Build Plan Thread Recommendations (Please read before posting)

1. Budget & Location

$800-$1200 more or less, USA, Seattle, WA Specifically

2. Aim

Gaming, Projects from my college (Computer Science or Engineering), For gaming, Im exploring newer games but Im likely to play League of Legends, PUBG, Fortnite, and explore new RPG/Action games

3. Monitors

I will buy one monitor, recommend me a budget but decent one.

4. Peripherals

I need windows, a budget gaming keyboard and mouse and headphones as well

5. Why are you upgrading?

I have a laptop.. I want a good desktop that is decent and can be upgradable in the future and can last for a few years without much bottleneck too. I want to play games with higher fps and be able to multitask for once. 

May consider overclocking but wouldnt mind if a processor is not overclockable. (4 cores minimum)

Minimum GPU: RX 580, GTX 1060 

PS: If you want to recommend me prebuilt pcs im also open because I have never built a PC before but I am willing to learn to build one if it is a much cheaper alternative.

I'm upgrading from a Lenovo Yoga 910 which is really bad at games, and for now I'll only need 1 monitor. Peripherals are all bought already

• 3 weeks later...

Buying new monitor curve Ultrawide 34-35

helo..  i want to  buy one  new monitor curve Ultrawide 34-35  size.  i want this monitor  to have  good panel  good colors,  good  refresh rate and  g.,syng..

i have some  monitors   but i dont know  from all  these  which is  the  best

and  for  this reason i want your  help

the monitors  are

Acer Predator X34P

Samsung CHG90

Asus Rog Strix XG35VQ

Acer Predator Z35P

Acer Predator X34A

Dell Alienware AW3418DW

Asus Rog Swift PG348Q

which  monitor  are  you suggested me to  buy?? i want to  help and to  give me  very analyze imformation  because i want to  buy one  very  good  monitor..

• 2 weeks later...

HI,i hope you guys are doing great.

Im planning on building my first pc,i'm still in the reseach stage(have nearly watched every video there is on linus channel and other builders)

I was hoping to get a little feedback on the future of the graphic card prices,i apologize if i posted this on the wrong sub.

Being it my first build im thinking of shopping only at the christmass holiday to get the most of any sales btw i should also say that im on on tight budget and not willing to pay any more than 250 on a GPU so just an mid range one.

Im not that informed about the pace of prices right now other than it has doubled because of mining.

Being the newbie that i am i quite reluctant to have many components from differents brands im planning on either building an all out intel or amd pc so either nvidia or razon amd.

what im asking here if smeone would be so kind to help is wich one of the two major brand of GPU do you guys think is gonna come down in price first(is there a favorite to cryptocurrency miners?Witch will make that specific brand come down in price any time soon?)

Like i said i will only begin my shoping hunt in two or 3months but i will probably buy all other components of the pc around a close compability probability to the graphic card and processor so it would help me alot to know wich brand am i gonna buy all my component around .

I hope again not having posted this in the wrong subforum and i apologize for any gramatical error that could have hurt your eyes,zhile awaiting your ever so helpfull feedback i hope you all have a wonderfull weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Massive switch, just decided to go a little more price-for-performance and here it is, "updated".

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/2080 Aorus Xtreme

Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz 1x8GB

SSD: Adata SU650 480GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240R RGB

Case: NZXT H500i

PSU: Corsair AX860i

Please let me know your thoughts. Main uses are Fortnite at 1440p 165Hz. Monitor is Dell S2417DG.

Hey guys, I'm pretty knew to building a PC, this is my first attempt and am learning as I go. My cousin told me to post here for help with my current build. Thanks in advance!!

My build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $209.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard $119.79 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $124.99 @ Newegg
Storage SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $48.92 @ Amazon
Case NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $70.46 @ Newegg Business
Power Supply EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $39.89 @ OutletPC
Other EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, $399.99
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $1059.02
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $1039.02
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-11 02:07 EDT-0400  

Budget and location:

$1,200 USD max 

Aim:

3D workstation and gaming, I have the intention of setting this up to play Elite: dangerous in VR eventually. If possible I'd like to play more graphically demanding games, such as destiny 2 and other FPS games. 

