Samsung Galaxy S6 chassis leaked ? (all metal ,but non-removable back, very simiIlar to the Phone 6)

Nineshadow

Supposed-chassis-of-the-Galaxy-S6-and-ca

If you thought those rounded corners, thin chassis and taller home button in the leaked Galaxy S6 schematics resemble theiPhone 6 design paradigm, it's because the retail handset indeed does, tips Korean media today. The new flagship Galaxy is said to come with a sealed unibody metal casing, but with use of glass material both for the front and the back, too. As one executive at a parts supplier puts it today: "The Galaxy S6 will make its debut in two versions ― flat and rounded screens. It will have a metal build, which will make it look even more like Apple's latest models." Ouch.

Design is not the only thing Samsung might have in common with Apple's newest handsets, though, as today's publication reconfirms what we've been hearing for a while - that a technology called Samsung Pay will be embedded in the phone, similar to what Apple did last year. Samsung's solution, however, might be based on magnetic emitting that mimics your credit card, so it will potentially be accepted in 10 million points of sale without retooling of existing machines, while Apple Pay is currently encompassing about 200 thousand spots. Here's how LoopPay, on which Samsung Pay will allegedly be based, works.

Samsung has apparently ditched the plans to only offer a dual-edged screen with the Galaxy S6 due to the yet-insufficient yield of curved glass panels, that is why analysts peg the sales of the "flat" screen S6 at about 40 million, while the S6 Edge would be produced in a "limited" 10 million batch, if all goes to forecasts. The screen will be with a 5.1" diagonal, perhaps the same Quad HD Super AMOLED display that made a debut in Korea on the Galaxy S5 LTE-A last year. A Samsung Exynos chipset will be powering the S6, claim the insiders, with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 810 eventually picking up the slack after its production issues have been resolved in the spring.

Last but not least, for the first time we are hearing something more concrete about the battery in the Galaxy S6. A slim sealed unibody handset crafted out of metal is a grand departure from the current flexible design of the Galaxy line, which offers replaceable battery solutions. That is why Samsung has allegedly placed a big emphasis on the volume/capacity ratio, and the life span of the Galaxy S6's juicer. Allegedly, the battery will be smaller in size and run cooler than the current editions, at the same time providing a similar capacity. Here's the exact quote:

Batteries will be embedded in S6 as Samsung is putting more focus on strengthening the safety of batteries by replacing the flammable liquid electrolytes of conventional lithium-ion cells with improved polymer electrolyte cells, which are non-flammable and non-volatile.

The Galaxy S6 will be unveiled a day before the MWC expo officially starts, on March 1st, as it customary for Samsung now, and the company will eventually have its Vice Chairman Lee Jae-yong joining the party. We, as usual, will be there live, and relay to you all the excitement and initial impressions that the new Galaxy flagship will bring.

Galaxy-S6-to-look-a-lot-like-iPhone-6-co
A-host-of-unconfirmed-new-images-show-us

And here are some renders with a case....

SOURCE

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My thoughts? It looks a lot like an IPhone 6.But still...we'll see.

The text is LTT orange because night theme is a bitch.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

My thoughts? It looks a lot like an IPhone 6.

Pretty sure that was the point. Anywho, ugh, hardware buttons.

Samsung seems to copy everything Apple now. The metal unibody, the fingerprint sensor, and even their own pay system (rumored), all based off something patented by Apple.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

God damn it dark theme.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I personally like it, but I'll miss the removable back. Not everything with a metal frame is an iphone copy.

I personally like it, but I'll miss the removable back. Not everything with a metal frame is an iphone copy.

The way it looks makes it an iphone copy. Really,look at the bottom.

God damn it night theme. 

Why the heck doesn't automatic color work... jeez.

I have to copy all the text without formatting then format it again. -.-

What the fuck...I pasted the text without formatting but it's still black.

I have no idea what to do anymore.

Have fun black theme users.

It also looks stupid on day theme. White on light grey is almost unreadable.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It also looks stupid on day theme. White on light grey is almost unreadable.

Guess I'll just make it blue or something.

LTT orange.

Perfect.

The way it looks makes it an iphone copy. Really,look at the bottom.

Oh, ok. Hadn't seen that picture. If that's what it really ends up looking like then fuck samsung. That's a shameless ripoff and nobody likes those. 

God damn it night theme. 

Why the heck doesn't automatic color work... jeez.

I have to copy all the text without formatting then format it again. -.-

What the fuck...I pasted the text without formatting but it's still black.

I have no idea what to do anymore.

Have fun black theme users.

Looks fine on night theme. Not all is the usual white, but reading it is fine :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Taking photos in the restroom... The bottom of the phone with the speaker grill, bands, and rounded edge makes it look too much like an iphone.

Wooo! Now spoilers are broken.

I like how we only have a picture of the inside of the back and people are already calling it an iPhone copy... I am really starting to get sick of people who say that about everything. The only way to make a phone not "look like an iPhone" would be to make the screen round or triangular. The same goes to you people who are saying the iPhone 6 looks like the HTC One line. No shit it does, it's a rectangle with rounded corners. Give me any example of a phone and I will be able to give you a very long list of similarities between it and an iPhone, or the HTC One, or some Samsung phone. The shapes of them will always been roughly the same because it is the best way to make them (and we have been making them in this shape long before smartphones existed).

