FCC will apply net neutrality to mobile

SmittyShmee

"Using this authority, I am submitting to my colleagues the strongest open internet protections ever proposed by the FCC. These enforceable, bright-line rules will ban paid prioritization, and the blocking and throttling of lawful content and services. I propose to fully apply—for the first time ever—those bright-line rules to mobile broadband. My proposal assures the rights of internet users to go where they want, when they want, and the rights of innovators to introduce new products without asking anyone’s permission."

- Tom Wheeler

Link to Article

Im cautiously optimistic they'll apply something like this to everything else... but im guessing they haven't yet because they still fear being sued...

woho !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Should we all start taking bets as to whether or not this will pass?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

if i was obama i would just pass an executive action making internet title 2, which would give the fcc the ability to tell Comcast and Verizon (and others) to shut the fuck up and comply or get fined

Should we all start taking bets as to whether or not this will pass?

I want it to but I'm predicting it won't. ISPs will spend hard to make sure of it. 

if i was obama i would just pass an executive action making internet title 2, which would give the fcc the ability to tell Comcast and Verizon (and others) to shut the fuck up and comply or get fined

He can't. It would never make it through. He has no power to do that anyways. The POTUS actually can't do much, contrary to what people think about the position. It has a rather substantial lack of real power. 

I want it to but I'm predicting it won't. ISPs will spend hard to make sure of it. 

He can't. It would never make it through. He has no power to do that anyways. The POTUS actually can't do much, contrary to what people think about the position. It has a rather substantial lack of real power. 

but it would at least start a full debate on it

1. Agreed.

2. For instance, the lack of authority to investigate rampant corruption in congress....apparently. (on all sides, not just D or R)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I want it to but I'm predicting it won't. ISPs will spend hard to make sure of it. He can't. It would never make it through. He has no power to do that anyways. The POTUS actually can't do much, contrary to what people think about the position. It has a rather substantial lack of real power. 

I want to believe this will make it through... but I'm expecting a lot of resistance.