Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Windspeed36

Build Plan Thread Recommendations (Please read before posting)

1. Budget & Location
$1200 give or take in California, USA. That's the plan, but if need be we might be able to increase it. 

2. Aim
4K video editing. I have no clue about how deep video editing can get. Not sure if there's X 4k editing and Y 4K editing that requires vastly different hardware. But the aim is going on premiere pro/After Effects and being able to edit 4K footage. 

3. Monitors
Probably 2. Not sure if he needs a 4K monitor to edit 4K footage (I literally know nothing about film, so sorry if that was a stupid question). He always tells me how he wants 2, but his current Dell POS can't even handle that. 

4. Peripherals
Prob just windows 8. 

5. Why are you upgrading?
Current PC can't handle 4K, and he wants to be able to do so with a new one. Thanks! 

Hi guys!

I haven't build a pc before.

Can any one give step by step instruction to build a pc.(i7 overclock)

or atleast direct me to the thread where it is

Thank you

Hi guys!

I haven't build a pc before.

Can any one give step by step instruction to build a pc.(i7 overclock)

or atleast direct me to the thread where it is

Thank you

Why bother finding the right thread or asking here? You won't be able to do a good job unless you spend some time studying it.

http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-build-a-computer-from-scratch-the-complete-guide

http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/started.php

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-build-your-own-computer/

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-your-own-pc,2601.html

Youtube and http://pcpartpicker.com also helps.

Explain what you need your computer for. Tell us what's your budget.

Then you'll get some ideas for the parts you should buy. Buy them.

Then try to build it. Ask questions if needed. Experience is the best teacher.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Why bother finding the right thread or asking here? You won't be able to do a good job unless you spend some time studying it.

http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-build-a-computer-from-scratch-the-complete-guide

http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/started.php

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-build-your-own-computer/

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-your-own-pc,2601.html

Youtube and http://pcpartpicker.com also helps.

Explain what you need your computer for. Tell us what's your budget.

Then you'll get some ideas for the parts you should buy. Buy them.

Then try to build it. Ask questions if needed. Experience is the best teacher.

Thank you bro. 

Hey,

Budget and Location) I'm located in the good old US of A and my estimated price for this build will be approximately $5000 USD.

Aim) I plan to game at 1440p, render and edit videos consistently, stream, and maybe get into some 3D animation for good measure.

Monitors) As mentioned previously, I plan to game on a monitor/panel at 1440p. The monitors I am currently looking at purchasing are the LG 34UM95 or the ASUS RoG PG278Q Swift. Still not sure if I should go IPS or TN for the panel, but right now I'm leaning in the favor of the IPS offering.

Peripherals) I will be needing to purchase a new keyboard, and I've had my eyes set on the Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown. I will also be purchasing a new mouse and mouse-pad to replace my Razer DeathAdder just for the sake of variety and trying something new. I am open to suggestions here.

Why am I upgrading?) I want to have hardware that is capable of gaming at higher resolutions along with the ability to handle heavier "workstation-ish" type work loads. I hope to also implement my very first custom water cooling loop into this build to have my build look aesthetically pleasing as well as be able to be a fairly competent overclocking build. And honestly, I enjoyed my last PC build so much I think I'm ready for another one. :)

1. budget is around 600 euro, I can spend 50 euro more if it's really necessary.

2. Mostly games (and some schoolwork but nothing too heavy), the games I planning to play are Rome Total war 2, Bioshock Infinite, BF4, Farcry,... mostly FPS and strategy games.

3. 1 monitor, nothing too fancy.

4. I have a keyboard ,a mouse and a screen.

5. I had a PC for 6 years and it's old, to old to play any new games, that's why I saved for this new one.

Sorry dude, there will be no biased opinions on these rigs. We should always push to what's best for the money regardless of brand fanboyism.

I am now sold on this fourm :)

Hello everybody, planing to build PC(gaming, blender, unity3d, photoshop), i will appreciate your thoughts, suggestions

Dell U2414H

Fractal Design ARC Mini R2

Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5

Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 (no plans for SLI)

Intel Core i7-4790k

Fractal Design Kelvin S24 Watel Cooling Unit

Ocz Vector 100 240GB SDD

WD Black 3.5" 1TB

Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL8 1.5V

Fractal Design Edison M 550W(CM V550S)

~near future upgrades:

Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL8 1.5V, SSD M.2 PCIE

location eu

P.S sorry for my bad english

1.Budget & Location

Im located in Yuma,AZ(well actually im in mexico Los algodones, its a little town right across the border) , preatty hot weather here. BUDGET IS FROM $1200 TO $1400 (not including peripherals)

2. Aim

Im a graphic designer so i use a lot of adobe programs(photoshop, ilustrator, indesign,) and also programs as cinema 4d, corel draw, dreamwaver and a bit of editing

