Silicon Studios to show off new ‘Mizuchi’ game engine at GDC

Silicon Studios’ beautiful piece of rendering tech, the Mizuchi Engine, that we first saw early last year, is set to be playable for the first time in just under a month, at this year’s Game Developers’ Conference. Along with it however will be the equally impressive post-effects middleware “YEBIS 3,” the predecessor of which was used in the the stunning 2012 Square Enix tech-demo, Agni’s Philosophy, as well as its C# game engine called Paradox.

mizuchi.jpg

For the Mizuchi rendering engine, those visiting the Silicon Studios booth between the 2nd and 6th March, will get a chance to wander around that museum scene were saw previously, on a PC, as well as view a real-time tech demo showed on a PlayStation 4, highlighting the rendering-technology’s multi-platform capabilities.

YEBIS 3′s showcase will come via a PC demo too, as well as some specific gameplay demonstrations with titles from various developers that have made use of the technology. Bandai Namco’s free to play brawler, Rise of Incarnates will make an appearance, alongside motocross racer, MXGP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nk9xPxhTuVY

Finally, the Paradox engine, which uses a unique open source C# system and is capable of mobile and console development, with DirectX 11 support, will be demonstrated in all its glory. One of its biggest features is its ability to scale with the developer and the game they’re making, allowing for heavy customisation and eventually in the future, collaborative real time editing, meaning that the artists and programmers can be working on the same scene simultaneously without interrupting each other’s workflow.

Update : ​Link Fixed 
Source : http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/jon-martindale/silicon-studios-to-show-off-new-mizuchi-game-engine-at-gdc/ 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

umm, that was my link , what am i missing here ?

Edit : Fixed 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Too aggressive depth of field in the example, but that is customizable. A game should never look as though it is viewed through a camera lens. Which is why everyone and their dog hates chromatic abberation, which is equivalent to digital plague.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

umm, that was my link , what am i missing here ?

c697b8a7c953bdaa077888f4089fbc36.png

delete everything after "gdc/" in the link

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Too aggressive depth of field in the example, but that is customizable. A game should never look as though it is viewed through a camera lens. Which is why everyone and their dog hates chromatic abberation, which is equivalent to digital plague.

IKR ?! Damn Dying Light , thank god there's a mod for that on the nexus network

delete everything after "gdc/" in the link

Strange , i never added anything extra , i just copy pasted the link as it was .

post-21562-0-33525800-1423475354_thumb.j

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Strange , i never added anything extra , i just copy pasted the link as it was .

There is a space after the / , delete that and itll work

Unfortunately no game is going to look this good anytime soon, thanks to the consoles chain shackled to the gaming industry's feet.

Depends "if" theres a developer thats willing to make a game exclusive for Pc

Let's agree to disagree

I LIke how they show the optics middleware and how its nicely rendered and all, and then they show the game and it looks like shit.

:)

i think the bigger news is the C# use, i mean that pretty much makes this a very low level engine of you want it to be

Completely agreed. Don't forget about the learning curve. Most studios invested into one software and learning another tool and reworking the whole pipeline for a better engine is not always viable. Even Crytek has been for years but the numbers of games running it is very small compared to UE.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

i think the bigger news is the C# use, i mean that pretty much makes this a very low level engine of you want it to be

Actually, C# is considered a high-level language, not a low-level one. If it was written in C++ it would have better performance and also be cross-platform(OS X and Linux). But the performance difference in this day and age is negligible really...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

^this

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Actually, C# is considered a high-level language, not a low-level one. If it was written in C++ it would have better performance and also be cross-platform(OS X and Linux). But the performance difference in this day and age is negligible really...

oops misread the thingy, oh well yeah your right, but c# is still decent

dat DoF is kinda extreme in a lot of those shots imo. Also just like the Unreal one that was just really popular, It's going to be a long damn time till we get actual games running that look like that and perform well.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

oops misread the thingy, oh well yeah your right, but c# is still decent

Yeah. I would much prefer it if it used a cross-platform language though :/

Wow that camera looked legit real! 

"with DirectX 11 support" what about DX12?

Wow that camera looked legit real! 

"with DirectX 11 support" what about DX12?

DX12 hasnt even been released yet, but they probably will include support sooner or later.

DX12 hasnt even been released yet, but they probably will include support sooner or later.

It's in the latest win 10 beta builds also devs would of had it before release anyway. I didn't know if u can just add new api's to existing game engines or if u had to build a completely new engine.

It's in the latest win 10 beta builds also devs would of had it before release anyway. I didn't know if u can just add new api's to existing game engines or if u had to build a completely new engine.

You write some new code, as a plugin basically to support a rendering API, and then the developer licencing the engine decides which one to use. Thats why you can still use DX9-11 with UE4 even though 9 is very much outdated

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Yeah. I would much prefer it if it used a cross-platform language though :/

everyone would but windows is the largest base, sometimes sacrifices have to be made. we just have to hope for open gl

Can't wait to hear about all of its bugs.

everyone would but windows is the largest base, sometimes sacrifices have to be made. we just have to hope for open gl

Yeah. Right now linux has everything it needs to be a viable gaming platform: A rock-solid kernel, driver support, an (hopefully) awesome graphics api after gdc etc. All it needs is a little "push". And that's where GabeN comes in :D