Monitors: 

I have 2, 24" 1080x1920 LG monitors and a 55" 4k TV I'd like to hook up to this. The 2 monitors are VGA, I don't know if that matters, I also know they'll need a converter for the graphics card but I can't afford new monitors yet with my current budget.

Peripherals:

Will be buying windows 10

Why I'm upgrading:

I have never owned a reliable PC, I've always had hand-me-down potatoes with random problems. Figured it's time to just nut up and buy my dream PC.

Hi, I'm brand new to pc building. I have a lenovo y50 laptop that I have been using for gaming and graphic design for years. 

1. Budget and location

My budget is $700-$1000. Illinois USA currency. 

2. Aim 

I am a graphic designer and I also do digital art. I would like to learn 3d modeling. I play shooters (call of duty, overwatch) RPGs (final fantasy, cyberpunk 2077) MMORPGs (FF14, Tera) action (Monster hunter world) Fighting games (street fighter v, blazblue crosstag, dragonball fightersz, soul caliber 6). And use the Adobe suite (photoshop, illustrator, indesign, after effects). 

3. Monitors

Two monitors. Don't plan on anymore than that. 

4. Peripherals 

Monitor and keyboard needed but not too picky on those. A regular old keyboard should be fine. Windows 10.

Upgrading for a better experience. I've been playing games on lowest settings for years and I'm tired of slow performance and freezing when using photoshop for design projects. Now I don't plan on using photoshop while playing Blops4 at the same time, but I would like to play games on medium-high. And if my budget is good enough for streaming, I'd like to try that. But streaming isn't necessary. Having photoshop and illustrator open at the same time is pretty important. I'm hoping to include i7 processor. 

Thanks

Edited by Jextech

Hello everyone! I'm looking into building my own computer from scratch instead of just upgrading my current build. I'm sort of new to finding computer parts to throw in for the best performance, but I've got the basic knowledge. 

PC Build:

-I have a budget of $3200USD

-Mainly going to be used for Gaming and Video Making/Editing (Games mainly include: Rainbow Six Siege, COD BO4, Doom, etc,.)

-Going to be running 1 60Hz and 1 240Hz monitors both resolutions at 1080p

-Peripherals not included in link above: Microphone

-Other parts not included in the link:

-https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAFVF75E4442

Let me know if there's anything I should change with this build or anymore information you might need. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

This is my current PC Build|

Current computer.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 6:16 PM, M4s0nic29 said:

Hello everyone! I'm looking into building my own computer from scratch instead of just upgrading my current build. I'm sort of new to finding computer parts to throw in for the best performance, but I've got the basic knowledge. 

PC Build:

-I have a budget of $3200USD

-Mainly going to be used for Gaming and Video Making/Editing (Games mainly include: Rainbow Six Siege, COD BO4, Doom, etc,.)

-Going to be running 1 60Hz and 1 240Hz monitors both resolutions at 1080p

-Peripherals not included in link above: Microphone

-Other parts not included in the link:

-https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAFVF75E4442

Let me know if there's anything I should change with this build or anymore information you might need. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

This is my current PC Build|

Current computer.png

since you have that big of a budget i would say get another cpu cooler.
The dark rock pro 4 is kinda best bang for the buck, but still that budget... why not get an AIO? im in love with the Corsair h115i RGB platinum

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm a big fan of LTT I'm from Italy and now after a long time I finally have the budget to build my dream rig. My problem is that more I study more I get confused, I recently saw the video about best cpu to buy so I decided to start building but I really don't have idea on where to start. My Biggest concerns are motherboard and power supply. Can someone please help me doing my build? 
I wish to buy a 2080 because even if rtx isn't really used now i don't want to update to the pc for at least 5y so I'm ready to take the risk, also I'm not a FPS freak or competitive gamer so I prefer stunning graphics  at playable fps.
I also need a good (not pro) audio hardware, since I plan to do some recording and editing on my pc, are asus integrated audiocards as good as they say? 