I want a build thats good for my job but can also be use has a gaming desktop, 

3. Monitors
Right now i have 2 asus designo seris mx 290, im happy with that setup but i'm open to subjections.

4. Peripherals
Already have a good keyboard and mouse but i with really like some good recommendations for a good wireless mouse

ALSO IM LOOKING TO BUY SOME NEW SPEAKERS(MONITOR SPEAKERS) AND A GOOD SUBWOOFER (right now i have a harman kardon sound sticks, really great desktop speakers, but looking something with a bigger sound & good looking)

sorry for my grammar, english is not my first language

Hi Everyone,

( English is not my first language sorry for any possible grammar/spelling mistakes)

So I want to buy a pc I already pick most of the components but I will need suggestion along the way

Budget:£2000(I live in UK)

Shop from where i will buy: Overclockers.co.uk

What I already have:-

Monitor:-BenQ XL2720Z 27" TRUE 144Hz 3D Vision 2.0 Widescreen LED Monitor

Mice - Razer
Headphones:-Sennheiser hd650 and Sennheiser hd8 dj
Amp:-Graham Slee Solo 

What I will use my rig for: games,movies,music,web browsing(a lot of open tabs),office and just to move fast overall whenever i open the pc or an application i really want everything to be fast

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz (Devil's Canyon) Socket LGA1150 

Asus Maximus VII Formula Intel Z97 (Socket 1150)

Corsair RM Series RM 1000 '80+ Gold' 1000W Power Supply 

Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB 10000RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB ---I will upgrade to a ssd in the future for now just storage

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full Tower Case

Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 Mechanical Keyboard

NZXT KRAKEN X61 AIO Water Cooling Unit

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 FTW ACX 2.0 4096MB GDDR5

AND MY BIGGEST PROBLEM RAM????AM NOT SURE WHAT I NEED:- DDR3 Quad-Channel - PC3-14400+

-DDR3 Dual-Channel - PC3-14400+

-DDR3 Dual-Channel - PC3-12800

- DDR3 Dual-Channel - PC3-10666

To many choices and not sure what is exactly compatible with my mobo

Hello guys,ive been following both linus forum and youtube for a long time and i even made my pc thnx to you guys but i just post now coz i need some help :P

A friend wants to build a 500 Euros Tower and since there are people here that know a LOT more things than me,ill leave it here for suggestions

No Need for peripherals,he is going to be using 1 monitor (60HZ) which he Already Has..

I already have some parts in my mind,but im open to see what people think about building when they think of a 500 euros gaming PC.go for ill be checking again every few hours ^^

thnx in advance!

Quick question , would it be wise to go with DDR3 memory right now instead of shooting for a DDR4 build ?  also couldn't you just get DDR3-2400 Ram and it would be similar if not the same performance in raw power compared to DDR4-2400 Ram?

Hi All,

I'm thinking about building a new mITX PC for gaming (no overclock). My goal is 720p utra-high setting @ 60fps

Case: Cooler Master elite 110

CPU: i5-4460

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85N Phoenix

RAM: 8GB (1600)

HDD: Samsung F3 320GB (adding an msata SSD later down the road)

My main concern is the GPU! I have a 400W power supply from my old rig (see below)

spec-1.jpg

What is the best GPU that my PSU can handle? Given the fact that I have also limited space in the case (GPU up to 210mm or 8.2 inches in length are supported) I come up with the following:

GTX 750 Ti (Maxwell); MSI GTX760 ITX; MSI R9 270X ITX ; Supphire R9 285 ITX (other suggestions are well received). I also want to play upcoming games like Witcher 3 at 720p Ultra-High settings @ 60fps

My budget for the GPU is in the 200-250$ range.

Please share your comment.

Thank you in advance!

Hello guys , so im building a new PC and i just wanted to see if its all compatible so ye 

CPU: i7-4790K 4.0Ghz 4.4Ghz turbo

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler

Motherboard: Asus Z97-a

Memory: HyperX FURY Black Series 16GB 1866MHz DDR3

Storage: samsung 840 evo series ssd 250gb sata3 desktop kit

Storage:WD Internal Hard Black 3TB 7200RPM  64MB Cache

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB G1 

Case:NZXT H440 Mid-Tower

Power supply: HXi Series HX750i High-Performance ATX Power Supply — 750 Watt 80 Plus® Platinum Certified PSU

So if you have any suggestions or parts that can be replaced  PLEASE tell me

and im not sure about the power supply so if you can help me out there 

and also im confused if i should get the mother board listed above or the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 

thank you...

Aim

What is the system going to be used for? Web browsing, 3D work? Different systems need different levels of performance - a computer based for web browsing and office use won't handle heavy graphic design and video editing and a proper video editing system isn't good for gaming. If your aim is for gaming, please list what sort of gaming. In the same way that different usage types need different systems, you'll need a lot more power to run Far Cry 3 or Crysis 2 than you would Minecraft.

