Build Plan Thread Recommendations (Please read before posting)

Hello, my name is Jamie and I wanted help picking parts for my new gaming rig my budget is around £1,000 (GBP / UK). This rig is mainly going to be used for gaming (BF1, GTA V and any new games that come out between now and when you reply), watching youtube and browsing the web. I would be using 1 - 2 monitors in this gaming rig running at QHD (1440p). It would be good if you could add a keyboard, mouse and OS (Windows 10 Home) as I don't have then already. I am upgrading from a PS4 because I'm bored of the downgraded graphics and needing to buy a new console when the game dev decide they don't want to make the game for that console anymore.

- £1,000 (GBP)

- Gaming (All the new games)

- Watching Youtube and browsing the web

- 1 to 2 monitors at QHD (1440p)

- Add a KBM (Keyboard and mouse) and OS (Windows 10 Home)

- Jamie Taylor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm planning on building my first PC and just looking for a bit of advise and feedback!

While nothing is set in stone so far these are the components I'm looking at right now

CPU: Intel core 2 duo 8500

CPU cooler: cooler master hyper 212 evo

Motherboard: Asus p5q e

Ram: Kingston hyper x ddr2-800 4*2GB 

Graphics: Asus geforce gtx 660 ti 2GB 

Power supply: corsair enthusiast 550w 

I know there is plenty more to get which is why I'm here! In total this is going to cost around €130 or 140USD! Any feedback on this system and where I should go from here? 

Understand the limits of your pc. But at such low budget, this is good build. Keep in mind, the processor is not hyper threaded. Means programs like photoshop or other app that use multi threading will work very slow. Other things are that the support for most of the components are near end. So support new technologies are available with this processor. It can work as home pc to see photos, videos or store other data files. Also 8GB RAM can give bottle neck somewhere when u try to maximise performance. 4GB is more than enough, i think unless u need to run google chrome. Lol. Jk. But still I recommend Mozilla Firefox. ;) Hi5 to privacy!

Btw, Following is from asus site:

When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended.

One more important thing, get the processor with intel fan and heat sink, then u can save more money but not buying extra cooler. Also you configuration is like need near 300W only max. 550W is not bad choice unless u can  get something near 450W for an economical price.

I guess thats all. All the best.

Intel Core i7 7800X CPU @ 4.5GHz OC with Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme | ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming Motherboard | G.Skill Trident-Z RGB 64GB Quad-Channel DDR4 @ 2400MHz (CL15) RAM | ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti 11GB @ 1740MHz OC GPU | Thermaltake View 31 RGB Case | Samsung NVM.e SSD 120GB and 4x Toshiba 500GB HDD on RAID10 Storage | EVGA SUPERNOVA 750 G2 (80+ Gold) PSU

• 3 weeks later...

Let me know what you think:

case: Corsair 350D/240 Airflow - 118$/121$ -  Israel

Motherboard: Asus prime Z270M - Plus - 189.33$ - Amazon

CPU - I5 7600K - 289.83$ - Amazon

CPU Cooler - Corsair H60 high preformence - 90.78$ - Amazon

RAM - Corsair Vengence LPX 2X4GB DDR4 2400mhz - 71.64$ - Amazon

PSU - Corsair CX750M - 119$ - Amazon

SSD - Intel 600p 128GB - 72.55$ - Amazon

HDD - WD Caviar blue 2TB - 94.08$ 

GPU - ASUS GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC - 513.14$

Case fans - can anyone suggest? 

all the parts include shipment and taxes apart together in one shipment - 1528.61$

I want to play new games with one monitor, 1080p/1440p.

Do you think it's to much?

hey guys, so this is my first time building a machine. I intend to use my new rig to play games like overwatch and minecraft. I also intend to get into developement, like minecraft modding and maybe some game dev in general. I would like to branch out into youtube as well, Im just generally brainstorming at this point, but I would say 6000 USD would be roughly my limit. I want to playing 4k with at least two, maybe three monitors. below is a link to the "rough draft" of my build so far. Im jsut worried that the rig wont be compatable or there will be bottlenecking issues. could someone please tell me what they think?

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z270-Core-i7-Configurator/W/374037

• 2 weeks later...

i need some help with compatibility or potential overkill that may be in my build it is in a google doc. Plz dont be harsh because I am very new to PC building. 

