Build Plan Thread Recommendations (Please read before posting)

It's good to know if they have any preferences towards a company or product. That comes up pretty often when I browse through forums.

Sorry dude, there will be no biased opinions on these rigs. We should always push to what's best for the money regardless of brand fanboyism.

I have a hard time thinking that simply having a preference for a company some how constitutes a bias. The preference could in fact be based on legitimate concerns or points that do not come from fanboyism. Now, I am a newcomer, and have no experience to speak of. However, with reason, I have read a few concepts that cause me to define a preference.

One for instance would be the fact that maybe 85% of what I see posted about AMD and AMD products, including my experience using the products without knowing it, and looking back to my old laptops and realizing, the one's I've had over heating issues was with every AMD system and have not had any overheating issues with the Intel laptops, or really any at all. I can't say whether there is a direct cause or even explanation, but I do know, the average, through time(thus based on my purpose and use) AMD has given me more problem devices and machines.

On a different note, AMD has never given me an issue that is common with Intel based ones: No computer because I can't/couldn't afford to buy one! Because of AMD, I was able to have a computer at all. So I am not trying to make this about AMD or Intel at all.

But, based on initial reasoning and logic, because of AMD receiving my money for their products, seemingly better quality product producers like Intel did not share in revenue from me and as a result, it had a smaller budget to work with to produce cheaper products overall. I am not trying to make this case. Simply provide for a situation wherein a preference does not SIMPLY and ONLY come down to fanboyism

I think it's short sighted to see the preference only in such a light, although I am not trying tp take away from the point bradscoolio made, as it is a great point: Don't decisions based on brand names! But, I am trying to break free from the restrictive notion that someone can prefer a company, or even can decide to buy from one company only, and that there can not be any legitimate grounds for doing so and as a result must be characterized as having come from fanboyism. Cheers! :)

• 7 months later...

@Windspeed36

You could use this format

What is this computer going to be used for?
List what you will be doing with your computer.
What is your budget?
Include amount and currency.
Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
Your country lets us know what sites you can order from. If you have a nearby Microcenter they have some great in-store only deals that you can take advantage of.
What is included in the budget?
Things like the tower, the OS, peripherals and monitors.
Will you be overclocking?
Overclocking will require different hardware than a non-overclocking build so we need to know this.
Will you be reusing any parts?
If you are reusing parts list them here.
What OS do you want?
Say which OS you want or say if you already have a copy of one.
Any specific case preferences?
Size, color, etc.
Any other special features that you want in the build?
Stuff like an SSD, large hard drive, RAID, and wifi     Source: http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/pmc-computer-building-general-information-thread-t387346.html

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mec-777

Thanks but oh dear, Got this from my spec on PC part picker "The Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card length of 308mm exceeds the Antec GX700 ATX Mid Tower Case maximum of 293mm." Is there another option? (apart from a new case)

Don't know if this will work but I think this maybe the link to my build http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/BkgPCJ

FYI - Just a tip. Next time, make sure you quote the person's post whom you are asking question of, and/or tag them by adding "@" before their name. Like this:

@Silk_Wisper

That way the person will receive a notification letting them know you've replied, quoted or tagged them in your post. Otherwise, they'll never know you had additional questions. ;)

As for your build and upgrades... Yeah, it looks like that Sapphire card won't fit in your case. I just assumed since it was a full tower, it would fit. There's a non-removable hard drive cage in the way and I don't think you'd be up for cutting out a section of it to make it fit. ;)

The Gigabyte R9 390 SOC is 243mm long and should fit just fine. It's a pretty good card as well, it just won't run quite as cool as the Sapphire or Powercolour versions. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

• 3 months later...

Case: NZXT H440 black and red edition

Power Supply: Corsair RM750X 750 watt, 80 plus gold

CPU: i7 6700k 

Motherbored: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

GPU: ASUS Geoforce GTX 970 Strix

RAM: Avexir Blitz1.1 DDR4 2800 Red

STORAGE: SSD for operating system and a WD Black 2tb

CPU COOLER: Cooler Master RR 212X

LIGHTING: CableMod widebeam RGB, strip only because motherbored has RGB connectors

My peripherals and moniters don't matter to me I already have them in mind and I'm not changing on them. I would just like to know if this build is good in anyway, this is my second or third build so I have a good idea of what I'm doing I would just like some opinions on the motherboard in general, I really haven't seen much on it and I don't trust people other than Linus and they haven't done a video on it. I'm doing this build for looks as well as performance. I really want the look to go together hence the motherboard being black and red same as the case and ram. Also I want to be able to use the AURA program by CableMod. Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

1. Budget & Location

Rs. 70000 India

2. Aim

Mostly gaming, light streaming 

3. Monitors 

1 on the bigger side 

4. Peripherals

Decent headphone with mic

5. Reason for upgrade

Dads company is giving a chance. he decided to allow me to build my first rig.

