blame it on PC's are dead).

When people have a better experience with 300$ cheap korean monitor and competing products, then why buy Dell?

I hope for Dell sakes that they'll wake up and fix it asap. But so far, I don't know what to say beside being disappointed.

It used to be that with Dell very rare people had monitor issues... now it's continuous.

So now your second monitor still has dead pixels and cross hatching?Dells QC is horrible on that monitor..Thank goodness they have a great warranty cause most people need to use it... :)

Yup, I have 2 bad monitors sitting here now. Spent over an hour on the phone with them while getting transferred 4 times to get to the right person. They're sending me another replacement. If this one has problems too I'm returning it like I had originally planned. I mentioned earlier that I didn't want to go through this warranty exchange process to get the perfect monitor but decided to give it a shot anyways. Big mistake.

Are people also having a bad experience with asus monitors? namely the PB278Q.

Are people also having a bad experience with asus monitors? namely the PB278Q.

The Asus doesn't have crosshatching issues. It also has uneven backlighting but not as bad as the yellow spot on the Dell. Dead pixels will happen no matter which brand it is unfortunately.

The Asus doesn't have crosshatching issues. It also has uneven backlighting but not as bad as the yellow spot on the Dell. Dead pixels will happen no matter which brand it is unfortunately.

I'm guessing it all comes down to luck depending on each panel.

I'm guessing it all comes down to luck depending on each panel.

All monitors especially IPS/PLS panels have some sort of issue..The Dell seems to have Crosshatching,yellow light bleed in bottom left corner,Dead pixels and in the first revision monitor buzzing..The Asus PB278Q has dead pixels but uneven back lighting and uses a PWM backlight which could affect some users.The Qnix have dead pixels,BLB and some of them have panel play.And the Viewsonic VP2770 is know to have alot of dead pixels also...It really is a monitor lottery with them all no matter what you pay..  

All monitors especially IPS/PLS panels have some sort of issue..The Dell seems to have Crosshatching,yellow light bleed in bottom left corner,Dead pixels and in the first revision monitor buzzing..The Asus PB278Q has dead pixels but uneven back lighting and uses a PWM backlight which could affect some users.The Qnix have dead pixels,BLB and some of them have panel play.And the Viewsonic VP2770 is know to have alot of dead pixels also...It really is a monitor lottery with them all no matter what you pay..  

Good thing about the asus, dell and viewsonic you can re enter the lottery by using the good ol' warranty :P

Good thing about the asus, dell and viewsonic you can re enter the lottery by using the good ol' warranty :P

Very true..Although i have heard Viewsonic is hard to deal with..Dell for sure has the best warranty but the worst QC IMO..