Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Windspeed36

Build Plan Thread Recommendations (Please read before posting)

Maybe list a preference of case? Cases are a very personal decision, or just list that you don't care for how it looks.

Otherwise it's a very helpful guide :) Cheers!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

We have something similar to this in some other forums I visit. It's also pretty helpful to know if they're reusing any parts, whether they want crossfire/sli and to what extent they'll be overclocking, if any.

Maybe list a preference of case? Cases are a very personal decision' date=' or just list that you don't care for how it looks. Otherwise it's a very helpful guide :) Cheers! [/quote']

We have something similar to this in some other forums I visit. It's also pretty helpful to know if they're reusing any parts' date=' whether they want crossfire/sli and to what extent they'll be overclocking, if any.[/quote']

In general, it's good if they can list any of the aforementioned, as well as any information that may be relevant.

Leaving out pieces of information such as old components you can reuse is not a good idea.

It's good to know if they have any preferences towards a company or product. That comes up pretty often when I browse through forums.

Sorry dude, there will be no biased opinions on these rigs.

We should always push to what's best for the money regardless of brand fanboyism.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

*snip* P.S - let me know if I've missed something vital

Might be a good idea to setup a template of some sort that people can copy&paste and then edit as required.

I'll PM you a suggestion

*snip* P.S - let me know if I've missed something vital
Might be a good idea to setup a template of some sort that people can copy&paste and then edit as required. I'll PM you a suggestion

ehh no need. easy enough to highlight and delete.

Case- corsair 350D
Prcessor- AMD FX 8350
Ram- Dominator Platinum 16Gb
Cooling-  Corsair  H100i , 4 SP 120
Storage- 2tb, 500Gb ssd
Motherboard- Msi 760gm-p23
Video Card- Asus GTX 670 4Gb
Power supply- Corsair HX 750w pro series
and cable sleeving

My location is The US of A, and my budget is around 2000 dollars so if there is something i ca upgrade or anything i can add to this system please feel free to say so.

The reason i am building this is because i want a powerful pc to do some moderate video editing and gaming such as far cry 3, dead island, and metro last light.

Im not a big fan of multiple monitors but i will get a 32 inch ips monitor and maybe a settings/ notes monitor.

I am upgrading because i have an " out of the box" e machines pc

I appreciate any feedback , or comments you have on my part selection. 

Man, if only you made this thread a bit sooner, I dun goofed up many of those guidelines when I made my thread a few days ago. Guess that's what I get for being impatient instead of doing the smart thing and lurkmoar.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Case- corsair 350D

Prcessor- AMD FX 8350

Ram- Dominator Platinum 16Gb

Cooling-  Corsair  H100i , 4 SP 120

Storage- 2tb, 500Gb ssd

Motherboard- Msi 760gm-p23

Video Card- Asus GTX 670 4Gb

Power supply- Corsair HX 750w pro series

and cable sleeving

My location is The US of A, and my budget is around 2000 dollars so if there is something i ca upgrade or anything i can add to this system please feel free to say so.

The reason i am building this is because i want a powerful pc to do some moderate video editing and gaming such as far cry 3, dead island, and metro last light.

Im not a big fan of multiple monitors but i will get a 32 inch ips monitor and maybe a settings/ notes monitor.

I am upgrading because i have an " out of the box" e machines pc

I appreciate any feedback , or comments you have on my part selection. 

Hey, It'll be easier to give you feedback if you make a thread but I'll deal with it here anyway. That motherboard doesn't support that CPU due to onboard power supply issues. I'd look at an Asus 990FX based board. I also wouldn't bother with Corsair Dominator RAM - it's overpriced for what it is. Any reputable 1600Mhz C9 RAM will be fine. G.Skill, Corsair etc. Also, do you really need a 500GB SSD?

Hey, It'll be easier to give you feedback if you make a thread but I'll deal with it here anyway. That motherboard doesn't support that CPU due to onboard power supply issues. I'd look at an Asus 990FX based board. I also wouldn't bother with Corsair Dominator RAM - it's overpriced for what it is. Any reputable 1600Mhz C9 RAM will be fine. G.Skill, Corsair etc. Also, do you really need a 500GB SSD?