PC Builds

- Budget: 2.300€ -- I can go a bit higher delaying to buy audio hardware 
- Zip Code or Location: Italy
- Specific Use: Mostly Gaming, small audio recording and editing
- Any preferred components: RTX2080
- Any spare parts you can re-use?: nope
- Overclocking your processor?: do I need it?
- Need an Operating System?: Il'' find it
- Need a Monitor: one curved 2k min 27"  max 32"

- camera: optional 

I found this monitor at an affordable price, is it any good?
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B06W9P9H55/?coliid=I3BQMH4NZVSMGJ&colid=1SSEMWHFYCF25&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1
 is G-sync indispensable? 

I don't need mouse, keyboard, headphone or speakers.

Hope to find help here, really love LTT and CANADA ❤️ Thank you all! 

• 2 weeks later...

Budget: $3000 (If it is really worth it I will push to $3500)

Aims:

• Games Max Settings
  • Last 5 Years potentially without upgrading graphic card or anything and still playing on max settings.
  • Maybe flexibility if my goal of 5 years is not reasonable
  • Software to run nice and fast
  • Good Data transfer
  • Quite
  • Regular Used Software: Visual Studio, Android Studio, Unity, Application Builds, Plex, SQL Server

Monitors: I have these two

No need to add monitor for current build price but would appreciate a recommendation for a new monitor to get 1 month from now

• 1 60hz 1080
  • 1 75hz 1080

Operating System: Windows 10 I have do not need to buy

Peripherals: Mouse and keyboard I do not need to buy.

Storage: I believe I am fine

• SSD
    • 1 250gb
    • 1 1Tb 
  • HHD
    • 1 6Tb
    • 1 4Tb
    • 1 1Tb
    • 1 500gb

Reasons for upgrading: 

• Graphics for games need to be lowered for games
  • Motherboard Died
  • Ram is sometimes peeked causing PC to freeze ( Usually caused by visual studio builds and sometimes chrome )

Unknowns for new build

• Liquid cooling ( My Last pc temperature was around 75 degrees regularly )
  • Wireless ( Not needed as I use ethernet )

Pieces That I do not need:

• SSD or HDD
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Monitor not 100% sure for best Gaming experience

Current System: 

• Tower: Antec's Eleven Hundred (1100) Super Mid-Tower Gaming Chassis
  • Motherboard: Azus Z87 Pro (Deceased)
  • Processor: 4th Gen Intel 4770k 3.4hgz
  • RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 
  • Graphic Card: Nvidea Geforce gtx 960 Single Fan
  • SSD
    • 1 250gb
    • 1 1Tb 
  • HHD
    • 1 6Tb
    • 1 4Tb
    • 1 1Tb
    • 1 500gb
  • Power Supply: 750 Watt

It has been a while since I created a new PC build. This one I built about 5 years or so ago. Only updated SSD and HDDS since then.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Edited by Lightk3ira

Hi Guys,

I have just built my first PC and the performance is amazing but it does not solve my real purpose of getting this built. I work with huge excel files with million rows that use vlookup and sumifs and hybrid of count and if functions. The reason for getting this PC was to get the work done faster but i am not getting much difference coming from a dual core I5 and 4 gb ram. My new build has:

Ryzen 2700x

B450M Mortar

8 GB 2666 MHZ g.skill ripjaw Vseries

240gb WD green M.2 SSD

Nvedia 710 2GB graphics card

Gigabyte 500W bronze certified PSU

I have overclocked the processor to 4.15 mhz however the ram cannot be overclocked. I notice a HUGE difference in performance from my previous laptop but i don't notice much difference in the excel calculation speeds which is the real reason this PC was built. Although I don't plan on using this PC for anything other than a workstation but i want the 2700x to run at its full efficiency after spending all that money. 

Can anyone see a bottleneck anywhere which is most likely to slow down excel calculations or the PC in general. I can still exchange the parts. I don't plan on playing games or video editing so don't require a graphics card. Any recommendations will be helpful. Thanks

Varun

On 1/27/2013 at 3:16 AM, Windspeed36 said:

I figured I'd make this thread to make life easier for people to give advice and feedback on your proposed system. If you add these simple answer it means we don't have to ask you all this before we can give you answers :)

1. Budget & Location

You may have listed a heap of parts that all add up to your preferred budget but it is easier if you just list the total amount you'd like to spend and the currency as well as if you'd consider going above that budget for more performance. We need the location as well because $US are different to $AUD and $CAD ect.

