Nintendo creators program forces youtubers to delete videos of competitors games if the want all benefits of the program

AlexGoesHigh

pikachu.png?w=640

Nintendo just... whatever their creators program bullshit now has more bullshit like that wasn't enough

Anyways, those that want to get youtube revenue from nintendo games have to deal with the programs bullshit, and if you want the full benefits (70% cut instead of 60% and not having to submit each video manually) have to remove, and not upload video about games from other developers, doesn't matter which ea, ubi, valve, microsoft, etc. Nintendo only, and only from their whitelist, if you want to upload other games, you have to submit each nintendo video and get the 60% cut instead, also said cut is post youtube own share, so roughly 48% is what you get

Source: recode

short new is short, source just filled half the new with details of their program that we all knew and has been posted before, as far as nintendo goes, its just retarded, on one side they are making the best games they have been making in years, and on the other, well THIS, that i don't even know how to call it anymore -__-

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Wooo!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Aw crap... What's cobermani456 gonna do?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

That title is awfully long OP.

ikr, the source one sounds to clickbait

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Wow, Nintendo is going to turn into the next Ubisoft with their YouTube shit.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i remember someone posted an article about how PewDiePie ranted against this programme in his blog.....

Nintendo, you done FUCKED UP. Get your act together.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Oh yeah, we knew this already...

I don't mind it.. I still know quite a few Nintendo game only channels so yeah..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

-snipped-

lol, never mind, nintendo isn't going well it seems.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

dude, they don't force them do do that, you say it yourself.

it's free of your own choice, nothing forced up

which is why i said "if they want all benefit of the program"

Hahahahahahhahaa......this is not going to work out lol.  First off losing a few videos ain't even going to harm many youtubers because they have tons of other games they can play, tons of other games without this program. Also this program isn't going to work out because let's players play what they want and sometimes what their fans want, so if this program requires users to get rid of non nintendo games it isn't going to work.

Keep on digging holes nintendo...please make some interesting IP's and stop relying on Mario and Zelda remakes and pokemon....same for activision they need to start changing some things with COD as well....

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just why Nintendo? I liked you for games back on the N64 and DS, and your spoiling that, you are making it extremely hard to like you any more. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

which is why i said "if they want all benefit of the program"

that was also in the title? sorry my mistake, title was bigger then i thought.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

dude, they don't force them do do that, you say it yourself.

it's free of your own choice, nothing forced up

The fact that they are taking any cut at all is ridiculous. They're taking a cut of profits for free advertising. You can bet your ass that when someone like PewDiePie plays a game, thousands of his followers will go buy the game that otherwise wouldn't have.

TB (TotalBiscuit) sees the same thing. When he does a video on a game, there is a spike in sales right after, even if the game isn't new, or has been out for a while.

YouTubers in general have a vastly positive influence on game sales, especially if those games are great. And guess what? Usually, Nintendo games are great! Nintendo needs to get its head out of its ass and get with the times. They're essentially acting like Comcast. Yeah, I went there.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The fact that they are taking any cut at all is ridiculous. They're taking a cut of profits for free advertising. You can bet your ass that when someone like PewDiePie plays a game, thousands of his followers will go buy the game that otherwise wouldn't have.

TB (TotalBiscuit) sees the same thing. When he does a video on a game, there is a spike in sales right after, even if the game isn't new, or has been out for a while.

YouTubers in general have a vastly positive influence on game sales, especially if those games are great. And guess what? Usually, Nintendo games are great! Nintendo needs to get its head out of its ass and get with the times. They're essentially acting like Comcast. Yeah, I went there.

Last time I checked (and it's probably not changed since then) PewDiePie was the most watched channel on YouTube. When he plays a game, most gamers in the world see it. TotalBiscuit is in a position where his voice is possibly the review that is listened to and taken seriously.

I'm tearing my hair out at Nintendo, really, going out of their way to alienate their market. For over a year most people genuinely thought that the Wii U was just the controller. For over a year people thought that the Wii U had no games out for it yet. Jesus fucking Christ the system very nearly failed and took the company down with it because their own marketing was somewhere between non-existent and utterly atrocious! Nintendo need to get their games reviewed, and played on YouTube and just OUT THERE and they're being dragged into sales kicking and screaming.

