U2713HM MADNESS!

after weeks of tiring debating and contemplating, i have finally purchased my monitor. 

****BIG SHOUT OUT TO GoodBytes and OneGun!!!!! HUGE HELP!****  these guys really helped me learn about the monitor world. 

anyways i was looking at the Asus PB278Q v. QNIX QX2710 (korean monitor) v. Dell U2713HM

i went with the Dell for 3 reasons.

1. Name brand- this is kinda a big deal. "QNIX" is infact a name of a brand but its just a label to make the korean panels....well....seem more appealing. With Dell you have the security of knowing that a team of Dell engineers sat down and planned the schematics out versus some random korean guy slapping a case on there and calling it gold. 

2. Quality- this hits the "Name brand" point also but it's such a big deal it was a reason in itself. These korean monitors are rejects...that is why they are priced the way they are. whether it's some unnoticeable solder or poor backlighting there is something defective with the monitor. The frame wasn't a quality issue for me but the more i thought about it the more i realized "i have put $XXXX into my computer...why buy a crappy looking product now? why i love the price im worried that this quality issue will bite me in the butt in 1-2 years when this thing would *POTENTIALLY* die.

3. Warranty- this single handily switched me from Team Korea to Team Overpriced-NameBrand. i saw too many forum posts and too many YouTube videos from people who have their Korean panel FAIL...like EPIC FAIL. whether it be a cluster of dead pixels from the getgo or a sudden death one year from purchase. this is what killed my Korean pipe dream. i didn't want a 20lb (9kg for all my metric friends  ;)) paperweight! i wanted a monitor to last quite a few years. ESPECIALLY at this price point. so my choices where pretty much narrowed down to the most affordable name brand monitors i.e. Asus and Dell. both great monitors with pretty much irrelevant differences. so i had to choose which one had the best NON-hardware spec. that seemed to be Dell. they have a 3 year warranty with PAID cross shipping (Koreans don't offer this) with 2 day delivery. in other words, i can keep trading out defective panels till doomsday with ZERO cost. this was the nail in the coffin. i was guaranteed a great panel with worry free warranty. Pricing on both the Asus and the Dell were pretty close so it's pointless to decide over $5. 

it should be delivered in the coming weeks. i will gladly post pictures and results if anyone wants em  :)

if anyone has any questions about monitors i will be more than happy to answer them! 

TL;DR- I bought the Dell cuz its 3yr warranty. korean panels break too easy and Asus warranty is a paaain. 

thanks for reading

-John

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I have a Dell U2713HM and love it. I will have a review of it soon i'm just lazy and not finishing it even though its like 85% done.  :P

U2713HM is easily the best 27" option, I have one and it's fantastic. Don't get cheap Korean crap that will probably fail after a year.

The Qnix lacks:

- factory calibration

- decent built quality

- decent anti-glare coating

- fairly narrow matte bezel

- colour/contrast/etc. adjustment

- multiple inputs

- 4x USB3.0 hub

- adjustable stand (ratation, too)

- decent waranty

These are the things you pay for, not just the panel. A- Korean panels are a joke.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

U2713HM is easily the best 27" option, I have one and it's fantastic. Don't get cheap Korean crap that will probably fail after a year.

The Qnix lacks:

- factory calibration

- decent built quality

- decent anti-glare coating

- matte bezel

- colour/contrast/etc. adjustment

- multiple inputs

- 4x USB3.0 hub

- adjustable stand (ratation, too)

- decent waranty

These are the things you pay for, not just the panel. A- Korean panels are a joke.

I have a Dell U2713HM and love it. I will have a review of it soon i'm just lazy and not finishing it even though its like 85% done.  :P

this is the most expensive thing ive paid for in my build :p i cant wait. the pros list is endless

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Don't mean to burst your guys bubble but I just received my U2713HM today (Build Date: April 2013 - A01), used it for a hour and I'm already regretting it. You guys may have better luck but I've found many things I don't like about the Dell. I'm not going to play the "lottery" and keep doing warranty exchanges for the perfect one because it most likely won't happen. Probably go with my other choice which was the PB278Q. It's more expensive than the $550 I paid for the Dell but whatever.