The goal of this build is to be able to game and to do schoolwork, the specs are a little much because i want to not need a new cpu later down the line, ram is up for upgrades. I need a recommendation for a power supply, I used cooler masters website and it recommended a 400 watt.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LSSApFITflWPaVlpI9BfBOLLp2pOQQD9Ma-GPQYjDpc/edit?usp=sharing  

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/18/2017 at 1:16 PM, matt_franks said:

if someone can help make this cost a bit less but still have good quality then please help.

-https://pcpartpicker.com/list/98CpNN

- i prefer to keep the case and fan, other than that, have at it

- i already have a monitor and keyboard

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zXHdwV 

You'll notice a big upgrade in cpu, gpu, and psu. Of course, the price went up slightly, but so did performance, immensely. A really important question, are you overclocking? If not, we can cut the price a good deal, and keep performance very very good. Also, if you aren't afraid of ebay, I can put together a fantastic rig that would run well over 2k usd for about $550 USD, Ok, now the less expensive non cpu overclock...https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mWtPLD The stock cooler with the case fan should be fine, so I removed the custom fan.

Now, Ebay for a monster 12 thread if you can OC (Plenty of tutorials here). I'm going to be building this soon, and I will point out the few drawbacks.

1. Buy a combo Supermicro X8ST3-F (It does not have t be that name brand) LGA 1366 with an X5650 and 24gb of Corsair Dominator
DDR3 1600 for $150 usd + 14.95 shipping (I just did, and there were 2 other sellers with similar specs and prices). I've gotten this cpu to 4.07 with air cooling at work, so upping all 6 cores to 3.5-3.8 or so will be a joke.

2. EVGA G2 850 80Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $109 usd

3. Gigabyte GV-N1070IXOC-8GD $359 usd

4. V7 Elite 2.5" 128GB SATA 6 Gb/s MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) VBS3128GR-3N $26 usd

5. Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM006 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare  $70         usd

6. DIYPC D480-BK-Window Black Dual USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Build-in 5 x White Fans (2 x 120mm Fan x Front, 1 x 120mm Fan x rear, 2 x 120mm Fan x top), Fan Controller

$48.79 USD https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811353093

7. Windows Upgrade License $20 usd

8. Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1 PCI $10

$800 or so total. The down side. PCIe 2.0 x16 slot. SATA II. Only supports 24 gigs of DDR3. The upside. It has 2 PCIe x16 slots, so you should not bottleneck if you oc to 3.2 (2.66 stock might hold you back a little). At 3.8+ you could run 1080 ti's in sli with a minimal drop off as they are full 16 slots, not 16 split into 2. You also have 1 x8 slot, 1 PCIe x4, 3 pci x2 believe. and 8 USB 2.0. Anyway, it is a monster of a rig, even with the 2.0 and SATA 2. It will still boot quick as heck, and get at least 60+fps at 1440p with ultra everything hammered up. If you wanted to save $ you could downgrade the gpu to an 8 gig RX 480 oc'd which would drop the cost to about $650. Regardless, if you build it, you could sell it in a year for at least $1200 usd w/the RX480, probably more.

I cannot wait to put mine together. I'm going with the RX 480 8 gig as it has more vram than the 1060 and I'll either crossfire, swap it for a Vega if it is in the 1070+ spec range but less expensive, or get a 1070 when I have a little more $ to spare. If you pick a lesser card than the 1070, you really can't go wrong with either the 1060 6gig or the RX480 8 gig though, as they trade blows pretty darn evenly.

Good luck, and have fun!

PS Here is a similar setup without the RAM. If you offer $120 he'll probably come back with $140 or so. This seller has 7 left. Look at the size of the fan and heat sink on this gargantuan powerhouse. No problem gaming and streaming with a $170-$235 card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Z8NR-D12-DUAL-LGA1366-SERVER-MOTHERBOARD-INTEL-XEON-X5650-6-CORE-2-66GHz-/361699583007?hash=item5436f9a41f:g:Q2kAAOSw44BYEYE1

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

On 3/6/2017 at 8:26 PM, popdude2 said:

i need some help with compatibility or potential overkill that may be in my build it is in a google doc. Plz dont be harsh because I am very new to PC building. 

The goal of this build is to be able to game and to do schoolwork, the specs are a little much because i want to not need a new cpu later down the line, ram is up for upgrades. I need a recommendation for a power supply, I used cooler masters website and it recommended a 400 watt.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LSSApFITflWPaVlpI9BfBOLLp2pOQQD9Ma-GPQYjDpc/edit?usp=sharing  

Well, first you need DDR4 RAM (Which is faster, so that is good!)

