Which IPS Monitor Under $200 Should I Buy? (Acer H236HL, Dell S2440L, Samsung S24C570H, Or Make A Suggestion!)

CrossBones3129

I need a console gaming monitor. I prefer it to be an IPS and have glossy finish. I hate the matte finish! So which monitor, below $200 should I get?

Just curious why do you hate matte finishes?

It makes the monitors blurry and grainy. I bought an ASUS Vn247H-P, which had a matte finish, and it has horrible picture quality, not to mention after 4 hours it got a dead pixel.

Ok never had a problem like that with my matte screens.

Which do you have and did you make a suggestion? I'd like to hear from you!

Which do you have and did you make a suggestion? I'd like to hear from you!

Well I had a samsung monitor I couldn't find info about on the internet and now I have a Dell U2713HM, but it's a $600 screen. I know the Dell Ultrasharps don't have a harsh anti-glare coating like some of there older models.

Well I had a samsung monitor I couldn't find info about on the internet and now I have a Dell U2713HM, but it's a $600 screen. I know the Dell Ultrasharps don't have a harsh anti-glare coating like some of there older models.

Ya they dont have HDMI though :(

Never understood why, I know the asus pb238q is similar to the dell's and has hdmi. The grainy affect people tend to have with the anti-glare coatings that were harsh usually had the brightness set too high and were really close. I imagine though what ever screen you go for though glossy or matte will be fine just try to get an IPS screen.

Never understood why, I know the asus pb238q is similar to the dell's and has hdmi. The grainy affect people tend to have with the anti-glare coatings that were harsh usually had the brightness set too high and were really close. I imagine though what ever screen you go for though glossy or matte will be fine just try to get an IPS screen.

Ya I turned down the brightness and messed with some settings and it looks ok but still grainy. I like the colors and everything when playing games but websites look weird. I also sit 3-4 feet away from my monitor. 24" is a lot to take in from that close and the graininess is quite evident. I'd like to find an awesome, say, 20-22 in to use. If not though, 23 or 24 in will suffice! Glossy monitors look way better. I'm gonna try to get an IPS panel, that Acer is said to have great colors and it's an IPS. I heard it has some horrible input lag, supposedly 16ms but other people say it's fine. So it's hard to go by, I know every review said this ASUS VN247H-P was good or people said they had dead pixels, which I have. So I guess I've got to do trial and error. I just wish I lived where a lot of good monitors were in stock. It's 45 mins to the nearest Best Buy :(

I don't want decent. I want amazing!

Very nice panel, extensive OSD, no bright-spots or dead pixels. MY only complaint is the stand, the speaker part is permanently attached, and there is no height adjust. 

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Very nice panel, extensive OSD, no bright-spots or dead pixels. MY only complaint is the stand, the speaker part is permanently attached, and there is no height adjust.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm thinking about going with a Dell S2240L, they're only $120!

looking at the Dell it looks great. It has a VA panel while not IPS is close and has height adjustment.

The smaller versions are IPS though ;)

I flip flop too much! I'm gonna buy the Acer tomorrow but I kinda want the Dell lol.

The smaller versions are IPS though ;)

I flip flop too much! I'm gonna buy the Acer tomorrow but I kinda want the Dell lol.

The acer one is an IPS so that is nice and the bezel is tiny.

The acer one is an IPS so that is nice and the bezel is tiny.

Ya I'll be able to give you guys a fll opinion on Tuesday probably