Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Windspeed36

Build Plan Thread Recommendations (Please read before posting)

• Yes I am buying in the next three days (Hopefully)
  • Budget:800-1300 US dollars

- Zip Code or Location: 77584

- Specific Use: Gaming

- Any preferred components?: open panel case; liquid cooled

- Any spare parts you can re-use?:

- Overclocking your processor?: yes

- Need an Operating System?: Yes

- Need a Monitor? / Mouse? / Keyboard?: I have one monitor, going to eventually upgrade to 2. Mouse and keyboard not needed.

- Need a Wireless Card or Adapter? yes

- Need Another Component? (Specify):

• The current system I have is my dell laptop that only has 6GB of ram and 2.3Ghz i5, and can only handle League of Legends at low settings

I had this build in mind:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/macsharif/saved/2zTY

I'm not too sure about all the parts and if I'm overspending.

Help is greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!

1. Budget & Location

Budget is €1750 and i live in The Netherlands (i buy the parts from azerty.nl)

2. Aim

Gaming

3. Monitors

One Dell P2210 1680x1050 monitor

4. Peripherals

I don't need a copy of Windows 7

I also want a K70 with Cherry MX Blues

5. Why are you upgrading?

My PC is crap

Hi everyone,

This is my first build and I wanted to make a super clean mATX high end gaming and editing powerhouse with a $2000 budget (not including a monitor or peripherals)

and this is the result..

Sadly i'm still saving the money for this build (check back in the new year) but here are the components:

Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D (windowed) 

Motherboard: Asus Gryphon mATX

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k (Aiming for a 4.2ghz - 4.6ghz Overclock)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780oc 

Memory: G.Skill Sniper 16gb (2x 8gb)

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb

PSU: Corsair RM-650w

i'm going to be building this fresh in the new year

I live in Australia 

preferences are: clean looking mATX case with a window

intel cpu

that's about it.

I already have a hard drive from my laptop that i can live with for a few weeks after i build this.

Tell me what you think of my choices and if you have any suggestions on parts fell free to let me know  :)

Use http://pccasegear.com/ for parts and prices... I really want to keep this under $2000

1. Budget & Location

Budget is €1750 and i live in The Netherlands (i buy the parts from azerty.nl)

2. Aim

Gaming

3. Monitors

1 Dell P2210 1680x1050 monitor

4. Peripherals

I don't need a copy of Windows 7

My PC is crap

4launch is a bit cheaper but reliable

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

In general, it's good if they can list any of the aforementioned, as well as any information that may be relevant.

Leaving out pieces of information such as old components you can reuse is not a good idea.

I kind of reused my old hdd and dont have an ssd

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

4launch is a bit cheaper but reliable

Yes, Azerty is more expensive... by €2 with my build list.

My budget is €1800,- and I live in The Netherlands I buy my parts from Alternate and Azerty 

Gaming and a bit of video editing and programming

I currently have 2 24 1920x1080 monitors and I wish to buy one mor monitor thats better for gaming with 120Hz and 2ms response time

4.Peripherals
I want another Steelseries siberia elite but that is not included in my budget.

5.why are you upgrading

Since my parents are divorced i want a Second desktop that i can put at my fathers house.

@Windspeed36 I know this is minor, but since the thread is pinned, you should really correct "reccomendations" to "recommendations" in the title.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

The thread should probably be locked too and cleaned up, as people seem to think that this is where you ask for recommendations.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Build for straight gaming and internet. starting from scratch. FPS and some D3 my budget is roughly $2500 usd + - a couple hundred

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2AtG4

now my Games i iwll be playing are a lot of Dayz, Arma 3, Farcry 1-3, and heavy load stuff. if you have any opinions on what may perform better please do. thanks.

1. Budget & Location
USA, $2500 +/- couple hundred

2. Aim
Everything. Silent everyday use, but mainly benchmarking and serious gaming

3. Monitors
Three 24" monitors running nVidia Surround

4. Peripherals
I am purchasing everything from scratch except headphones.  It will be first watercooled rig I am building, and I want to set up dual boot (Primary OS WIN 7 Ultimate x64; Secondary: WIN 8.1 x64 or Ultimate x64& STEAM OS)