Hello everyone, I am new to LinusTechTips Forums, great to be here.

After some months due to the fact that my laptop is growing quite old I decided to finally attempt to build a desktop PC of my own. I was wondering if any one of you experienced fellows here can provide some feedback on a build that I planned recently. I currently live in the UK so its pounds for me. In regards to the aim of the machine its mostly going to involve general university work stuff such as word processing and presentations and gaming of the latest AAA titles (e.g. Witcher 3). I am willing to overclock slightly thats why I chose the i5 4690K and EVGA 650W power supply to squeeze a bit more time out of the machine. Budget is around 900-1000 UK pounds.

Please find attached the pc part picker link with all the parts.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ppwRLk

Thanks for your time guys

1. Budget & Location

Around $1500USD USA (I'm actually from Uruguay but i'm buing the components in the states)

2. Aim

Mostly Gaming. Light streaming and video editing

3. Monitors

One probably upgrading to 3 when possible

4. Peripherals

Already got them.

5. Why are you upgrading?

My current computer is too old

This is my first build and i would like your opinion on the components I selected :

• Motherboard: Asus z170-A
  • CPU: Intel 4790k
  • GPU: Nvidea gtx 980
  • Storage: WD caviar Black 1Tb 7200RPM
  • Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB (not sure if 4x4GB or 2x8GB, please give me a hand on this)
  • Cooling: Corsair Liquid Cooling Hydro H55 Quiet edition
  • Power Supply: Evga SuperNova 650W 80+ Platinum (not sure if it's enough or if it's too much)

I haven't chosen a case yet, and if you notice any other compolsary/higly suggested component i'm missing please let me know

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fZ6BsY   Can someone Give some opinons on my build. I'm trying to keep under $750 but i don't want my pc to be underpowered due to my budget. I was aiming for an intel based cpu but the budget wouldn't allow a good Intel cpu so I'm stuck with AMD

Hey guys, I made a separate thread for this, but I'd like to get more feedback before I spend so much money.

I have two builds, this first one is going to be my personal desktop. The PC Part Picker list can be found here.  

I'm a college student, so I can get almost any Windows OS through Dreamspark.

For this desktop, I'm planning to use it for gaming, recording games, coding/programming, and 3D design. I plan to add another set of RAM to go to 32GB, and to add another GTX 980TI for Sli, but that can be done further on in the future (especially when Pascal comes out).

Alongside that, I plan on building a hybrid NAS / Render Farm server (PC Part Picker list found here).

The goal of this server is so that my friend and I can render videos on it remotely, and to store the source files and the rendered ones. The goal is also that my friend would be able to remotely run the games on that server, strwam it to his PC, and record directly to the server (he has a crappy laptop with an iGPU, and we both opted to have a storage / render server rather than purchase him a newer laptop). It will use two of these CPU coolers, this case and will use this RAID card. I also can't decide on what RAID type to use, but currently I'm choosing between RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 60. I'm leaning more towards data safety rather than performance speed, since the server will render videos overnight, so write performance isn't a huge factor. Lastly, I also plan on buying a second GTX 980TI for this server, and possibly get a second set of 64GB ECC RAM.

Is there anything I could improve upon in either builds?

Should I opt for 4 x 2TB drives for my server, or 8 x 1TB drives?

My budget is £500

I am in the UK

My aim is to be able to Game at low to medium settings on games such as fallout 4

I need a OS and Peripherals

I want to be able to have two monitors but only one for gaming

a wireless card would be useful but not necessary 

I think my current pc is getting way too old, so i plan on saving money to buy a new primary gaming pc. I am flexible with the budget, but i don't think i could go any more then $200(U.S).I plan on getting only 1 ultra wide monitor, but i don't know what kind yet. I already have peripherals from corsair so i don't need thing else.I would like to know if there is anything wrong with it, since this the first build I've ever done,yet i think everything is fine I'm just double checking.I would like suggestions to make it better performance wise.