Nintendo, you done FUCKED UP. Get your act together.

It then became apparent that brownninja97 is AngryJoe

Why Nintendo....... Just why.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Last time I checked (and it's probably not changed since then) PewDiePie was the most watched channel on YouTube. When he plays a game, most gamers in the world see it. TotalBiscuit is in a position where his voice is possibly the review that is listened to and taken seriously.

I'm tearing my hair out at Nintendo, really, going out of their way to alienate their market. For over a year most people genuinely thought that the Wii U was just the controller. For over a year people thought that the Wii U had no games out for it yet. Jesus fucking Christ the system very nearly failed and took the company down with it because their own marketing was somewhere between non-existent and utterly atrocious! Nintendo need to get their games reviewed, and played on YouTube and just OUT THERE and they're being dragged into sales kicking and screaming.

Precisely! PewDiePie is by far the largest YouTube channel there is. TB is probably the most well respected "reviewer" (though he personally doesn't like that term) of games out there.

These are the people whom Nintendo should be courting. Not throwing them under the damn bus.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I said this in the other thread (and countless times before), Nintendo doesn't understand the online age at all. 

Nintendo, the company who had 2 generations of PSN and 3 generations of XBL to look at and figure out how to make it work. Nintendo, who doesn't understand product marketing and came up with the stupidest console name of all time. As stupid as the Xbox One was, MS marketed that thing hard and let everyone know it was new. Nintendo? Happy to let people think it was just a Wii addon.

Nintendo doesn't understand todays age and how to market it. We market for them! All these Lets Plays and reviews only help Nintendo and get more fans to buy their stuff. All these YouTube channels have only benefitted Nintendo. Now they think they can get greedy and take a cut from everyones pie? 

Jesus. This company can't possibly be this ass backwards...

I said this in the other thread (and countless times before), Nintendo doesn't understand the online age at all. 

Nintendo, the company who had 2 generations of PSN and 3 generations of XBL to look at and figure out how to make it work. Nintendo, who doesn't understand product marketing and came up with the stupidest console name of all time. As stupid as the Xbox One was, MS marketed that thing hard and let everyone know it was new. Nintendo? Happy to let people think it was just a Wii addon.

Nintendo doesn't understand todays age and how to market it. We market for them! All these Lets Plays and reviews only help Nintendo and get more fans to buy their stuff. All these YouTube channels have only benefitted Nintendo. Now they think they can get greedy and take a cut from everyones pie? 

Jesus. This company can't possibly be this ass backwards...

all i wanna know if these marketing decisions were made in their japanese HQ or NoA, NoA is just their us base, but considering that was the branch that kickstarted nintendo to succeed outside japan, those executive must have some voice in the grand scheme of things

It is Nintendo Japan that take decisions, sadly.

Reggie Fils-Aimé, despite how awesome he is, has no real power, and can only do his best with what he is given.

Nintendo follows the old Japanese business model, which is popularly used in Japan (as you can imagine), as it is a model that pushed Japan economy from what it is today.

Those that differ from it (Sony for example), aren't doing so well sadly, giving a bad example for Japanese companies, and reinforce in sticking to the old ways.

Japan business model is as follows:

-> If someone is not happy at any level above the one that came up with the idea, it won't happen, even if it just 1 person. It follows that a great idea should convince everyone to allow it.

-> Control. Control everything you can. If something you can't control, it can lead to failure. WiiU low sales figures, despite making Nintendo stay afloat and doing OK, is making Nintendo push to control more things. I think it is because they are not sure why the WiiU is not doing well. Maybe they see that bad things are being said, maybe they think that people watch video games instead of playing them... who knows. To me it shows that the executives are panicking and don't have confidence.

That is also why they don't do an E3 event. Because they are tired that a lot of information is miss communicated by the press (not help that Nintendo is not great at conveying information)

This is a train wreck. Good thing I don't watch any videos about Nintendo games.