This part almost always makes me think twice before asking about ideas for a build because most builds I get suggested seem to limit me to what I want it to do at the time, but I know for a fact I'll be wanting to do other things but when that time comes I'm bumping my head against the pre-set performance limit. Can we work out something like performance brackets with examples of what can be done in them or always factor in easy and cost effective upgrades e.g choosing a better board from the get go? 

Ok linustechtips community, I have a budget of $2500 USD and Im looking for a computer that can do gaming and Youtube video editing.  I plan on running a single monitor with atleast 1440p.  I dont need a keyboard or mouse because I can find a mouse and i found a keyboard.  I also do need an OS and I want a Windows 7 that can run big files.  Im not upgrading so that is that. Thanks

-pfm4

this is my build on pc part picker 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QMNfkL

i mainly just want recommendations and what you think overall i am going to be gaming and doing lots of video editing ( In this version of the build i plan on upgrading to SLI down the road thats why there is a 1000w psu) i also included the OS but not peripherals as i have most of them already. Lastly my budget is $2100 USD (if you cant tell i am from the US)

Hello guys,ive been following both linus forum and youtube for a long time and i even made my pc thnx to you guys but i just post now coz i need some help :P

A friend wants to build a 500 Euros Tower and since there are people here that know a LOT more things than me,ill leave it here for suggestions

No Need for peripherals,he is going to be using 1 monitor (60HZ) which he Already Has..

I already have some parts in my mind,but im open to see what people think about building when they think of a 500 euros gaming PC.go for ill be checking again every few hours ^^

thnx in advance!

606 evro

445 evro

CPU:Intel I5 6700k (4.7GHz)  Mobo:Asus maximus viii hero RAM:HyperX 16GB  GPU:MSI gtx1080 Gaming X
Case:Fractal Design Define S SSD:Kingston 240GB HDD:1TB & 2TB raid 0 PSU:Corsair RMX750 Cooling:H100i v2 OS:Windows 10
Display:Benq GL2440,LG 29" Keyboard:Tesoro Durandal Mouse:Deathadder Sound:2.1 GENESIS NCS-0856, PC-37X, Razer manowar

I'm planning a build for a high end mixed use system (numerical modeling + optical design/ray trace and gaming).  I max out my current computer (i7 2640M for 8hrs/day now).

Build is in the US (Florida), Budget is $7,500

CPU:               Intel Core i7 5960X - overclock

CPU Cooler:   NZXT Kraken x61

Mobo:             ASUS X99 Deluxe

GPU:              2x GALAX GTX 980 HOF (SLI) - overclock

RAM:              64 GB G.Skill DDR4 2800MHz

PSU:              Seasonic Snow Silent 1050W

Storage:         Samsung XP941 512GB (boot)

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB (applications/games)

2x Western Digital Caviar Black 4TB - RAID1 (data/backups)

Case:             Thermaltake Core V51

Display:          3x Samsung S27D590C

Keyboard:      Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB - Cherry Brown

Mouse:           EVGA Torq x10 Carbon

OS:                Windows 7 professional or Windows 8.1 professional (64 bit)

I want a good look for the system so I will be making custom cabling.  The HOFs, mobo and PSU all are white/gray schemes so I will probably powder coat the case as well.  I want to use the back mount brackets for the WD's and put the SSD near the top behind the 5.25" bays so I can remove all the drive cages to keep the interior clean.  I will probably add a few fans and white LED accent lighting as well.

I am hoping that I can OC the 5960X to at least 4.5GHz.  For the HOFs I want to get to 1500MHz.

Thoughts?

Hi everybody I'm new to the forums and in need of a new Canadian build/upgrade from 2008 so any input would be appreciated :)

My budget is $1500 - $2000 CAD accounting for shipping and taxes I've used NCIX and Newegg.ca in my research.

My goal is high end gaming at 1080p with no less than 30fps to show for it, but I would settle for something inbetween 30 and 60.

Case - Cooler Master CM Scout 2

PSU - Corsair AX760i

CPU - Intel Core i7 4790K 4GHZ

RAM - Corsair Vengeance C9 DDR3 1600MHZ > 16Gb

Mobo - ASUS Maximus VII Hero

SSD - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (boot and frequently accessed programs)

HDD - Western Digital Green 2TB (Storage)

CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i

Case Fans - Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition > 2

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

Mouse - Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

NCIX Total = $1873.21 CAD

Existing GPU - Gigabyte Windforce 4Gb GTX 770 (I planned on keeping it for the new build)

Existing Monitor - Acer 9243W A (it's alright but it puts out a ton of heat and weighs a ton)

Existing Keyboard - Logitech Wireless (which is fine)

Existing Optical Drive - An LG super multi drive of some sort but I thought I might use an ol' external drive I bought a couple years ago since most of my programs and such I get digitally.