Next, you need a much better Power Supply. I always say that, but with that proc and graphics card you want more hootspa. You may also want an optical drive (blu-ray/dvdrw). Call me old fashioned but I always throw one in my builds unless they are tiny. Heh, no idea when the last time I used it was, but darnit, it's there.

Regarding the processor, are you planning on overclocking it? If not drop to the straight i7 7700 or i7 6700 to save yourself a 50+ bucks. Better yet, if you aren't OC'ing, drop to the i7 6700 and use the extra money for this http://pcpartpicker.com/product/49YWGX/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-8gb-duke-oc-video-card-gtx-1080-duke-8g-oc instead of the 1070. It's the least expensive oc'd I can find. Gigabyte had some nice ones, but $50 more for 5ghz higher isn't worth it, even if the red matched the build perfect. This card still looks sweet.

Anyway, DDR 4 RAM https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-3000MHz-Desktop-Memory/dp/B0134EW7G8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491401148&sr=1-2&keywords=16gb+ddr4 $119 free shipping

PSU https://pcpartpicker.com/product/D3Z2FT/deepcool-power-supply-dq750st

Pretty slick case btw. Anyway, this should keep you good besides RAM for 4-5 years at least.

Made a separate topic, but seeing how I get no feedback on my planned upgrade, I'll repost it here. I hope that's okay.

I had a 550Ti Phenom II X4 840 build. Then i upgraded to 970. Now it's time for a CPU upgrade. 

I'm looking for any feedback on what I have planned, any issues I may encounter, tips, and so on. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake

I plan on running it at stock speed for now. I chose the K version mainly due to its higher base clock speed. 

I heard it has some heat issues, due to a bad thermal paste under the lid, but I'd rather not delid it and loose warranty.

At stock, no OC, will it be a problem when I cool it with... 

CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7

From what I can see, it's a good bang for my buck. And I'd rather keep the budget possibly small. 

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P

I have a sentiment for Gigabyte, ever since it's dual-BIOS saved my skin. My BIOS got corrupted, but fixing it was as simple as waiting a bit for my mobo to do it for me. 

Unfortunately I can't reuse my current one, AM3+ socket and all that. 

RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 

An upgrade from 2x4 DDR3 I currently have. I could buy another 2x4 and run 16 in quad channel, but this 2x8 setup allows me to upgrade to 32 in the future. Also, DDR4 for futureproofing sake. Unless DDR5 comes out soon. 

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550W ATX

Gold, because one thing I'm not going to cheap out on is PSU. Not since my Chieftec GPS-500A can sometimes spark and I'm living in a constant fear for my rig.

I'm only wondering, if 550W will be enough, if I were to upgrade to something like 1080 in the future. EVGA PSU calculator says that I would be good even with 1080Ti, but... 

What will be reused:

GTX 970 of course. Besides that, my SSD and both HDDs. And a case. 

Right, the case. 

Revoltec Sixty4. It's a mid tower. It's already cramped inside, but... Will everything fit now, and provide still decent air circulation? Especially with that Cryorig being on the large side? 

Usage:

Mainly gaming, but also some very light video editing, light programming, and working in Unreal Engine. But since I can already do that on my Phenom, I don't think 7700K will make any problems. 

Budget and location
Around 3000 PLN (~750 USD), Poland. Basically, if you thin some part should be swapped for another, do try to stay within the same price range. I can go 3300, or even 3500 PLN if need be (the upgrade I presented above is 3300 in fact), but try not to get into 4000s.

Thanks!

Everything looks pretty solid. I changed the fan for a few more revs and added a case fan since I assume you are buying the 7700K to overclock it? If not you could save quite a bit of $ (50 usd) going with the 7700. I also changed the mobo (almost the same, a tad cheaper at $111usd).

Anyway, PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/D3Z2FT/deepcool-power-supply-dq750st This will allow you to handle any extra draw, another graphics card if you want (either sli or some kind of monster in the future, plus less draw on a higher watt gold+ means the psu should last quite awhile).

cpu cooler: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/hyQRsY/be-quiet-pure-rock-slim-351-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk008 It's also a tad less expensive.

case cooler: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/Y37wrH/nzxt-case-fan-rffz14002 This will obviously help with airflow in a semi cramped mid tower (still plenty of room in there though)

mobo: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/8q38TW/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170xpsli Make sure to check the specs to make sure it has everything you may want to upgrade to in the future.

