Nintendo creators program forces youtubers to delete videos of competitors games if the want all benefits of the program

AlexGoesHigh

Only YT channels I can see that could be 'helped' by this would be some smaller ones like TheJWittz, TamashiiHiroka & maybe TheDex (part of ThatOneVideoGamer/The Completionist's group), since most of what they deal with in Nintendo (heavily Pokemon really) stuff...

Folks that play different games for their videos (say, a Nintendo game once a week, Minecraft thrice a week, something on Steam to fill in other slots) would be more likely to drop the Nintendo games out of their roster instead of sign up to that piece of crap.

Only YT channels I can see that could be 'helped' by this would be some smaller ones like TheJWittz, TamashiiHiroka & maybe TheDex (part of ThatOneVideoGamer/The Completionist's group), since most of what they deal with in Nintendo (heavily Pokemon really) stuff...

Folks that play different games for their videos (say, a Nintendo game once a week, Minecraft thrice a week, something on Steam to fill in other slots) would be more likely to drop the Nintendo games out of their roster instead of sign up to that piece of crap.

I don't see this "Helping" any channel, big or small. It's not like Nintendo is going to advertise your channel for you. They aren't going to give you more exposure. You'll have the same exposure as before, but you'll just be poorer.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

TotalBiscuit is right when he says that no one watches Let's Plays for the games. YouTubers get successful because of their content, because their charisma, and humour are good. The game is just the vehicle that carries this. As such, a youtuber who is good at what they do could really play any old piece of shit and it would be popular -- in fact it's not uncommon for people to go out of their way to seek out real turds and base the video around how awful it is. The point being that no one stands to gain from doing videos with content from Nintendo games apart from Nintendo; and it's Nintendo who are losing out by doing this, not the game streamers.

There's a reason I used single-sarcasm quotes there matey... -.-

It would help if "single quotes" were ubiquitous with "sarcasm" ;):P

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It would help if "single quotes" were ubiquitous with "sarcasm" ;):P

Sarcasm tag Never fails.

Nvidia is the company of the year /s.

See.

Thats easy.

Im just kidding plz dont flame me okay ?

TotalBiscuit is right when he says that no one watches Let's Plays for the games. YouTubers get successful because of their content, because their charisma, and humour are good. The game is just the vehicle that carries this. As such, a youtuber who is good at what they do could really play any old piece of shit and it would be popular -- in fact it's not uncommon for people to go out of their way to seek out real turds and base the video around how awful it is. The point being that no one stands to gain from doing videos with content from Nintendo games apart from Nintendo; and it's Nintendo who are losing out by doing this, not the game streamers.

I couldn't agree more with this. You're exactly right. YouTubers bring people to the games, not the other way around.

Someone might search for "Halo 4 Lets Play", but they sure as hell won't stick around if the Lets Player sucks or isn't funny or in some way charismatic.

Most Lets Players are annoying as fuck, and as a result, have really poor sub rates. There's a reason for this. Good YouTubers grow, or at least sustain moderately successful channels. The games they play are almost trivial.

PewDiePie could play a text adventure while shoving his thumb up his ass, and still get 10 Million views.

I guess most youtubers will just create a secondary channel for Nintendo games to follow this rules, and keep the rest of their games in their main channel.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

I guess most youtubers will just create a secondary channel for Nintendo games to follow this rules, and keep the rest of their games in their main channel.

Even following the rules, you have a very limited selection of games you're allowed to use. Not worth making a separate channel for as the majority of new titles aren't included, can't play smash bros, hyrule warriors, or bayonetta just to name a couple recent good games.

https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/whitelist/

Only 10 retail WiiU titles, 14 3DS retail titles. Think of some of your favorite nintendo games, new and old. Now search the list to see if you're nintendo's permission to play them.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I honestly did not expect this from Nintendo.

I am beyond disappointed. -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

As much as I like Nintendo for being different in the whole console race.

No. Just no. Stop it Nintendo. Stop shooting yourself in the foot.

Nintendo, you used to be my favorite, and now you act like this....why? what did we internet people ever do to deserve all this? Not only do we never get PC ports of your otherwise wonderful games, but you won't even let people review them freely and honestly....

Why?! Someone please shoot their CEO and head of Marketing, before they go under and we're stuck with only MS and Sony as the "leaders" of the gaming industry.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I had to open another Youtube channel for this shit. WHAT THE BLOODY RAZOR FILLED ANUS FUCK!?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Beginning to wonder just what it will take for Japan gamers to abandon Nintendo and join us here in the future...you know with all that online gaming and no everything being exclusive....n'stuff

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Nintendo does what SEGA don't!

Failed to load signature. Error 404 - Witty comment not found

Disgusting.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Nintendo is acting like a cornered animal, lashing out at anyone that comes near their precious intellectual property. 

b35.png

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Does Nintendo make Mario endless runners for iOS and Android?

I thought so. "SEGA do what Nintendon't!"

http://www.islabit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Sonic-Runners.png

so sad...

OK good point BUT I don't have to delete every other video on my channel to upload a SEGA one.

Anyway, yes I agree it is sad.

OK good point BUT I don't have to delete every other video on my channel to upload a SEGA one.

Anyway, yes I agree it is sad.

Some people have said that if SEGA go bust, Nintendo should buy Sonic.

Let's just say the only reason I haven't played Sonic Colo(u)rs yet is because of its exclusivity.

I just dislike anything I can't run on my GabenCore I5 processor.

If Nintendo buys Sonic:

original.gif