1.Case= NZXT Noctis 450

$139

2.Motherboard=ASUS Z170-Deluxe

$299

3.CPU=Intel Core i7-6700K

$369

4.Ram=Hyper X Fury DDR4 2666 16GB(2x8GB) or (4x4GB) which ever performs faster

$85

5.GPU=EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC+Gaming with ACX 2.0

$649

6.PSU=Corsair RM850X 

$119

7.CPU Cooler=Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX

$104

8.Case Fans X4=Corsair Air Series AF120mm LED Quiet Edition

$43

9.SSD=Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB

$149

10.Hard Drive=WD Black 2TB Desktop Hard Drive

$122

This comes to a cost of $2,158 

I'm planning on build like a workstation more than a server rig. And I decide to go with the Gigabyte MW50-SV0 motherboard, why, cause at the moment that I know off, is the only single CPU motherboard w/ C612 chipset that support the e5 2696 Xeon CPU that I own. I can received feedback from other brand. Also the other reason is time for me to test the CPU that I own, beside that I don't have to much of experience building server rigs I will like the opinion and advice from others on this 2 hardware match that I have done so far to use with this CPU. One the motherboard describe above and this Ram Kit KVR21R15D4K4/64, can any one confirm if this ram kit will work as quad channel on this type of motherboard. I want to get a best performance kit for this CPU, beside that I know that the ram is 2133 and the CPU can handle 2400Mz ram, most 2400Mz ram that have seen are Cas 17, the 2133 most are Cas 15. So the main question here is, are this kit quad channel? will I get the best performance having this kit setup as a quad channel on this mobo thanks for any advice.

MB: ASUS X99-Deluxe Bios 2001, CPU: I7 5960X @4.5Ghz(1.275V), GPU: EVGA 980HC @1578MhzBC, BD: Intel NVMe750(400GB), OS: Windows 8.1Pro(UEFI mode)

Reason for upgrading: I am currently using a Lenovo y50, it's a great machine, but I pre-ordered the Oculus Rift, and my y50 can't handle it. My Oculus arrives in July and my birthday is also in July, so I'll likely by parts around then.

I live in the US (so USD). 

I use a Dell u2410 as my monitor, though I do want room to add more monitors. I definitely want thunderbolt too. I also want room  to add an rgb led strip (~$30 usd)

Here is my parts list:

PCP: http://bit.ly/23oXEhp

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard:  MSI H97 GAMING 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory:  Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

GPU:  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB VR EDITION ACX 2.0+ Video Card

Case:  Cooler Master MasterCase 5 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Suply:  EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Total price: $1336.82 USD

Any suggestions for additions, subtractions or changes are helpful :)!

insert aech tee em el here or something

Hey there, i just want to ask if this is a good build that can run rainbow six siege?

Processor: A10-7870k 
Mobo: Ga-f2a88
Gpu: gtx750ti dual
RAM: 8gb kingston hyperx
Can nvidia video card and amd processor run properly?

I'm trying to help design a budget machine specifically for my brother so he can play Overwatch. Again this machine is designed to run one program. There is no operating system listed because I have no idea what version of Windows my brother wishes to get.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/CoffeeandBagels/saved/P3FzK8

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kRMRf7
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kRMRf7/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($73.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($17.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus A88XM-A Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($58.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($30.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.77 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($97.00 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($18.89 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($3.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $425.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-15 15:48 EDT-0400

Requirements for the game as he has found thus far:

Minimum (targeting 30fps):

Operating system: Windows Vista/7/ 8/10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)

Processor: Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom X3 865

Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, ATI Radeon HD 4850, or Intel HD Graphics 4400

Memory: 768 MB VRAM, 4 GB System RAM

Storage: 7200 RPM with 5 GB available HD space

Recommended (targeting 60fps on Medium settings):

Operating system: Windows Vista/7/ 8/10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)

Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom II X3, 2.8 GHz

Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or ATI Radeon HD 7950

Memory: 2 GB VRAM, 6 GB System RAM

Storage: 7200 RPM with 5 GB available HD space

Thoughts and recommendations?

Thanks!

On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 2:16 AM, Windspeed36 said:

I figured I'd make this thread to make life easier for people to give advice and feedback on your proposed system. If you add these simple answer it means we don't have to ask you all this before we can give you answers :)

1. Budget & Location

You may have listed a heap of parts that all add up to your preferred budget but it is easier if you just list the total amount you'd like to spend and the currency as well as if you'd consider going above that budget for more performance. We need the location as well because $US are different to $AUD and $CAD ect.