This puts you at $667usd, which if you are willing to go up tp the $750 usd you could double your ram, or buy another 970 used to sli. If you go to your 3300 pln ($827 usd) then you could double your ram and buy another used 970; or sell the 970 for roughly $100 usd, and pick up a gtx 1070.

Hope all this nonsense helped. Remember, never skimp on the PSU!

I want to upgrade my cpu to ryzen.
I think I will go with ryzen 5 1600 non x. I am thinking about OC so I need advice on motherboard and ram. Dunno which one to choose. I prefer ASUS, MSI, EVGA or GIGABYTE. 
Current rig: Intel i5 3470 + Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v + Hyper evo 212. There is free bracked for AM4 available
EVGA 1070 FTW
mixed ddr3 4*4 ram
Corsair RMx 750w psu 
1ssd + 2 hdd

1 hour ago, badluck said:

I want to upgrade my cpu to ryzen.
I think I will go with ryzen 5 1600 non x. I am thinking about OC so I need advice on motherboard and ram. Dunno which one to choose. I prefer ASUS, MSI, EVGA or GIGABYTE. 
Current rig: Intel i5 3470 + Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v + Hyper evo 212. There is free bracked for AM4 available
EVGA 1070 FTW
mixed ddr3 4*4 ram
Corsair RMx 750w psu 
1ssd + 2 hdd

If you want the best in OC'ing you want a 370. Unfortunately, they are the most expensive. Just from specs, and videos, as I have never used these boards, the Asus PRIME X370-PRO gives quite a few options and is the least expensive among the brands you listed at $158.99 usd, and the Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 for $209.98 usd seems like a can't go wrong mid priced 370 with all the bells and whistles of the $50-$80 usd more expensive models.

For RAM you want to go with something that uses a Samsung di for optimal RAM speeds. Obviously Prime, Tridents etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had an InWin 901 case for a while now waiting for something interesting to do with it. The stupid idea I've come up with is to try to overclock (gently!) a Ryzen 1700X in it.

Given that the case rather sacrifices airflow for looks, and is mini-ITX to boot, this is a bit tricky, particularly as the proposed motherboard doesn't exist yet - but Biostar report the B350GTN will be available in early May...

This is where I'm up to so far:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/yxNvkT

Any advice gratefully received, even "don't be an idiot". My usage is a bit of gaming, some relatively heavy data-driven work - but it's as much an experiment as anything else. I know it's not the most efficient use of the hardware I'm proposing to use!

Particular things I'm not sure about:
(1) CPU cooler choice. I've looked at AIO watercooling with e.g. the Corsair H60, but am leaning back towards an air-cooler like the Alpenfohn Atlas (listed) - does anyone have views on other options, like the Noctua NH D9L or the be quiet! Pure Rock Slim?

(2) Fans. The case means that the CPU blower would be directing hot air towards a 92mm fan exhausting air out the back; there's also the option of fitting a further 120mm fan outside the MB compartment (weirdness of the case). Does anyone know if there would be problems doing that - do you get turbulence, or anything? The InWin-recommended airflow is summarised in this linked image.

(3) Fan choice. Can anyone recommend quiet / effective 120 and 92mm fans?

(4) RAM choice. Any tips, particularly given the issues with Ryzen?

1. Budget & Location

$1200 USD

2. Aim

I need this for school and professional use. i use 3d programs such as 3ds max and zbrush, i use photoshop, clipstudio paint, after effects, adobe premier. i would also like to stream my art work on picarto or twitch. and maybe some light game play xD

3. Monitors

2 just a normal monitor and my cintiq companion 2

4. Peripherals

i need a monitor, nothing to fancy(i prefer 1080p though) and windows 10

5. Why are you upgrading?

my current laptop cant handle the 3d work i need to do for school. i would use my cintiq but the scream is only 13 inches.

On 01/27/2013 at 2:16 AM, Windspeed36 said:
Spoiler

I figured I'd make this thread to make life easier for people to give advice and feedback on your proposed system. If you add these simple answer it means we don't have to ask you all this before we can give you answers :)

1. Budget & Location

You may have listed a heap of parts that all add up to your preferred budget but it is easier if you just list the total amount you'd like to spend and the currency as well as if you'd consider going above that budget for more performance. We need the location as well because $US are different to $AUD and $CAD ect.