Current rig is ancient and out dated; 8 years old to be exact

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/islandgam3r/saved/3BHl 

1. Budget & Location

USA, $2500 +/- couple hundred

2. Aim

Everything. Silent everyday use, but mainly benchmarking and serious gaming

3. Monitors

Three 24" monitors running nVidia Surround

4. Peripherals

I am purchasing everything from scratch except headphones.  It will be first watercooled rig I am building, and I want to set up dual boot (Primary OS WIN 7 Ultimate x64; Secondary: WIN 8.1 x64 or Ultimate x64& STEAM OS)

Current rig is ancient and out dated; 8 years old to be exact

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/islandgam3r/saved/3BHl 

I don't plan on buying in the next 3 days unfortunately -_- wish I could but can't. Don't have money needed as yet

What is the point of following this outline when most people just see one or two words that don't go together, or just completely ignore what the purpose of the build is, and just say stuff that has been repeated a thousand times over in this forum?

ugh.

Corsair Obsidian 250D | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W | Asus Maximus VI Impact | Intel i7-4770k | Corsair h100i (with Noctua NF-F12) | G.Skill RipjawsX 2x8GB | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | WD Black 1TB | eVGA GTX Titan Black (+ ACX cooler)

Featured by NCIXEsther: Titan-Stuffed 250D

Read and acknowledged.... Thank you

"Overdrive" | My Desktop PC:  Case: Corsair 750D | CPU:  I7-4790K | Motherboard:  Asus z97 Deluxe NFC & WLC | CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i Push Pull | Memory/Ram:  Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb 1600mhz  OS Disk| SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250Gb ; Storage Disc:  HDD: 1 WD 3tb Black |  Graphics Card: EVGA 780Ti Superclocked  ACX | Corsair AXi 860w
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peripherals: Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Logitech G700s | Speakers: Logitech z506 | Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium | Monitors: ASUS Pro Art 248Q  | Calibration: Xrite i1 Display Pro | Printer: Coming Soon

1. Budget
1100$  more or less

2. Aim
mostly for gaming,programming and a bit of editing

3. Monitors

as long as it is within the budget anything will do

4. Peripherals
mice,keyboard if possible it doesn't need to be water cooled

first build actually

Hello all I am here to get some help with a budget build for a friend.

I am getting him away from an old console and into computer gaming and he needs a rig that can do that for him. He has a 7 year old macbook pro and sees my overdone 2k rig and gets scared about costs. I was hoping to build a smaller rig for 1k with a matx board and decent graphics card to get him in the door. I was looking at 760ish performance for graphics. I just want him to have a rig that is solid and can handle any game a max or close to max details right now. If possible I also want to get a boot drive ssd but I know how hard that can be on this kind of this kind of budget.

Maybe list a preference of case? Cases are a very personal decision, or just list that you don't care for how it looks. Otherwise it's a very helpful guide :) Cheers!

In this 'CASE' I would agree :D ehh, ehhh ehhhh!!! B)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Hi everyone its my first time here and idk how to post a thread so take it easy on me.Its my first time ever building a pc ive selected my parts from looking at different videos on you tube.Please advise me if any of my parts are wrong or need to changef for eg my (PS) and i want this pc to run battle field 4 gta V and so on thanks in advance! bdw price range around where it is or miner incease.

Case NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower-Black

MB ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0

Cpu >AMD FD8350 8-Core Black Edition

Cpu cooler>Noctua NH-D14

Ram>G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600MHz

PS>Corsair CX750 Builder Series ATX 80 PLUS Bronze

GPU>ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX760 2GB

Western Digital> WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB 

SSD>Samsung MZ-7PD128BW 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 128GB SATA 6Gbps

optical drive>LG Electronics Optical DVD Drive GH24NSB0B

Operating system>Windows 7 Home Premium

Lights>NZXT CB-LED20-GR 2-Metres Light Sensitivity Sleeved LED Kit
and some more lighting Fans 120 and 140MM

Hello Guys. I'm going to build my first PC. Its mainly for Gaming and watching movies. I would like some feedback as I haven't a clue if I'm doing it right or not. Budget is £1500 gbp in pheripherals. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated

Case: Corsair C70 Vengance military green

Mobo: Asus Hero z87 chipset

Cpu: Intel i5 4670k

Ram: Kingston 16GB 2400mhz Beast

Gpu: R9 270X  x 2

SSD: 120GB Samaung evo 840

HDD: WD 1TB Black

Psu: Corsair RM 650w

Optical Drive: Pioneer Blu ray player ( I know I don't need this but I haven't got a Blu ray player at home)

Cooling: Corsair H100i

Additional Fans: Corsair sp 120 x 4

Wifi card: Asus pce-n15

No mointor picked yet so advice would be awesome. Thanks guys

Hello guys and girls.