2. Aim

What is the system going to be used for? Web browsing, 3D work? Different systems need different levels of performance - a computer based for web browsing and office use won't handle heavy graphic design and video editing and a proper video editing system isn't good for gaming. If your aim is for gaming, please list what sort of gaming. In the same way that different usage types need different systems, you'll need a lot more power to run Far Cry 3 or Crysis 2 than you would Minecraft.

3. Monitors

How many monitors do you plan on running? Do you plan on moving to more monitors in the future? What resolution are they at too?

4. Peripherals

Do you also need to purchase peripherals such as keyboards and mice as well as monitors ect. Also please tell us if you'll need an OS such as Windows.

We ask this because you may see upgrading as the only path to solve an issue but things such as driver updates, reconfiguration or cleaning can boost performance without spending a cent.

Please copy and paste the major dot points into your thread as it makes it easier for us to give you better feedback.

Have fun and keep building :)

Ok so i want to build a unit thats great for gaming, broadcasting game play, and editing clips. Budget is 1000-2000 $US willing to go over if benefit outweighs cost. I want dual monitors ,resolution i need advice for games. Mmo, far cry, i pretty much play anygame that looks interesting to me. Upgrading, because i unfortunately have come to realize i love bulding cool stuff and making it my own and gaming, pc building combines both. But im a noob who probably posted this in the wrong spot.

Hello internet,

I am definitely new to PC building and would love some help. I have found other builds online that appear to be great for what I plan on doing. I plan to mostly use it for gaming, a little bit of video editing, and web browsing. I don't NEED to be able to use the Ultra graphics at 9000fps features either. I will only be using one monitor also. I would Like to have a $750-$900(US) budget on just the computer hardware. Not including the OS or any peripherals like mouse, keyboard or monitor. I also plan on building a case myself, with no take from the budget.

Features that seem ideal for me:

-Support for 2 graphics cards if I wish to upgrade in the future. (I think this is called SLI)

-CPU hyperthreading (I think this is good for video editing but not necessary if multiple cores?)

-16GB RAM (even though it seems that most PCs can barely make use of 12GB)

- At least 3TB of storage

My build so far:

-Motherboard-

MSI Intel Z97 LGA 1150 DDR3 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard 

Link: http://amzn.com/B00K23BW70

-CPU-

Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 

Link: http://amzn.com/B00KPRWB9G

(no hyperthreading but 4 cores)

-Graphics Card-

EVGA GeForce GTX780 SuperClocked 3GB GDDR5 384bit

Link: http://amzn.com/B00CTY84KI

-RAM-

Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s 

Link: http://amzn.com/B006YG9EEW

-Storage-

Seagate 3TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive

Link: http://amzn.com/B005T3GRLY

-Power Supply-

Corsair CX Series, CX750 Power Supply, Semi-Modular, 80+ Bronze Certified

Link: http://amzn.com/B00ALK3KEM

-Disc Drive-

Samsung 24X SATA DVD Internal Drive

link:  http://amzn.com/B00CAP9VJ4

-no SSD yet...

What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

I am building a new while re-using parts from my current one. I would love to know opinions/changes of other enthusiasts. I want a good upgrade path towards the CPU and its mainly for gaming on a Predator x34. My budget for the pc and monitor is around 3600. I am in the US.

CPU: i7 - 5820k http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402&cm_re=i7_5820k-_-19-117-402-_-Product

CPU cooler: Corsair 115i - Already have

Motherboard: MSI X99A GODlike EATX http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130878&cm_re=MSI_x99-_-13-130-878-_-Product

RAM: 32gb Avexir ddr4(I know its overkill but its the only red led ram kit I can find) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820011182&cm_re=avexir_ddr4-_-20-011-182-_-Product

SSD: Sandisk Ultra II 960gb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820173013&cm_re=sandisk_ultra_ssd-_-20-173-013-_-Product

GPU: MSI 980ti http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127889&cm_re=msi_980ti-_-14-127-889-_-Product

Case: Corsair 400c http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139072&cm_re=400c-_-11-139-072-_-Product

PSU: RM850 - Already have

Corsair red led fans - already have

Planning top add another 980 ti later and maybe a custom loop, depending on what radiators I can fit I may not include the 980 ti's. Also can't decide between windows 7 and 10

Also, can a 280 rad go in the top of the 400c? I want an owners opinion

• 2 weeks later...