My bad, im still trying to get used to a fourm.  First timer.  I knew the mobo wouldnt work , i just went on newegg and typed in " m atx am3+ "  and went from there.  I have a buddy that is giving me that ram, then i went and looked up the pricing....thank goodness he's giving it to me for free!  I dont need 500gb of ssd space, but over time i want to upgrade to nothing but ssd's, which i should have said in the begining:P   But thank you for your help!

If I might make a suggestion, this is how I'd format the original post of this thread.

New Post Guidelines And General Information

The following are simple steps you must take in order to receive the best help possible.

Two-Step Request Process

Step 1
- Are you buying in at least three days?

No - Make or Bump your topic at least three days before you're ready to buy.  Prices change very quickly, and deals don't last long.
Yes - Proceed to Step 2.

Step 2
- Fill in the appropriate form below.

PC Builds

- Budget:
- Zip Code or Location:
- Specific Use:
- Any preferred components?:
- Any spare parts you can re-use?:
- Overclocking your processor?:
- Need an Operating System?:
- Need a Monitor? / Mouse? / Keyboard?:
- Need a Wireless Card or Adapter?
- Need Another Component? (Specify):

Other Useful Info

- Preferred Case Features (Ex: Color, Side Window, Flashy):
- Number of Monitors:
- Other Info?:

PC Upgrades / Replacements

** You must post your current system specs.  The easiest way is to download Speccy, install it, run it, and post a screenshot of the results. **

- Budget:
- Zip Code or Location:
- Part(s) to Upgrade or Replace:

Laptops / Netbooks / Tablets / Everything Else

- Budget:
- Zip Code or Location:
- Specific Use:
- Preferred Features:

Things to Remember

1. Be nice.
- None of us get paid to help you.  (Not yet, at least....)

2. Pick a budget, and stick with it.
- Options change when budgets change, and the help you already get will be wasted.

3. If you're unsure of the help you receive, wait for others to respond.
- There are some people here who may give questionable advice.  They will eventually be weeded out.

4. We will stretch your money as far as it will go.
- However, unreasonable requests will get you unreasonable responses.

5. Don't ask for a pre-built computer.
- The only exception is if you're buying more than two computers for office use.
- You'll get better performance for your money if you buy the parts and assemble it yourself.
- If you insist on buying one, consider buying a laptop.
- If you still insist on buying one, remember that this is a Computer Building forum.

--------------------------- Building A Gaming Computer -------------------------------

So guys, I was told to build a gaming computer by my boss last week. I only have some knowledge about computer parts. So yea, My aim is to be able to play Crysis 3 in high setting with three monitor set up and high fps ( around 35 or more ) with a budget around US$2700.

CPU
Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz

$249.99

CPU Cooler
Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid

$99.99

Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming LGA 1150

$189.99

Memory
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

$68.99

Storage
Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD

$129.99

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

$84.98

Video Card
MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB

$399.99

MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB

$399.99

Case
Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower

$79.99

Case Fan
Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm

$6.49

$6.49

Power Supply
Corsair 850W ATX12V / EPS12V

$152.47

Optical Drive
LG BH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

$79.99

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

$89.98

Monitor
Asus VS247H-P 23.6"

$155.58

Asus VS247H-P 23.6"

$155.58

Asus VS247H-P 23.6"

$155.58

Keyboard
Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4

$49.99

Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Wired Optical

$39.99

Custom
SteelSeries QcK Heavy Gaming Mouse Pad

$24.99

Creative Aurvana Live Headphones

$75.72

Total: $2688.75

Therefore, I came up with these specs by taking the recommendation from people without knowing why I choose those parts. Thus, I hope you guys can tell more in detail about those part that I have chosen for the gaming computer as I will have to write a report on those part that I have chosen. I hope you guys can help me with this.

--------------------------- Building A Gaming Computer -------------------------------

So guys, I was told to build a gaming computer by my boss last week. I only have some knowledge about computer parts. So yea, My aim is to be able to play Crysis 3 in high setting with three monitor set up and high fps ( around 35 or more ) with a budget around US$2700.