1) Backlight Bleed - large yellow bright spot in lower left hand corner that's most noticeable with a dark image. Any graphic that's in that spot appears faded and discolored. Unacceptable for a high-end LCD.

2) Crosshatching - diagonal lines appear on bright backgrounds when viewing screen at a slight angle

3) Dead pixel in the lower left corner

4) Input Lag - When playing FPS games, I notice a delay from when you move the mouse and when it actually moves on screen. I have sensitive eyes so maybe this won't bother you.

5) No 1:1 Pixel Mapping - I totally thought a monitor of this price range would have it. The Asus even has it!

I took this in a pitch black room. The pattern on the screen is just moire from my camera, it's not like that in person.

DSC_1035.JPG

Don't mean to burst your guys bubble but I just received my U2713HM today (Build Date: April 2013 - A01), used it for a hour and I'm already regretting it. You guys may have better luck but I've found many things I don't like about the Dell. I'm not going to play the "lottery" and keep doing warranty exchanges for the perfect one because it most likely won't happen. Probably go with my other choice which was the PB278Q. It's more expensive than the $550 I paid for the Dell but whatever.

1) Backlight Bleed - large yellow bright spot in lower left hand corner that's most noticeable with a dark image. Any graphic that's in that spot appears faded and discolored. Unacceptable for a high-end LCD.

2) Crosshatching - diagonal lines appear on bright backgrounds when viewing screen at a slight angle

2) Dead pixel in the lower left corner

3) Input Lag - When playing FPS games, I notice a delay from when you move the mouse and when it actually moves on screen. I have sensitive eyes so maybe this won't bother you.

I took this in a pitch black room.

DSC_1035.JPG

Yeah I have none of those issues. I have a small amount of blue in the lower left corner of my screen about half the size of what you have. If input lag is a problem I believe their is a way to turn off the color processor so the games wouldn't look as sharp, but their would less input lag.

3) Dead pixel in the lower left corner

4) Input Lag - When playing FPS games, I notice a delay from when you move the mouse and when it actually moves on screen. I have sensitive eyes so maybe this won't bother you.

5) No 1:1 Pixel Mapping - I totally thought a monitor of this price range would have it. The Asus even has it!

I took this in a pitch black room.

warranty dude. call dell tomorrow and get that thing replaced.

warranty dude. call dell tomorrow and get that thing replaced.

They will pay both ways and you can keep the monitor you have currently until the new one arrives. 

Like I said, not going to play the warranty game. Plus I don't want the refurbished crap they send you.

Like I said, not going to play the warranty game. Plus I don't want the refurbished crap they send you.

Very unlucky, between me and a friend, we have 4 U2713HM's, none of them with any such issues.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

there's no warranty game :) trust me i checked and double checked and triple checked and also contacted dell directly. you will never be without a monitor. the send new ones or refurbished but you will never notice it if it is. :D you've got nothing to lose!

there's no warranty game :) trust me i checked and double checked and triple checked and also contacted dell directly. you will never be without a monitor. the send new ones or refurbished but you will never notice it if it is. :D you've got nothing to lose!

Yea, I know they cross-ship but the game I was referring to was if I get the replacement and it has the same issues, it starts the cycle all over again. Also, a replacement isn't going to fix the input lag and the lack of 1:1 pixel map feature (which I admit was my fault for not researching).

Yea, I know they cross-ship but the game I was referring to was if I get the replacement and it has the same issues, it starts the cycle all over again. Also, a replacement isn't going to fix the input lag and the lack of 1:1 pixel map feature (which I admit was my fault for not researching).

but there is a high chance you WONT have those issues. and it's free. 

after weeks of tiring debating and contemplating, i have finally purchased my monitor.

