Build Plan Thread Recommendations (Please read before posting)

1 hour ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Will work fine, and there shouldn't be any compatibility issues (theoretically). But be prepared to possibly have to update to the newest motherboard BIOS version, as this sometimes is the case to get simple upgrades/changes like this working (when mixing old hardware with new hardware; in your case, a "modern GPU" on an old motherboard). As far as it "Not having PCI Express Gen 3.0 support", that board actually does, as long as you have a "3rd Gen. Intel 22nm CPU" in it (which you do: the i5-3470). 

Thanks alot, I appreciate your post especially the good news that my build support pci gen 3

Good day!

I would like to make some upgrades to my PC which I use for gaming. Current setup:

CPU:
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core

Motherboard:
ASRock Z97M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150

RAM:
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 CL9

VGA:
Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Expedition OC

Is it worth to upgrade only VGA in such configuration if my budget is around ~600$ ? Or focus later to new PC purchase? 

Thanks in advice!

L/

• 5 months later...
30 minutes ago, Gazerious said:
Hey guys, I have a Question
i ]lan to build a TRX40 TR3990X with an RTX 3090 and AMD Radeon 6900X but it will also have AORUS Gen4 AIC SSD 8TB
what do you suggest for PCI-E cards Layout?
And please, if someone knows an AM4 Socket motherboard with PCIe 4.0 x16/x8/x16/x8 let me know

and please with which CPU i can use full power of crucial 5100 ram???????????????

This thread is merely guidance on making your own thread to get build advice.

Follow this link to make your own: https://linustechtips.com/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/?do=add