2. Aim

What is the system going to be used for? Web browsing, 3D work? Different systems need different levels of performance - a computer based for web browsing and office use won't handle heavy graphic design and video editing and a proper video editing system isn't good for gaming. If your aim is for gaming, please list what sort of gaming. In the same way that different usage types need different systems, you'll need a lot more power to run Far Cry 3 or Crysis 2 than you would Minecraft.

3. Monitors

How many monitors do you plan on running? Do you plan on moving to more monitors in the future? What resolution are they at too?

4. Peripherals

Do you also need to purchase peripherals such as keyboards and mice as well as monitors ect. Also please tell us if you'll need an OS such as Windows.

We ask this because you may see upgrading as the only path to solve an issue but things such as driver updates, reconfiguration or cleaning can boost performance without spending a cent.

Please copy and paste the major dot points into your thread as it makes it easier for us to give you better feedback.

Have fun and keep building :)

1.) Budget $600-$1500

However I'm considering just slowly buying all the parts over time. I had a few friends do that. I live in Northern, Alabama in the states.

2.) The primary aim initially would be gaming, however I'm an IT major and would probably use this as my main driver. Probably dual boot ubuntu and win. Maybe just ubuntu first to save some money.

3.) I would only need one. I wouldn't be all that broken up using my visio tv at first. I don't plan on expanding. Though I might run more than one desktop environment and maybe even virtual machines for some games or software.

4.) I have a wireless mouse, but lack a wireless keyboard. I would be interested in finding one that's good for on the couch or at a desk. I'm not picky on anything here but perhaps battery. I already had some in mind. This isn't that important, though I'm interested in what you might suggest.

5.) I don't have a desktop. I have a shit g72 hp notebook useful input for select indie and old school gog gaming. Lol.

On 01/27/2013 at 2:16 AM, Windspeed36 said:

-----

Additional info I've been working on.

Spoiler

A reasonable budget build: (that will run most games at minimum 1080p and 60fps or maybe even 2k down the road for max or even 4k. Though generally shooting for 1080 marker right now. This is all hypothetical on three pricing and here is mainly where I'm looking for advice on.

CPU: min- i3 4k ($70-$272/i3 7kT ($100- $170ish| max- intel core i5 4k-7k ($120+ - ($177-$239+ /ryzen 1500x ($170-$289+

MBoard: $115+

Memory: 8-16gb. Not too picky. That's like $80-$160+ I think

Storage: ssd preferred but hdd with the optane add-on is okay if I can figure it out.
Or a combo. $75+ for ssd for like 240gb and 1 tb hdd is like $50.

GPU: min- Gtx 1050($80-$190) or radeon rx 560($90-$140) max- gtx 1070 ($200-$449) or r9 fury series ($232-$339)

Case: ? Mid tower I think. $65+

PSU: (need 350-1000W) see guide for pins needed) antec high current pro or min-$99 max-$269 (alt cooler master v-series or masterwatt) there's a lot of wiggle room here. But best to invest a good amount here. See LTT forums for a guide. $80+

Cooling: cpu: Air $24 fanless:$70 gpu: ?

OS: dual boot ubuntu/win10 or just ubuntu if I need to shave a $100.

Possible total: $600+/- to $1368 +/-

On 6/13/2013 at 8:41 PM, SevantynauG said:

--------------------------- Building A Gaming Computer -------------------------------

So guys, I was told to build a gaming computer by my boss last week. I only have some knowledge about computer parts. So yea, My aim is to be able to play Crysis 3 in high setting with three monitor set up and high fps ( around 35 or more ) with a budget around US$2700.

CPU
Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz

$249.99

CPU Cooler
Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid

$99.99

Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming LGA 1150

$189.99

Memory
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

$68.99

Storage
Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD

$129.99

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

$84.98

Video Card
MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB

$399.99

MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB

$399.99

Case
Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower

$79.99

Case Fan
Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm

$6.49

Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm

$6.49

Power Supply
Corsair 850W ATX12V / EPS12V

$152.47

Optical Drive
LG BH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

$79.99

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

$89.98

Monitor
Asus VS247H-P 23.6"

$155.58

Asus VS247H-P 23.6"

$155.58

Asus VS247H-P 23.6"