2. Aim

What is the system going to be used for? Web browsing, 3D work? Different systems need different levels of performance - a computer based for web browsing and office use won't handle heavy graphic design and video editing and a proper video editing system isn't good for gaming. If your aim is for gaming, please list what sort of gaming. In the same way that different usage types need different systems, you'll need a lot more power to run Far Cry 3 or Crysis 2 than you would Minecraft.

3. Monitors

How many monitors do you plan on running? Do you plan on moving to more monitors in the future? What resolution are they at too?

4. Peripherals

Do you also need to purchase peripherals such as keyboards and mice as well as monitors ect. Also please tell us if you'll need an OS such as Windows.

We ask this because you may see upgrading as the only path to solve an issue but things such as driver updates, reconfiguration or cleaning can boost performance without spending a cent.

Please copy and paste the major dot points into your thread as it makes it easier for us to give you better feedback.

Have fun and keep building :)

Here is my proposed build this upcoming christmas! My first build and hope it goes good! Think these is a decent start and gives me plenty of room for upgrades in the future

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

• 1 month later...

I need help.  I'm currently in the military and have two kids so I do not have time to dedicate to doing the research needed to truly figure this out.  This will be my first build so any help would be appreciated.  

Budget:  $2000-2500

AIM:  Gaming, Home Office

Monitors:  I want something that will last I can spend $500 on it.  All i know is i need something with high refresh rate.

Peripherals:  not important I can upgrade later

Why Upgrading?  Because I am currently on an Alienware M17x Laptop from 2012 and I don't think I'll be able to keep it going much longer.

My Main goal is to invest now so I don't have to keep investing later.  This system will also be moving a lot so quality in the components would be nice.

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($399.89 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($149.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($231.99 @ Newegg Business)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($262.99 @ Newegg Business)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($262.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($147.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card  ($804.98 @ Newegg Business)
Case: Corsair - 750D ATX Full Tower Case  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg Business)
Total: $2479.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-12 23:21 EST-0500

I know 64G Ram is overkill but like I said I want it to last and though games do not require it now they may in the future.  I like the Corsair CPU cooler because 1. Corsair make a good product, 2.  I feel in the moves i can keep it mounted with minimal damage, 3. It doesn't look super flashy.

The GPU I picked the 1080TI mainly because I don't know much about GPUs.  I know there are a lot of GPUs out there and with my budget I don't know what is truly worth investing in. 

Thanks to anyone for their assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hanging PC !!

Build a PC which is hanging in middle air on strings tied to the roof !!

On 10/11/2018 at 1:27 AM, mattregataco said:

Hey guys, I'm pretty knew to building a PC, this is my first attempt and am learning as I go. My cousin told me to post here for help with my current build. Thanks in advance!!

My build:

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $209.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard $119.79 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $124.99 @ Newegg
Storage SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $48.92 @ Amazon
Case NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $70.46 @ Newegg Business
Power Supply EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $39.89 @ OutletPC
Other EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, $399.99
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $1059.02
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $1039.02
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-11 02:07 EDT-0400  

Budget and location:

$1,200 USD max 

Aim:

3D workstation and gaming, I have the intention of setting this up to play Elite: dangerous in VR eventually. If possible I'd like to play more graphically demanding games, such as destiny 2 and other FPS games. 

Monitors: 

I have 2, 24" 1080x1920 LG monitors and a 55" 4k TV I'd like to hook up to this. The 2 monitors are VGA, I don't know if that matters, I also know they'll need a converter for the graphics card but I can't afford new monitors yet with my current budget.

Peripherals:

Will be buying windows 10

Why I'm upgrading:

I have never owned a reliable PC, I've always had hand-me-down potatoes with random problems. Figured it's time to just nut up and buy my dream PC.

