Samsung Galaxy S6 chassis leaked ? (all metal ,but non-removable back, very simiIlar to the Phone 6)

Nineshadow

Yeah, how dare Samsung have the microUSB port in the center, the headphone jack on the bottom and the speaker in the only place on the bottom where there is any room left?! Clearly they should have not had any speakers at all!

Oh c'mon man, just look at the pictures. I know it needs a microUSB port and a speaker, but there's no denying that the leaked frame looks very similar to the iphone 6. I'd normally be with you here, I agree that too many people call everything an iphone copy, but this is just too obvious. The rounded shape, the drilled speaker holes... you can't tell me you don't see the similarity.

Apple will probably sue Samsung again if this ends up being the design. And you know what? They will be right. Samsung really overdid the fuck out of it this time.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Well now you're just being hypocritical. There is quite a difference from between a market leader adopting new technologies and smaller companies copying in suit not to be left behind. 

The last part of your paragraph is now arguing for my point so I'm not quite sure what your stance is anymore. 

I am not following you here, is it Apple that's the small company or is it Google and Samsung? All three are pretty big companies as far as I know. What we are talking about aren't new technologies either. They are really old ones.

The last part is not arguing for your point. You are saying "these are similarities so therefore Samsung is copying Apple" while I am saying "just because they share similarities does not mean one copied the other".

Oh c'mon man, just look at the pictures. I know it needs a microUSB port and a speaker, but there's no denying that the leaked frame looks very similar to the iphone 6. I'd normally be with you here, I agree that too many people call everything an iphone copy, but this is just too obvious. The rounded shape, the drilled speaker holes... you can't tell me you don't see the similarity.

Yes I see the similarities. I also see other similarities such as the ear piece being placed above the screen, the screen being in the middle, the camera is on the back etc...

Similarities != copying

Yes I see the similarities. I also see other similarities such as the ear piece being placed above the screen, the screen being in the middle, the camera is on the back etc...

Similarities != copying

I mean visual similarities, not technical ones. 

I like how we only have a picture of the inside of the back and people are already calling it an iPhone copy... I am really starting to get sick of people who say that about everything. The only way to make a phone not "look like an iPhone" would be to make the screen round or triangular. The same goes to you people who are saying the iPhone 6 looks like the HTC One line. No shit it does, it's a rectangle with rounded corners. Give me any example of a phone and I will be able to give you a very long list of similarities between it and an iPhone, or the HTC One, or some Samsung phone. The shapes of them will always been roughly the same because it is the best way to make them (and we have been making them in this shape long before smartphones existed).

Anyway about the phone, fuck Samsung if they do this. I don't want form over function and this is a prime example of it. Sacrificing very useful features for "muh build quality" bullshit. What disturbs me even more than OEMs thinking it is acceptable is that people are praising manufacturers like HTC for removing functionality and features.

LoopPay seemed pretty interesting until I realized I pretty much never use the magnet strip on my card. I have a card with PIN+Chip and this would not work with that, so useless for me.

Yeah, how dare Samsung have the microUSB port in the center, the headphone jack on the bottom and the speaker in the only place on the bottom where there is any room left?! Clearly they should have not had any speakers at all!

The iPhone does not have any bands there. The similarities are:

1) The port is in the middle.

2) Both are rounded.

3) Both has speakers.

4) Both are made out of the same material.

So you are asking them to:

1) Put the port on the left or right side, for no apparent reason.

2) Make it square (which is more uncomfortable to hold). Samsung also had phones with rounded bottoms long before Apple, so I don't see why Samsung should change just because Apple started doing it.

3) Have the speaker on the back again (which people have been complaining about for ages).

4) Change back to plastic, but then it would be a "cheap iPhone" copy...

dude you have to be iether blind or obtuse not to see the blatant rip off here. i showed the mrs a pic of the s6, bearing in mind that she is not very tech savy, i asked her what this...instantly "new iphone already"  the i phone has the bands on the side not the bottom but other than that ist a blatant rip off there even the same colours.  

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Similarities != copying

Then again they added some pretty useless features from the iPhone as well, such as the fingerprint thing, SamsungPay, etc.. I agree with you that people need to stop the "hurrdurr copied apple" crap, but you need to realise there is much more similarities between the iP6 and the S6 then there were for example between the 5th gen or 4th gen of these devices :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Now that I think about it. This is not surprising at all. HTC has been copying iPhone designs with phones since the M7 (antennae bands, chamfered edges, two tone flash, etc).

Huh?