I am about to build me a new hi end gaming rig computer. My goal is to make it super quiet and hopfully as dust proof as possible.

When you look at this rig: http://www.sweclocke...2281-pale-titan

It is how I picture my rig, but no case fans for the main room where motherboard is at all. Have push pull Noktua fans on two 3 slot Radiators one on the top and one under. Having a seperat pump and reservior for each radiator.

Having one radiator for only the CPU and the other for mother board and GPU.

My parts so far: 

Case:   http://www.caselabs-...m/magnum-sth10/

Rosewill CAPSTONE-750 750W Continuous @ 50°C, Intel Haswell Ready, 80 PLUS GOLD, ATX12V v2.31 & EPS12V v2.92, SLI/CrossFire Ready, Active PFC Power Supply.

ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX gaming board with double-sided ROG Armor, 23C-degrees cooler CrossChill and 120dB SNR, 600ohm audio

Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670K

2x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Classified Hydro Copper, 3072 MB DDR5 in SLI

16GB Corsair Dominator Quad DDR3 kit

2x Intel 730 Series SSD (http://www.webhallen...CFSIMcwodLbwAVg)
One for OS and one for games.

2x Western Digital Red Edition 3TB in RAID 1 for storage and backup.

1 XSPC Photon 270 Glass Tube Reservior and 1 XSPC X2O 750 Dual 5.25 Bay Reservoir Pump
2x Radiator, XSPC RX360 Triple

I have not made up my mind on the OS. To keep my Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit or upgrade to windows 8.

My location is Sweden and my budget is 9,266$ USD

Please post sugestions and solutions

Hey, 

I could use a little advise from people more experienced with building gaming rigs and all that. This will be the first pc I've ever built so a noob friendly chassis would be great, but that said I would like it to look as kick ass as possible! I did have a case in mind already, the Zalman Z11...

1. Budget & Location
My budget is approx $800 (Ontario, Canada). I would go a bit over budget if the difference in performance is really worth it (I'd say a max of $950.. ish).

2. Aim
The system will be used mainly for gaming (BF4, Hawken, Wow, Smite, Crysis 3, SC2, ect.), recording game sessions with Shadowplay and maybe editing those videos to post on youtube. I am also a digital artist so I will be using photoshop. I will also be tinkering with 3ds Max, but nothing crazy just learning how to use it. Other then that just normal stuff, web browsing, downloading, music and movies.

3. Monitors
1 monitor to start with, but eventually I want 2 or 3 (1920x1080 or 2560x1600 if the price is right).

4. Peripherals
I have a mouse, keyboard, 2 xbox 360 controllers, and at the moment I'm using my tv as a monitor so it wouldnt hurt having a monitor priced out.

I want to build my own rig, my current pc I had built for me and its nearly 5 years old(need to replace HDD's). Also I need another pc so I can play games with the wife :D

- Budget: 900$ Minimum, 1,000$ maximum
- Zip Code or Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Specific Use: Gaming/Normal use e.g Internet, Youtube e.t.c
- Any preferred components?: Nope.
- Any spare parts you can re-use?: Nope
- Overclocking your processor?: Nah
- Need an Operating System?: Yes sir! Windows 8 64 bit version specifically!
- Need a Monitor? / Mouse? / Keyboard?: I need a monitor and a keyboard but not a mouse. 
- Need a Wireless Card or Adapter? Yup!
- Need Another Component? (Specify): I just need everything in a computer other than a mouse. 

- Preferred Case Features (Ex: Color, Side Window, Flashy): Color, flashy and window, or one of them, I don't mind, anything nice! :)

- Number of Monitors: 1 :)
- Other Info?: Nothing much. I would just like to thank you. I'm kind of new to this and I would really like to make this the best PC it can be. I would also like to apologize in advance if I cause any confusion. Thank you SOOOO MUCH.

Hi im pretty new when it comes to building a computer but this is the plan.

Budget: £600-£800

Aim: Gaming in Ultra for Skyrim (35fps min), Photoshop, internet, music and movies.

No. Of monitors: 1

Peripherals: Gaming mouse and keyboard, Optical Input Gaming headset

Need help mainly on: Graphics card (GTX 660 vs GTX 760 or AMD equivalent), Motherboard, Watercooling vs Air cooling, Is a soundcard necessary, i5 vs i7 (or AMD equivalent) processor.