It really depends on what work you're doing, but I have a few remarks. First, if you're at all comfortable with overclocking (it's super easy and safe as long as you don't go to high on the main voltage) go with a 2600. The only real difference is that the x has a higher clock out of the factory, is more expensive, and doesn't come with a cooler (the stock cooler is good enough for 3.8-4.0). You should also probably get a 2060 instead of a 1070 ti, similar performance with added AI and RT (depending on your work that might be useful) with a much lower price. Depending on your workload you might want to upgrade to a Ryzen 7, but I'd have to know what it was. R5 is good for gaming with a 1070ti/2060. You might also need more ram than just 16 GB, but again that depends on your work.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:40 PM, Alexius said:

I need help.  I'm currently in the military and have two kids so I do not have time to dedicate to doing the research needed to truly figure this out.  This will be my first build so any help would be appreciated.  

Budget:  $2000-2500

AIM:  Gaming, Home Office

Monitors:  I want something that will last I can spend $500 on it.  All i know is i need something with high refresh rate.

Peripherals:  not important I can upgrade later

Why Upgrading?  Because I am currently on an Alienware M17x Laptop from 2012 and I don't think I'll be able to keep it going much longer.

My Main goal is to invest now so I don't have to keep investing later.  This system will also be moving a lot so quality in the components would be nice.

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($399.89 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($149.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($231.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($147.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card  ($804.98 @ Newegg Business)
Case: Corsair - 750D ATX Full Tower Case  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg Business)
Total: $2479.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-12 23:21 EST-0500

I know 64G Ram is overkill but like I said I want it to last and though games do not require it now they may in the future.  I like the Corsair CPU cooler because 1. Corsair make a good product, 2.  I feel in the moves i can keep it mounted with minimal damage, 3. It doesn't look super flashy.

The GPU I picked the 1080TI mainly because I don't know much about GPUs.  I know there are a lot of GPUs out there and with my budget I don't know what is truly worth investing in. 

Thanks to anyone for their assistance.

64 GB of ram really is overkill for right now. I'd say you might need that ram in 7-10 years time, but by then I'm not sure your GPU and CPU would be able to match it. Memory is the easiest thing to upgrade, I'd say save the $270, and if you really need it in 5 years just drop it in. You also mentioned you liked the AIO because "It doesn't look super flashy," so you might be able to save by not getting RGB memory. 

The 1080ti is also a very old part, it's pretty hard to find them any more. I can't find any on newegg for less than $1,200, which is about the same price as a 2080ti, which performs much better and has ray tracing, which you might want in the future. If that breaks your budget, a 2080 will also perform around the same as a 1080ti and costs only about $800, in actual stock.

Other than that it looks like a solid build. You had mentioned a monitor. I'm not an expert, but a good 144hz 1440p monitor with freesync or gsync should do you nicely. Just make sure you get a display port cable to run it off of, HDMI can't handle that much data.

Hope I could be of help.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2013 at 3:16 AM, Windspeed36 said:

I figured I'd make this thread to make life easier for people to give advice and feedback on your proposed system. If you add these simple answer it means we don't have to ask you all this before we can give you answers :)

1. Budget & Location

You may have listed a heap of parts that all add up to your preferred budget but it is easier if you just list the total amount you'd like to spend and the currency as well as if you'd consider going above that budget for more performance. We need the location as well because $US are different to $AUD and $CAD ect.

2. Aim

What is the system going to be used for? Web browsing, 3D work? Different systems need different levels of performance - a computer based for web browsing and office use won't handle heavy graphic design and video editing and a proper video editing system isn't good for gaming. If your aim is for gaming, please list what sort of gaming. In the same way that different usage types need different systems, you'll need a lot more power to run Far Cry 3 or Crysis 2 than you would Minecraft.

3. Monitors

How many monitors do you plan on running? Do you plan on moving to more monitors in the future? What resolution are they at too?

4. Peripherals

Do you also need to purchase peripherals such as keyboards and mice as well as monitors ect. Also please tell us if you'll need an OS such as Windows.

We ask this because you may see upgrading as the only path to solve an issue but things such as driver updates, reconfiguration or cleaning can boost performance without spending a cent.

Please copy and paste the major dot points into your thread as it makes it easier for us to give you better feedback.