Building new PC, primarily gaming, video stuff, etc. so looking to build something decently powerful. I already have a HDD and video card I'll be using from my old rig, so won't need those along with any peripherals.

I'm looking to spend around 900$, and have been thinking of a sky lake build. Any recommendations for parts considering what I'll use it for/cost efficiency would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

7 hours ago, Gjonathon said:

Building new PC, primarily gaming, video stuff, etc. so looking to build something decently powerful. I already have a HDD and video card I'll be using from my old rig, so won't need those along with any peripherals.

I'm looking to spend around 900$, and have been thinking of a sky lake build. Any recommendations for parts considering what I'll use it for/cost efficiency would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

i would add a hdd later

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fXgtxr
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fXgtxr/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.49 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($67.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($56.56 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($317.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1300 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Fractal Design Tesla R2 500W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $906.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-08 05:09 EDT-0400

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Hi, I am a newcomer and I wanted to test my plan for a gaming and pro PC: PC Part Picker.

1. Budget & Location

I planned a budget of 3000$ in the city of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

2. Aim

I want to use this PC for gaming, virtualisation and software development.

3. Monitors

I already have two computer 1080p screens.

4. Peripherals

I already have a keyword and a wireless mouse. I plan to upgrade to a mechanical keyboard.

My present PC is not up to the task to play games I want to.

Edited by CodeBeast357
Still need to evaluate what I really want.

I'm so totally confused as to how to word my post for fear that if I don't word it right it will get deleted

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Junkyard, I have a 9 yr girl who wants to make youtube videos. She is on my old gaming tower i built for WOT it is about to die.I need tec. help all this very new to me. So can you give a layout for the parts,I need to build her tower. Thank you so much for your time.

1. 2,000 under if not 3,000 top. $US. 39443 xfinity-comcast business 100.0 mbps cat 5

2. This one scares me, so try not to LOL to hard. Can I get one tower or will I need two towers? I would like to build one to do, web browing on google, skype, rec. video and gaming Far Cry 3 all at the same time.?

3. I have 2 TVs now for monitors, I like to run 3. I have no clue for resolution.

4. I am just working on the tower for now. Windows

5. I need a new set up just for my lil youtuber!!!

Hello guys 

This is my plan for my second build log

The Aim is for stable gaming 1080p high settings

Perocsessor :Intel Core i7-6700 3.4Ghz ($289
Mobo :MSI B150M NIGHT ELF (LGA1151, B150, DDR4) ($115
SSD :Avexir SSD E100 Series 240GB (R:550MB/s W:520 MB/s) ($64)
Ram :OCPC XTREME DDR4 PC17000 2133Mhz 8GB KIT (2x4GB) ($41)
Gpu :MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition ($889)
Case :Raijintek AENEAS ($95)
PSU :Corsair CX Series 600W - Bronze ($75
Cpu Fan :Cooler Master HYPER 212X TURBO ($42)

I convert from Indonesia Rupiah to USD

Overall price in USD $1610

Maybe you can advice me for this build log.. 

It cost alot..

My budget for now is only $920

I wonder if 1070 is out... 

I use 32 inch tv monitor 1080i

HD Ready 

Thanks

Edited by Rubenavisena

Ok, so my rig is ok for now but would like some advice as to what to upgrade to in the future I will be coming into some money soonish (around 500$) and would like advice on what to spend it on first. I will be using this rig for video editing and gaming primarily. Thanks.

Specifications-

CPU:intel i5 4690k 3.5 ghz overclocked 4.0 ghz.

PSU:Crosair CX series 750Watt 80+ Bronze Modular.

MOBO:Asus Z97-Z ATX DDR3

RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1600Mhz 2x(16 GB kits) 32 GB

VRAM:MSI Graphics Card r9 290x Lightning. (4GB)

SSD:Crucial 256 GB

HDD:WD Black 1TB

CASE/ CPU COOLER: Deep Cool Genome with CPU cooling pre installed.

Peripherals-

Keyboard:Redragon karura gaming keboard.

Mouse:Redragon Perdition gaming mouse.

Extra Mouse:Razer Naga

Monitors: 3x Asus 21.5 Full HD monitors.