$155.58

Keyboard
Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4

$49.99

Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Wired Optical

$39.99

Custom
SteelSeries QcK Heavy Gaming Mouse Pad

$24.99

Creative Aurvana Live Headphones

$75.72

Total: $2688.75

Therefore, I came up with these specs by taking the recommendation from people without knowing why I choose those parts. Thus, I hope you guys can tell more in detail about those part that I have chosen for the gaming computer as I will have to write a report on those part that I have chosen. I hope you guys can help me with this.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D3Ff4C
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D3Ff4C/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor  ($377.88 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 140.2 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.95 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($173.29 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Predator 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($334.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($137.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Seagate FireCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($78.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate FireCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($78.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G Video Card  ($529.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Titanium) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.85 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: LG 27UD58-B 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2401.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-03 07:46 EDT-0400

Well you can get something like that

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

• 2 weeks later...

1: Budget 

1200$ US, not including peripherals.

I can go a little over if really needed.

2: Aim

to get a gaming PC not too flashy mostly as a reference last console games. the newest game I want to play is near automata,

and I want to start learning to draw on a computer and web browsing.

3: Monitors 

I only want 1 bot ill like to get a 2nd on the future.

4: peripherals 

I need dem bot don't want to spent too much, bot if dear are some recommendations with reasons to spend more I can squish more. and I net windows, illustrator, and photoshop.

5: why am I upgrading:

I want to start playing more games that are not able on consoles and do more stuff.    

I trait piquing some part bot don't know If they can do wat y want its mi first time doing this:

CPU: AMD - Athlon II X4 640 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU cooler: be quiet! - Shadow Rock 2 51.4 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI - 970A SLI Krait Edition ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Memory: Kingston - HyperX FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

Storage: Kingston - HyperX Fury 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics cart:EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card

Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox 5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

So I'm actually looking for two computers and need a little help first to decide what it is I want because I'm a bit fickle. First off, the current computer I have now is a huge 17" HP Pavilion that isn't exactly the easiest to bring around campus at school or the best gaming rig. I would like if I can to be able to pack up my computer to bring around with me in my backpack to do some programming or do schoolwork. I would also like to upgrade to an actual gaming set up because this computer is getting kind of old and is no longer supported by driver updates and such. After talking to my hardware friends, I've sort of settled on getting a simple coding laptop and a gaming desktop but I'm not quite sure what I need as far as hardware. So without further ado, here are my two specs:

Gaming desktop

1. Budget & Location

I don't need a top of the line rig. I just want it to be fairly decent on modern games, perform well on future games for a while, and have a good power to cost ratio. The desktop and the laptop combined should be about $1000 USD but the desktop itself I'd budget at around $800 USD. I expect that might change but it seems a good place to start out with. Location is in western North Carolina, US.

2. Aim

At the moment, I play low end games I can find for cheap like Runescape, Minecraft, or even Skyrim. I want to be able to continue to play these as well as other more mid range to high end games like Batman Arkham Knight and Arkham Origins, as well as more modern MMOs like Elder Scrolls online, or Neverwinter. I also want to be able to do some 3D modeling and try 3D game design using Blender and presumably Java. I will probably need Windows 10 for gaming, but it would be awesome if I could also have Linux on another boot drive to pair well with my laptop for coding.

3. Monitors

I think I should only need one monitor, but I might upgrade to two later on. As far as resolution goes, I've been used to 1080p and see no reason to really move up to 1440.

4. Peripherals

I already have a Razer Naga epic chroma for my mouse because I like the macro keys, the feel and the semiwireless feature. However, I will have to buy all other peripherals including monitors. I'm not too picky on sound quality or input sensitivity or any of that however, but I would like, if at all possible, for the keyboard to have a wireless feature too without feeling too cheaply made. This may have to be a future purchase but advice is appreciated.

See my preamble. Basically I want to build my first gaming desktop, and have separate portability for coding (laptop).

Coding Laptop

1. Budget & Location

I want to be able to have some basic functionality without having to break the bank. Most of the things I will do, aside from coding and some application based work will be on the desktop. I don't think I'll need to spend more than $200 on the laptop alone. Location is in western North Carolina, US.