PC build

------------

Budget- $1500 to 1700 dollars

Place - USA

Components I've picked out

-------------------------------------

1.cpu-Intel core i5 4690k 3.5 ghz

2.operating system- Microsoft windows 8.1

3.monitor-24" asus

4.motherbord- msi z97 PC mate atx or asus z97(which is best ??)

5.cpu cooling fan-cooler master hyper 212 evo

6.video card-super clocked nvidia GeForce gtx 970 4gb GDDR5

7.hard drive 1-1TB

8.hard drive 2-120gb SSD samsung

9.memory-(4gb x 2) 8gb DDR3 1600 MHz dual channel memory g.skill rip jaw

10.power supply-cOSAIR 600w

11.overclock by 10%

12.idk what game chassis yet

Purpose of comptur:gaming and watching some movies and ect.

Questions I have please answer

1.Will the CPU fan be enough to cool down the system and the CPU?

2.What type of good name brands should I get for some of the items I've chosen?

3.is the graphics card good at being superclocked?

4. Which better asus z97 or msi z97 PC mate atx

5.do you think the stuff I've put together is good or bad or what do you think in ur own words?

Is there anything ud change or is it good and will work together ?

Can someone advise me on possible changes I should make on my first PC build? It is going to me mainly gaming oriented and have a green/black colour scheme. I plan on using one monitor at first and may upgrade to a second. My budget is £1000. And I don't require any peripherals or monitors.

Intel core i5-4670k

Gigabyte g1.sniper m5

16gb corsair vengeance LP green ram

EVGA GTX 980 SC

be quiet! dark rock 3

Corsair 500w semi-modular

120gb Samsung 840 evo ssd

2tb seagate barracuda hd

Windows 8.1

All inside a NZXT H440 green/black

All tips are greatly appreciated and cheaper options are a plus!

So I'd like to start by saying that I am a huge fan I love you guys and I can't wait to see what you guys recommend. 

1. Budget and Location

I'm willing to spend $1000.00 - 1500.00  USD and in case you missed that I'm in the U.S.  Florida if that matters.

But I want to spend that amount over a year or so with an initial investment of around $500.00 USD (A little more than a kyc project)

2. Aim

The initial goal would be to get a basic computer with no OS, I plan on running Linux at first and waiting for Windows 10 to see if I like it. 

Initially as long as I can watch YouTubes on it I'm OK.

Buuuuuut with that in mind I want to be able to invest in the system over a year or so and have a competent tri-monitor 1440p setup / 4k capable machine. Preferably fps would not drop much lower than 25fps

I want it to be overclockable, but it doesn't have to be the overclocking into the future fast.

The end goal would be to play high end games like AC: Unity in 4k and Star Citizen in a 3 monitor set up (I realize that might be a bit of a stretch but I'd like to try :). And maybe some video game production even though that is kind of just a side thing at the moment.

3.  Monitors

3 1440p monitors around $1000.00 total (does that exist?)

4. Peripherals

Blu-ray reader/writer any speed is fine.

Mobo dual graphics card capable (preferably 3-way if possible)

Semi-Modular or fully modular power supply

All components should be overclockable to some degree

Not to be included in the price of the build but I would like to see what joysticks and throttle controls you guys recommend.

5.  Why Upgrade?

I wanted to buy AC: Unity but I only have an Xbox 360.  So I was looking at the price of the PS4 and Xbox1 and I couldn't see myself getting that kind of value out of a console anymore.

So I figured instead of buying a "next-gen" console I'd rather invest in a fairly high end computer that I could use as a full entertainment system.  And being able to upgrade was a huge selling point. 

Also, I tried to fix my laptop and ended up destroying it in the process.  Hence why I have an extra HDD lying around.

The Plan

I already have an HDD and a case so I wouldn't need those right away, but I do want to get the c70 case eventually. So I was thinking of starting with: 

Intel 4690k

ASRock z97 Anniversary or the Pro4 (I really need some opinions on these two boards and which one would be better for overclocking)

G. Skill Ripjaws X series ddr3-2133 2x4gb

And the Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Semi-Modular PSU

Keeping me under $500.00 and then I could add in a GPU later and still not have to ditch the PSU.

I'd love to hear what you guys think and it doesn't have to be anything like this, this was just my initial idea.

What kind of upgrades do you plan on doing to it later?

Personally I'd get the 4690k which in my area is actually cheaper than the 4670k and the 4690k outperforms the 4670k.

Also that Motherboard is great but a little overpriced in my opinion especially if you're just going to go for dual-sli later on down the road.  You could get another z97 that is literally half the price of that one if that's the case.

And if you do go for dual-sli down the road you might want to think of bumping up that PSU now rather than later or else you're just gonna have an extra PSU lying around or worse you'll max out the 500w and maybe fry something on the board.