The M7 has the bands going all across the back as a single line, the iPhone 5 has 2 big patches on the back instead.  Only on the iPhone 6 do I see a similarity, but that was introduced more than a year after the M7 went on sale.  In fact the M7 was already discontinued at that point and replaced with the M8. 

As for chamfering, that's almost the only way to have such large screens without making the phone overly bulky.  It's hard to tell how wide the edge must be to talk about chamfering.  I reckon that the HTC Evo 4G LTE had chamfered edges, and that's quite a bit older than the iPhone 5.

The only valid point I could give is the two-tone flash ... but then again they stole the basic idea from the Sony Ericsson C905, which had a proper white flash above the lens and a triple LED flash next to it.

My Grandmother (who loves Samsung for whatever reason) looked at the Galaxy Alpha I was trying to get her to upgrade to from her S3 and said she didn't like it because, I quote, "it looks too much like an iPhone".

I can't wait until she sees this.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Lets be honest, everyone copies everyone. Always. Especially these days when certain design aspects can't be avoided. Like in supercars, sometimes you HAVE to design something one particular way whether due to handling needs or aero needs or whatever; only so much you can do to over-engineer a specific design that works very well. 

Who cares. Lets judge the phone on it being an actual phone, whenever it launches. How about that? Can we try that? For all we know, the S6 could be a sucker punch to the Android market? It could be a complete pile of crap? WE DON'T KNOW.

yea that is not what the galaxy s6 will look ilke

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Pretty sure that was the point. Anywho, ugh, hardware buttons.

Seriously.

I mean visual similarities, not technical ones. 

The things I listed are visual similarities.

dude you have to be iether blind or obtuse not to see the blatant rip off here. i showed the mrs a pic of the s6, bearing in mind that she is not very tech savy, i asked her what this...instantly "new iphone already"  the i phone has the bands on the side not the bottom but other than that ist a blatant rip off there even the same colours.  

I don't really see how some non-tech interested person mistakenly thinks one phone is a new iPhone means that phone is a copy-cat. I mean, if she really thought it was a new iPhone then obviously it is different enough that even she didn't mistake it for an actual iPhone, right? Because if she did then she wouldn't have asked if it was a new iPhone, bur rather she would just have gone "why are you showing me a picture of the iPhone 6?". There were plenty of people who thought the HTC One M7 was a new iPhone as well, but that doesn't mean the HTC One M7 looked like the iPhone 5S right?

Not sure if I explained that properly but hopefully you will understand what I mean.

"even the same color"? That's what aluminum looks like. Don't tell me only Apple should be allowed to use non-painted aluminum from now on...

Then again they added some pretty useless features from the iPhone as well, such as the fingerprint thing, SamsungPay, etc.. I agree with you that people need to stop the "hurrdurr copied apple" crap, but you need to realise there is much more similarities between the iP6 and the S6 then there were for example between the 5th gen or 4th gen of these devices :)

Well Samsung Pay appears to work completely differently so I don't really see how that's "copying Apple".

Yes there are more similarities. I am not denying that at all. But let's look at what the new similarities are:

*Made out of aluminum - Something a huge amount of people have requested, and using that as a material is hardly what I'd call "copying Apple". I mean, is Toyota "copying Ford" because their cards are partially made out of steel, just like the model T? If it was some really special material that barely anyone else used and it didn't really offer any benefits then I'd agree that it was kind of copying. But here we got "let's use one of the most common and widely used materials on Earth" "baww brand X also uses that material! Stop copying them!".

*Speaker on the bottom - Hardly something Apple is alone in doing, and it is functionally far better than having it on the back.

*Headphone jack on the bottom - Again, not something Apple are alone with doing and some people claim that is it functionally better.

*Rounded the front of the corner as well (the back was already rounded off on their previous devices) - I guess this is one thing you can say they "copied".

That's hardly enough for me to call it an "iPhone copy". And let's not forget that these are leaked images of a disassemble phone. We don't know how it will look fully put together. I wouldn't be surprised if it looked very similar to those pictures, because every phone looks more or less like that.

My Grandmother (who loves Samsung for whatever reason) looked at the Galaxy Alpha I was trying to get her to upgrade to from her S3 and said she didn't like it because, I quote, "it looks too much like an iPhone".

I can't wait until she sees this.

Good thing she didn't get it. The Alpha was pretty shitty.

snip

For what she uses phones for (facebook and texting), the Alpha is fine for a 63 year old non-tech-savvy woman who's already using a GS3.