2. Aim

Because basically all my heavy duty work will be on the desktop, the laptop will only be used for coding and schoolwork. It shouldn't have to do anything more complicated than Word, Excel, Powerpoint or the occasional windows only application. 3D game design will likely be done on the desktop. I want it to be as reliable as possible, have excellent boot times and responsiveness, and pose as few troubleshooting issues as it can. It should be able to be carried around everywhere in my backpack, with perhaps the assistance of a protective sleeve, and be easy to start up and close down. Even though it would have to be smaller than my current 17". I don't want it to be too small to type on because I have big hands and I want to be able to type on it for hours. Battery life is important too. My first laptop basically killed itself with overheating, and my current laptop is too clunky to bring around. I would want to avoid these problems with this one.

3. Monitors

N/A

4. Peripherals

Features I would want would include an HDMI port, built in Bluetooth, good internet hardware, probably at last 2 USB ports (can't take those for granted anymore), but no optical drive. I would also like to dual boot Linux for coding, and windows for certain windows only based applications I might need.

See my preamble. I want to be able to bring this anywhere without having to worry about if it'll work or having to set up a huge work station with a cooling pad, power cord etc.

I'm more of a software guy than a hardware guy so sorry in advance if this seems a bit all over the place as far as what I'm looking for. I get that a lot. If anyone just has pointers about how best to approach this, that's welcome too.

• 2 weeks later...

1.Budget and Location.

Australia budget $600-$900. buying from pccasegearcom

2.Aim

Gaming, csgo, payday 2, etc

3. Peripherals

have mointor, keyboard, mouse and a case.

4.why are you upgrading?

ps4 died and want to make a change

• 2 weeks later...

1. Budget & Location

~1600, $US

2. Aim (In order of importance)

a) Various music related programs (Mostly ableton)

b) 4K Gaming + VR

c) Photo/video editing

3. Monitors

Currently I have (2) 1080p/60hz monitors, but I plan to upgrade to a single 4K widescreen later this year.

4. Peripherals

No peripherals needed, but I will need windows 10

Current build is showing its age, I want to future proof where I can for this new build. Speed is what I am mainly aiming for, I want everything to be seamless and snappy for as long as possible.

6. Other things important (ish) to me

a) Smallest form factor possible without sacrificing performance

b) Doesn't have to be a silent set up, but a decently quiet one would be nice

c) RGB!  (if budget allows..)

On ‎06‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 6:46 PM, leucy said:

1. Budget & Location

~1600, $US

a) Various music related programs (Mostly ableton)

b) 4K Gaming + VR

c) Photo/video editing

3. Monitors

Currently I have (2) 1080p/60hz monitors, but I plan to upgrade to a single 4K widescreen later this year.

4. Peripherals

No peripherals needed, but I will need windows 10

Current build is showing its age, I want to future proof where I can for this new build. Speed is what I am mainly aiming for, I want everything to be seamless and snappy for as long as possible.

a) Smallest form factor possible without sacrificing performance

b) Doesn't have to be a silent set up, but a decently quiet one would be nice

c) RGB!  (if budget allows..)

Check this Beauty out ;) (Nice case with small enough size to fit on your desk comfortably, RGB fans, RGB Ram and the Ryzen 7 has a stock RGB cpu cooler). The White Color should reflect each and every colour beautifully, so the effect is more pronounced.

The power here is also awesome. Every component has a high Quality. 8 core cpu, GTX 1080 for 4k gaming and vr, and ofc Windows :P Have fun Building Buddy. :)

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($299.44 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($116.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($138.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($107.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.44 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW DT GAMING Video Card  ($479.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair - 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit  ($104.88 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Corsair - HD120 RGB 3-Pack w/Controller 54.4 CFM  120mm Fans  ($74.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1615.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-09 10:22 EDT-0400

1. Budget & Location

1000, $US

a) Gaming

b) Programming( will be entering university next year and need it to last a good while)

3. Monitors

Already have a 1080p 60Hz ips budget monitor (any suggestions for future upgrades are welcome)

4. Peripherals

Won't need Win10, keyboard, mouse or case(Corsair 200r) but will need:

headset(thinking about arctic 3, surround is nice for me)

2 or 3 fans,( dont have any)

Current build is going to be sold for a good price here in Brazil and i have a friend who will bring everything to me from USA

a) I really don't enjoy Red, if it is possible to go more neutral like black and white I prefer.

b) I dont bother sacrificing performance for silence, the quieter the better

1. Budget & Location
USA, budget is about $500 - below, i don't care where the parts are from
2. Aim

Gaming

3. Monitors
don't need monitor already have one.

4. Peripherals
need an OS (microsoft) already have keyboard and mouse

never had a pc and would like one to play games with friends

6. Other info.