You ever feel like 3 screens isn't enough?

Syntaxvgm

You ever feel like 2/3 screens isn't enough?

Seriously, am I the only one that wants like 6? I never see more than 3 on builds. Or at least 3 1440p ones. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I got one screen and I have no problem-.-

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I have two monitors + my mac in use constantly, and occassionally my iPhone and Note 8 as well. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

6 would be nice, but I get by on 2 monitors quite easily

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Nahh, you need 6 Projectors displaying in Portait mode...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Seriously, am I the only one that wants like 6? I never see more than 3 on builds. Or at least 3 1440p ones. 

I am waiting for 4k panels to come down in price under $500 for ips then I will be going with 6 panels. 

I got one screen and I have no problem-.-

Me too... Why would you ever need more than 3 screens?

I get sick of 2 monitors, I actually have DSR enabled on my second monitor so I can fit more shit on it.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

The most I've ever run was 4 , but I couldn't handle the bezels too distracting for me so it's been back to just one larger screen lol

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Lol i'v never experienced more then one :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

i'm completly tired of only having 1 screen.... 2 would be nice for now but i think i might need 3 in the future

btw, check this AWESOME 6 screen setup (just a bit of a shame it's runing OS X...)

Well, my setup is portrait 1280x1028, landscape 2560x1440 and another portrait 1280x1028 (PLP). I do pretty heavy coding and stuff and honestly I find this hits the sweet spot. I might want another one on the top, but honestly I'd just use it for Facebook... For actual work I'm fine with three screens. For gaming, a single 2560x1440 works well with my graphics card (GTX 680); I don't really need anything more superfluous.

I have seen a wall of monitors and thought... kind of want?

I dunno, those bezels, and also the fact that IPS (and extremely good ones at that) will actually be quite important, what with the extreme viewing angles and also the fact that very minor colour differences will be blatantly apparent between them. Then there's the fact that even at 1080p a wall of six is one and a half 4K displays. Then couple to THAT the idea that unless you go through the effort of curving them and focusing them to a specific point in the room you're going to have uncomfortable parallax issues unless you sit very far away from them; though that could mitigate the resolution issues since you may not even need 1080p displays...

So no. I think a projector's the way to go here xD

i'm completly tired of only having 1 screen.... 2 would be nice for now but i think i might need 3 in the future

btw, check this AWESOME 6 screen setup (just a bit of a shame it's runing OS X...)

The main issue with this is the same as I found when forcing "surround" across two displays (ie, window mode). The bezel is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE. 3 monitors is good, all of the action in the centre is unobstructed, but his has a massive great bezel right in front of his eyeline. That is a massive issue. You want an odd number of rows and columns imo so that the centre is image, and not bezel.

It actually highlights a point I made at the start, though. Notice how his upper-right display is more pink and less blue than the others? Obviously he should calibrate all of them, but it wouldn't have been nearly as obvious if that monitor were viewed separately.

I wanted 6 when I first got into PC gaming, but I realized it was way too expensive, for the monitors and for the PGU horsepower.

Also the bezels suck for watching youtube videos or movies, so I decided to go with a 55" tv instead, and I dont regret that decision :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

-snip-

too bad no one makes bezel less monitors lol , then id be back to multiple monitors :P

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I have two screens and I find them enough, one of them is 4k though ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I thought 1 screen was enough until i added another one...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I want a 40 inch 4k screen, which would be equivalent to 4 20 inch 1080p screens with no bezel.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I thought 1 screen was enough until i added another one...

exactly.

muh specs 

All parts black

I always thought one was enough until I got a second one. Now my second one is malfunctioning and I'd rather buy a new one than RMA it because I can't imagine ever going back to just one, even just for a week.

-snip-

too bad no one makes bezel less monitors lol , then id be back to multiple monitors :P

exactly.

@Syntaxvgm @TheGingerKid @othertomperson 

mention the member quote notifications don't work.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650