****BIG SHOUT OUT TO GoodBytes and OneGun!!!!! HUGE HELP!**** these guys really helped me learn about the monitor world.

anyways i was looking at the Asus PB278Q v. QNIX QX2710 (korean monitor) v. Dell U2713HM

i went with the Dell for 3 reasons.

1. Name brand- this is kinda a big deal. "QNIX" is infact a name of a brand but its just a label to make the korean panels....well....seem more appealing. With Dell you have the security of knowing that a team of Dell engineers sat down and planned the schematics out versus some random korean guy slapping a case on there and calling it gold.

2. Quality- this hits the "Name brand" point also but it's such a big deal it was a reason in itself. These korean monitors are rejects...that is why they are priced the way they are. whether it's some unnoticeable solder or poor backlighting there is something defective with the monitor. The frame wasn't a quality issue for me but the more i thought about it the more i realized "i have put $XXXX into my computer...why buy a crappy looking product now? why i love the price im worried that this quality issue will bite me in the butt in 1-2 years when this thing would *POTENTIALLY* die.

3. Warranty- this single handily switched me from Team Korea to Team Overpriced-NameBrand. i saw too many forum posts and too many YouTube videos from people who have their Korean panel FAIL...like EPIC FAIL. whether it be a cluster of dead pixels from the getgo or a sudden death one year from purchase. this is what killed my Korean pipe dream. i didn't want a 20lb (9kg for all my metric friends ;)) paperweight! i wanted a monitor to last quite a few years. ESPECIALLY at this price point. so my choices where pretty much narrowed down to the most affordable name brand monitors i.e. Asus and Dell. both great monitors with pretty much irrelevant differences. so i had to choose which one had the best NON-hardware spec. that seemed to be Dell. they have a 3 year warranty with PAID cross shipping (Koreans don't offer this) with 2 day delivery. in other words, i can keep trading out defective panels till doomsday with ZERO cost. this was the nail in the coffin. i was guaranteed a great panel with worry free warranty. Pricing on both the Asus and the Dell were pretty close so it's pointless to decide over $5.

it should be delivered in the coming weeks. i will gladly post pictures and results if anyone wants em :)

if anyone has any questions about monitors i will be more than happy to answer them!

TL;DR- I bought the Dell cuz its 3yr warranty. korean panels break too easy and Asus warranty is a paaain.

thanks for reading

-John

You will be very happy in the 1440p world now.. Glad I could help.. :)

You will be very happy in the 1440p world now.. Glad I could help.. :)

Thank you once again! :) i cant wait :D

Thank you once again! :) i cant wait :D

xD congrats

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

xD congrats

thank you :D

I love this monitor. I bought a second one yesterday and it is coming in on Monday.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

I love this monitor. I bought a second one yesterday and it is coming in on Monday.

i think thats when mine gets here :D 

did somebody say...WONDERTWINS???

Hey guys, so I went ahead and called Dell for an exchange only because it's a hassle getting a refund through Paypal. Hopefully this one will be better. The guy told me they'll send me a new revision that fixes the yellow light bleed. ;) The lack of 1:1 pixel mapping and slight input delay I can live with.

Hey guys, so I went ahead and called Dell for an exchange only because it's a hassle getting a refund through Paypal. Hopefully this one will be better. The guy told me they'll send me a new revision that fixes the yellow light bleed. ;) The lack of 1:1 pixel mapping and slight input delay I can live with.

there ya go :D did he specify if you would get a new one or a refurb?

I asked for a new one specifically but we'll have to wait and see what I actually get. ^_^

I asked for a new one specifically but we'll have to wait and see what I actually get. ^_^

FINGERS CROSSED  :lol:

i really like the idea of cross shipping. never had to do it because i have never had it offered...well WD offered it for a defective harddrive but it wouldve have cost me $130 that they would later refund...

has your new one come in?

has your new one come in?

Nope, they said 3-5 business days and they just shipped it yesterday.