If you can't see how this looks like an iPhone, I'm sorry, I can't help you.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I don't really see how some non-tech interested person mistakenly thinks one phone is a new iPhone means that phone is a copy-cat. I mean, if she really thought it was a new iPhone then obviously it is different enough that even she didn't mistake it for an actual iPhone, right? Because if she did then she wouldn't have asked if it was a new iPhone, bur rather she would just have gone "why are you showing me a picture of the iPhone 6?". There were plenty of people who thought the HTC One M7 was a new iPhone as well, but that doesn't mean the HTC One M7 looked like the iPhone 5S right?

Not sure if I explained that properly but hopefully you will understand what I mean.

"even the same color"? That's what aluminum looks like. Don't tell me only Apple should be allowed to use non-painted aluminum from now on...

the fact that she mistook it for any iphone is enough.  in a court thats what they would be looking for and lets face it thats were this will end up.  the speaker holes, the design of the usb port, the position ing of the 3.5 jack and the style of the antenna break points are all very iphone esque. me thinks that samsung may be in hot water if this is indeed the s6.  FYI the iphones aluminium is coloured and i was referring to the the plastic antenna breaks.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

case looks great though ,I wish they had spigen working on the phone's design.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

The things I listed are visual similarities.

Whatever man. If you really don't think they look at all similar then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. There's enough metal-framed phones that don't look like an iPhone.

If you can't see how this looks like an iPhone, I'm sorry, I can't help you.

Whatever man. If you really don't think they look at all similar then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. There's enough metal-framed phones that don't look like an iPhone.

For like the fifth time, I can see lots of similarities between it and the iPhone. I can see a lot of similarities between any two smartphones as well. Similarities does not equal copying though.

still needs front facing speakers and better battery life

Now that I think about it. This is not surprising at all. HTC has been copying iPhone designs with phones since the M7 (antennae bands, chamfered edges, two tone flash, etc).

This S6 harks back more to the iPhone 4 days with a metal chassis and glass front and back. It's like Samsung had a threesome with the GS5, iPhone 4, and iPhone 6.

Antennae bands have been in every metal device with wireless pretty much ever.

Chamfered edges aren't owned by apple

Two tone flash has been an industry standard forever. 

Please get off your high horse, apple didn't invent any of this

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

the fact that she mistook it for any iphone is enough.  in a court thats what they would be looking for and lets face it thats were this will end up.  the speaker holes, the design of the usb port, the position ing of the 3.5 jack and the style of the antenna break points are all very iphone esque. me thinks that samsung may be in hot water if this is indeed the s6.  FYI the iphones aluminium is coloured and i was referring to the the plastic antenna breaks.

The speaker holes are the same? It's just a bunch of holes. Speakers need holes in order to let sound out. I guess they could have made the holes rectangular but that would have been far more expensive (ever tried drilling a square shape?) and not had any practical benefit.

The design of the USB port is a standard from the USB implementation forum. The only way to make it look less like the iPhone would be to not use USB (which would be breaking the law in the EU).

There are only 2 sensible places to put the 3.5mm headphone jack. The top of the phone and the bottom of the phone. What's Samsung going to do, always put the headphone jack on the top for the sole purpose of being different from Apple? I guess HTC are copying Apple as well because that has the headphone jack on the bottom as well...

"The style of the antenna break points" are iPhone esque? It's just a strip of plastic. I really can't think of any other way to make it, unless you do like on the original iPhone and just have a huge part of the back be plastic. Please tell me how to give the radios a window on an aluminum body that doesn't look like that. On top of Apple not being first with it (HTC did it on the M7 before Apple), they aren't even in the same location. The strips are on the bottom.

If the iPhone's aluminum body is colored then it's colored in the same color as aluminum. Just Google some images of aluminum and you will see that it is that exact color. I wouldn't be surprised if the part shown in the images are fresh of the CNC machine and are completely untreated.

For like the fifth time, I can see lots of similarities between it and the iPhone. I can see a lot of similarities between any two smartphones as well. Similarities does not equal copying though.

There are similarities yes between any phones but still...this still is pretty similar to the IPhone 6.

"Oh, because it has bottom speakers?"

No...just overall, it resembles the IPhone 6.

I mean...look at Sony's design line.

xperia-z3-black-1240x840-5982fbdd5a71f8b

That's original.

Or the LG G3.

LG-G3-1.jpg

OnePlus One

composition-main.jpg

HTC's M8 which started all this metal thing.

main-1.jpg

Nexus 6 (Motorola) - which has metal edges btw, but their design are totally different than the IPhone 6

nexus-6-hero.png

They're all different.

This is just...a combination of Samsung and Apple design.

iphone61-02.jpg?1384968217Supposed-chassis-of-the-Galaxy-S6-and-ca

There are differences, yes, but they're rather subtle.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

There's no denying that at least the usb port hole looks exactly like the one in the 5s.