Samsung Galaxy S6 chassis leaked ? (all metal ,but non-removable back, very simiIlar to the Phone 6)

Nineshadow

Ever heard of the Phablet? Samsungs creation?

Did I ever say that Apple is not copying Samsung? I completely acknowledge that Samsung was one of the first companies that had a successful phablet and every other phone companies started following them, even Apple. All I meant is that all smartphones don't have to have the same look and it is obviously unfair that some people think that those companies are not copying each other's design to some degree wether it is Apple, Samsung, HTC, Oppo...

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

and? where can you go with phones right now?

I have no idea, I'm not a phone designer but I'm sure there are plenty of people who had the same thought before smartphones were popular and look at where we are now. I believe that there is still room for innovation but its just that no one found it yet

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

You wut m8? How old is this thread. Feels like ages old.

...you don't have to quote the whole thing, delete the text and use -snip-. So much wasted space!

Nice retort though.

its not one thing that makes it look like the iphone.....its not the placement top bottom middle whatever. its the whole god dam styling.  samsung are taking huge hits in there in thier profits whilst apple are setting records, literally setting records, and with only 3 or 4 phones and with their tablet sales slowing down too. apple are one of, if not the leader in phones right now...deal with it. the come up with great products over and over again.  its ok for companies to take there design cues from other companies, and to use features that work like touch screen, cameras in phones, music players in phones, touch id, nfc payment etc, its what pushes industries forward and is better for the consumer.  i have a problem with companies just copying an idea and not adding anything of their own to it and the same goes for styling.

Are they the leader in profits? Yes.

Are they the leader in overall sales? No.

Are they the leader in customer service? No.

Are they the leader in market presence? No.

Ok, fine, but what exactly did they copy here? Hmmm, rounded edges? Sony did the same thing. No one bitched.

USB port placement? Seems to make sense that it's on the bottom, like 90% of phones, no?

Headphone placement? It makes the most sense on the bottom. It makes no sense on the sides, back, and it's a pain on the top. It's the logical place for it. You don't cry foul when the volume buttons are on the side, now do you? No. Because that's where it makes sense to have them.

There's a speaker on the bottom. They drilled holes to get the sound out. How else would they accomplish that? Hell Samsung even went the extra distance to drill MORE holes.

Aluminum? People have been asking for that for ages.

No one complained when Apple copied the HTC One, which was the first all aluminum body. Samsung does something like this and everyone cries.

Did I ever say that Apple is not copying Samsung? I completely acknowledge that Samsung was one of the first companies that had a successful phablet and every other phone companies started following them, even Apple. All I meant is that all smartphones don't have to have the same look and it is obviously unfair that some people think that those companies are not copying each other's design to some degree wether it is Apple, Samsung, HTC, Oppo...

Yes but you have to admit there are only so many ways you can design a slab of metal and glass.

Rounded corners make the phone nicer to hold. Sony followed that, HTC did as well. Samsung does it and people cry.

You have to have holes for the sound to come out. If they put front facing speakers, people would cry.

Do you see what I'm getting at here? Samsung does things and all people do is bitch, even if others had used the ideas before them (Sony and HTC for example in regards to front facing speakers).

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

-snip-

i feel like you dint read anything i posted and just went full rant ....im not repeating myself, ive said all that needs to be said if you cant see what im saying then.....oh well

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Apple stole the chassis for the iphone 6 from the Xperia Z3.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Welp, never can buy another samsung again then, I only buy phones with removable batteries, lets hope LG keeps it up with the removable batteries then

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Yes but you have to admit there are only so many ways you can design a slab of metal and glass.

Rounded corners make the phone nicer to hold. Sony followed that, HTC did as well. Samsung does it and people cry.

You have to have holes for the sound to come out. If they put front facing speakers, people would cry.

Do you see what I'm getting at here? Samsung does things and all people do is bitch, even if others had used the ideas before them (Sony and HTC for example in regards to front facing speakers).

I guess that's kind of Samsung's problem that they are trying to change what they were known for from the start, right from the beginning, Samsung established a look for itself that screamed "Samsung" and people liked it and it might be a shock to some people to see them change their design.

Before you tell me that Apple for someone else did the same thing and everyone liked it, all I can say is that I don't know how they did it but if I were to make a guess, I'm going to use the example of the Iphone 6 here, I feel like it's a case of Apple believing that they knew what was best for their customers and decided to take the risk of changing the phone's design and then forcefully ramming it down their customers' throat and then although a part of their customers were ranting about how the new design sucked with bendgate this and low battery life that, people eventually got used to it and liked it.

I think Samsung's problem is that they are trying to please way too many people at once and ending up at not pleasing anyone at all by making something that feels unoriginal and un-Samsung-like 

| --- My Stuff --- |

They are going to get sued by apple if this is real......

For using CNC machines?

Afaik Apple doesn't have a phone that's all metal. The front (under the glass) is still plastic and their first phone that used Metal, Iphone 4s just on the sides isn't even worth mentioning, is the iphone 5. The HTC one S was earlier with a unibody chassis.

I hope not. If my dad gets me an SIII like I hope, I don't want Samsung to get their dicks sued off.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Another iPhone ripoff... typical of sameshit... #notgettinganote4anymore

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Before you tell me that Apple for someone else did the same thing and everyone liked it, all I can say is that I don't know how they did it but if I were to make a guess, I'm going to use the example of the Iphone 6 here, I feel like it's a case of Apple believing that they knew what was best for their customers and decided to take the risk of changing the phone's design and then forcefully ramming it down their customers' throat and then although a part of their customers were ranting about how the new design sucked with bendgate this and low battery life that, people eventually got used to it and liked it.

Those blue-shirted Apple sales Nazis walked right out into the street in broad daylight and began ramming their flagship smartphone down the throats of unsuspecting pedestrians, muffling their screams.

The bodies lay in the streets for days, the air rife with the ironically happy melody of the "Marimba" ringtone. It wasn't long before every Android and Windows Phone user on the face of the planet was suffocating to death on 5mm thick slabs of machined 6061 aluminum and Gorilla Glass.

What a tragedy.

(fyi, nobody was forced to buy the iPhone 6, and the 70 million+ people that did probably liked the design or they wouldn't have purchased it.)

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

(fyi, nobody was forced to buy the iPhone 6, and the 70 million+ people that did probably liked the design or they wouldn't have purchased it.)

Bull shit, you know perfectly well that Tim cook personally held a gun to the heads of 70M people and told them to buy a new phone. :P:D

It's just a phone people, save your anger for a real problem, you know like social justice or the minimum wage or something.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's just a phone people, save your anger for a real problem, you know like social justice or the minimum wage or something.

Careful...them's fightin' words 'round these pahts.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Bull shit, you know perfectly well that Tim cook personally held a gun to the heads of 70M people and told them to buy a new phone. :P:D

I still have night terrors of Tim's face when he nearly pulled the trigger.