CPU

Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz

$249.99

CPU Cooler

Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid

$99.99

Motherboard

MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming LGA 1150

$189.99

Memory

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

$68.99

Storage

Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD

$129.99

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

$84.98

Video Card

MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB

$399.99

MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB

$399.99

Case

Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower

$79.99

Case Fan

$6.49

$6.49

Power Supply

Corsair 850W ATX12V / EPS12V

$152.47

Optical Drive

LG BH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

$79.99

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

$89.98

Monitor

Asus VS247H-P 23.6"

$155.58

Asus VS247H-P 23.6"

$155.58

Asus VS247H-P 23.6"

$155.58

Keyboard

Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4

$49.99

Mouse

Razer DeathAdder Wired Optical

$39.99

Custom

SteelSeries QcK Heavy Gaming Mouse Pad

$24.99

Creative Aurvana Live Headphones

$75.72

Total: $2688.75

Therefore, I came up with these specs by taking the recommendation from people without knowing why I choose those parts. Thus, I hope you guys can tell more in detail about those part that I have chosen for the gaming computer as I will have to write a report on those part that I have chosen. I hope you guys can help me with this.

Your bossis making you build a gaming PC? where do you work lol? This is a nice build although i may recommend  a slightly different psu, even though the PSU you have is fantastic as well. Maybe this: Corsair HX1050

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu1050hx

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon

Well this is a build i'm going through at the moment, somethings i'm still weighing up over one another but the main of everything is below;

Case - nzxt phantom 410 (mid tower case) Black

power supply - Raidmax Hybrid 2, RX-630SS 630W Modular LED Power Supply

fans - 2x 140mm custom blue LED nzxt fans (back and front 120mm stock white fans) NOTE: May replace back and front stock white 120mm fans i have already replaced the top stock fan and added an additional 140mm nzxt fan

motherboard - asus sabertooth z87 tuf series motherboard 

gpu - Inno3D GeForce GTX 770 

cpu - (no choice yet)

cpu cooler - NZXT HAVIK Dual 120mm Fans Heatpipe CPU Cooler (SKU: HV120) 

Not the best build but due to joining the air force in some time i just want a pc that is reliable and stable (meaning i'm not looking for something insanely fast as i don't do any 3d rendering i just program)

Thanks for any feed back in advance guys :)

TASTE THE RAINBOW

1. Budget & Location
USA, Budget is about $1000, and would like to use some MSI parts...(don't ask, Long story)

2. Aim
Gaming, Light video editing and cad

3. Monitors
About 3, but two at least
4. Peripherals
I have all pf these
5. Why are you upgrading?

I want to move away from my laptop and do more intensive things.

Photography is life!

1. Budget & Location
Canada, budget is about $500 - $600, I will be purchasing my parts from ncix.com

2. Aim

Gaming, league of legends, payday 2, many new games to come

3. Monitors
don't need monitor already have one.

4. Peripherals
Already have windows 7

My computer's getting old

1. Budget & Location
Canada, budget is about $500 - $600, I will be purchasing my parts from ncix.com

2. Aim

Gaming, league of legends, payday 2, many new games to come

3. Monitors
don't need monitor already have one.

4. Peripherals
Already have windows 7

My computer's getting old

Handy; thanks Windspeed. 

CPU: FX-6300 4.4GHz, MB: ASUS M5A97 R.2GPU: XFX R9 290X, RAM: 8GB Kingston 1333MHz CL10, SSD240GB Kingston FuryX HDD: 2TB WD Green, CHASSIS: CoolerMaster HAF 912, PSU: CoolerMaster Thunder 700W, COOLER: Thermaltake Nic3.

case: corsair obsidian 350d

psu: corsair hx850

cpu: i7 4770k

motherboard: asrock z87 oc m-itx

memory: corsair vengeance 4x4gb

gpu: undetermined

hdd: wd 1tb

cooling: 2 bitfenix spectre pro red led 120 (front)

cooling: 2 bitfenix spectre pro black 140 with 280mm radiator(top)

pump: swiftech mcp655-b

reservoir: phobya balancer 250

radiator: koolance dual 140mm copper

Cpu block: koolance cpu-380i

tubing: primoflex advanced lrt 1/2" x 3/4"(blue)

compression fittings: 6 enzotech 3/8" id x 1/2" od

fluid: feser one non conductive

lighting: logisys dual 12" cold cathode(red)(front) nzxt sleeved led kit(blue)

so I'm trying to get the most out of the cpu and I'm going for a red/blue cooler theme. thought I would take out the bottom Hdd cage and use a 5.25 to 3.5 converter for the hdd so I could fit the pump and reservoir where the cage is and I thought that I could make the front glow red by fitting dual cathode's in the front on ether sides of the fans.

feedback would be nice. thanks