Fourm Speed?

orangecat

I know its not my connection but I find the fourm to be very slow. When clicking on links or updating my profile settings everything seems to lock up for a few seconds.

PS: My computer is fast its not overclocked and my connection if fast.

Same here. But this is just in Beta phase and it takes time to get it fast and stable ( I guess )

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

There's probably already a dozen threads about this - basically the current host is an NCIX 40 mb/s connection. From what I understand they want to get the server/forums perfected then move it onto a proper host because changing stuff around is a lot easier and quicker on a local machine than replacing files via FTP.

Also the number of users online as well as images - especially gifs on a page will affect load times.

There's probably already a dozen threads about this - basically the current host is an NCIX 40 mb/s connection. From what I understand they want to get the server/forums perfected then move it onto a proper host because changing stuff around is a lot easier and quicker on a local machine than replacing files via FTP. Also the number of users online as well as images - especially gifs on a page will affect load times.

Actually its currently hosted on linus' connection which is much slower, they need to move the machine over soon.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

There's probably already a dozen threads about this - basically the current host is an NCIX 40 mb/s connection.

The current host is from a home connection with 5mbps upload (500KB/s roundabouts) they are moving it to NCIX with a 40mbps (4MB/s roundabouts) in exchange for some advertising.

As per - http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/community-portal/forum-news-info/4337-migrating-to-new-hosting-tomorrow?p=4494#post4494

There's probably already a dozen threads about this - basically the current host is an NCIX 40 mb/s connection. From what I understand they want to get the server/forums perfected then move it onto a proper host because changing stuff around is a lot easier and quicker on a local machine than replacing files via FTP. Also the number of users online as well as images - especially gifs on a page will affect load times.
Actually its currently hosted on linus' connection which is much slower' date=' they need to move the machine over soon.[/quote']

As it's now the 5th for me this is correct xD

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/community-portal/forum-news-info/4337-migrating-to-new-hosting-tomorrow#post4337

As said above, they are moving the server to the NCIX hosted one today, so hopefully speeds should increase from tomorrow. There may be some downtime, if there is, think of it as a blessing. :)