Have fun and keep building :)

Hello all,

I'm in Dayton, Ohio and my friend and I are looking to make a small data server. We're in college right now, so keeping the cost down as much as possible is important to us. We're going to run Debian on it and don't need any monitors/peripherals. We're going to use SFTP and SSH to access it. We might do a little data processing (my friend has a broken 1050 he thinks. We might try to fix it). That's why the CPU in our build guide is a little overkill. What do you think of this? Any thoughts as to where we can get used parts cheaper? Maybe a used tech warehouse or something?

Thanks

Here's our build so far:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KcWRtg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Looking to build a budget RGB PC for gaming. I've decided on all the major CPU components, but would still like some recommendations from you guys. Attached is the part list down below:

Note that the GPU I'm planning on buying is the ASUS ROG Strix gtx 1060. It wasn't showing up on PCPartPicker.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Budget and location

My budget is $2500 (pre-tax), CA

2. Aim 

The machine will be primarily used for deep learning and machine learning as a workstation and I'll connect to it using SSH and use some Linux distro as OS. Will be nice to have nice gaming compatibility but that is secondary.

3. Monitors

One IPS 4k monitor w/o 144 Hz and G-Sync (too expensive for me).

4. Peripherals 

I have one

5. Why are you upgrading? 

I was using AWS and GCP with my laptop, so this is my first workstation.

Here is what I built, my concerns:

* cooler, is it enough for slightly overclocked CPU?

* will the case obstruct airflow and make GPU and CPU throttle (the machine will work 24/7)

* I added only one stick of 16GB as I probably will upgrade to 32GB in the nearest future

* my main focus here is GPU

Greetings,

Looking to build a gaming PC in September- October and am unsure of the components. Help would be appreciated.

Theoretical components:

GPU; EVGA GTX 1660 Ti

CPU: (Upon release) Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: ASRock B450 M Pro4

RAM: G. Skill Value 8gb x 2 (2666 Mhz)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB w/ 32 GB Intel optane SSD

PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 watt

Case: Corsair Carbide 100R 

Fans: 2000 RPM Noctua Industrial x 5

Monitor Recommendations also welcome

Hey I’m here in this thick and densely populated thread, hope I don’t go unnoticed! But here is my build and I’m going to need some advice, thanks!

Budget and location: I don’t really have a budget, but probably nothing over $4000. I’m currently in Singapore and will be buying the parts here. (Don’t worry, just keep prices in USD to avoid confusion)

Aim: 90% gaming, 10% working. Am gonna play AAA titles like Overwatch, Tomb Raider, CS:GO and Rainbow 6 Siege. 

Monitor(s): I plan to use only 1 gaming monitor. It must be 2560x1440p, >143Hz, <5ms, about 27” and probably G-Sync. 

Peripherals: Already have a mouse, mat, headset and keyboard, don’t need anything else. 

Reason for upgrade: It’s been a while, I guess. 

The build: 

CPU: Intel i9-9900K

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8Gb DDR4 3600

Motherboard: (unsure, but just gonna put Aorus Ultra Z390 and Maximus XI Apex)

Thermal paste: Kryonaut 1g

Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G3

Storage: 2x Samsung 970 Pro

GPU: Choice between Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme or MSI Gaming X Trio or Asus ROG STRIX O11G Gaming OC (can’t choose). 

Cooling: Kraken X72

Fans: 4x LL120 RGB for case, 3x ML120 PRO RGB for the X72

Others: External RGB strip 30cm, sleeved extensions, cable combs

Case: I really don’t know! I would like a case with a side panel (tempered glass), subtle RGB (but stylish at the same time), and just great airflow I guess. Also, it should fit all the above components! (C700M is perfect but too expensive)

I guess that’s it! Hope people haven’t abandoned this thread or my typing would have been for nothing!

I am new to pc and pc building. For referance, all I know how to turn it on and pay bills. 

1. Budget & Location

I from the midwest of U.S.A. my budget is under $700. 

• Aims

Looking for an balance between gaming and an multiple workstations. From video/audio editing , programming, to 3D object making in the future. Also to play some VR in the future.

• Monitor

Using my old monitor. AOC standard led screen.

• Peripherals

What I have in my  possession is an Ryzon 7 1700

• Why am I getting an upgrade?

The only main reasons is (I laugh everytime I think about it) to play the Sims 4. Download the game but my pc cant play it, too much for it to handle.

20190321_141152.jpg