Anyway about the phone, fuck Samsung if they do this. I don't want form over function and this is a prime example of it. Sacrificing very useful features for "muh build quality" bullshit. What disturbs me even more than OEMs thinking it is acceptable is that people are praising manufacturers like HTC for removing functionality and features.

LoopPay seemed pretty interesting until I realized I pretty much never use the magnet strip on my card. I have a card with PIN+Chip and this would not work with that, so useless for me.

Oh, ok. Hadn't seen that picture. If that's what it really ends up looking like then fuck samsung. That's a shameless ripoff and nobody likes those. 

Yeah, how dare Samsung have the microUSB port in the center, the headphone jack on the bottom and the speaker in the only place on the bottom where there is any room left?! Clearly they should have not had any speakers at all!

Taking photos in the restroom... The bottom of the phone with the speaker grill, bands, and rounded edge makes it look too much like an iphone.

The iPhone does not have any bands there. The similarities are:

1) The port is in the middle.

2) Both are rounded.

3) Both has speakers.

4) Both are made out of the same material.

So you are asking them to:

1) Put the port on the left or right side, for no apparent reason.

2) Make it square (which is more uncomfortable to hold). Samsung also had phones with rounded bottoms long before Apple, so I don't see why Samsung should change just because Apple started doing it.

3) Have the speaker on the back again (which people have been complaining about for ages).

4) Change back to plastic, but then it would be a "cheap iPhone" copy...

I like how we only have a picture of the inside of the back and people are already calling it an iPhone copy... I am really starting to get sick of people who say that about everything. The only way to make a phone not "look like an iPhone" would be to make the screen round or triangular. The same goes to you people who are saying the iPhone 6 looks like the HTC One line. No shit it does, it's a rectangle with rounded corners. Give me any example of a phone and I will be able to give you a very long list of similarities between it and an iPhone, or the HTC One, or some Samsung phone. The shapes of them will always been roughly the same because it is the best way to make them (and we have been making them in this shape long before smartphones existed).

Anyway about the phone, fuck Samsung if they do this. I don't want form over function and this is a prime example of it. Sacrificing very useful features for "muh build quality" bullshit. What disturbs me even more than OEMs thinking it is acceptable is that people are praising manufacturers like HTC for removing functionality and features.

Yeah, how dare Samsung have the microUSB port in the center, the headphone jack on the bottom and the speaker in the only place on the bottom where there is any room left?! Clearly they should have not had any speakers at all!

The iPhone does not have any bands there. The similarities are:

1) The port is in the middle.

2) Both are rounded.

3) Both has speakers.

4) Both are made out of the same material.

So you are asking them to:

1) Put the port on the left or right side, for no apparent reason.

2) Make it square (which is more uncomfortable to hold). Samsung also had phones with rounded bottoms long before Apple, so I don't see why Samsung should change just because Apple started doing it.

3) Have the speaker on the back again (which people have been complaining about for ages).

4) Change back to plastic, but then it would be a "cheap iPhone" copy...

Really? It doesn't have the bands?

Oh,it really doesn't.

iphone%206%20bottom.png

That's an iPhone. If I was apple I would probably file suit and seek mediation.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Really? It doesn't have the bands?

Oh,it really doesn't.

<image>

<image>

By band I assume he meant the plastic strips used for the antennas. No, the iPhone does not have those on the bottom.

If he by "band" meant "the top, bottom and sides of the phone" then sure I guess the S6 has that... and so does every single phone which has 6 sides (which is all of them as far as I know).

By band I assume he meant the plastic strips used for the antennas. No, the iPhone does not have those on the bottom.

If he by "band" meant "the top, bottom and sides of the phone" then sure I guess the S6 has that... and so does every single phone which has 6 sides (which is all of them as far as I know).

Yeah, the plastic strips.

Now that I think about it. This is not surprising at all. HTC has been copying iPhone designs with phones since the M7 (antennae bands, chamfered edges, two tone flash, etc).

This S6 harks back more to the iPhone 4 days with a metal chassis and glass front and back. It's like Samsung had a threesome with the GS5, iPhone 4, and iPhone 6.

Yeah, the plastic strips.

Yeah, the iPhone does not have those there.

Now that I think about it. This is not surprising at all. HTC has been copying iPhone designs with phones since the M7 (antennae bands, chamfered edges, two tone flash, etc).

Antenna bands is not exactly something you copy, nor were Apple first with them. Antenna bands are there because they must be there in order for the antennas to work (because aluminum blocks radio waves).

Chamfered edges existed on phones long before the iPhone used it. I wouldn't be surprised if HTC even made phones with chamfered edges several years before the first iPhone was even released.

Two tone flash is nothing new. Has existed for years.

I don't think you can say company A copied company B because both of them has implemented the same thing, when that thing was invented by company C.

This seems to happen only with Apple for some reason. Nobody was saying Apple copied Samsung because Samsung released a phone with a camera before them.

Nobody is saying Apple copied Siemens because they released a phone which could play MP3s before Apple.

Did Apple copy the Motorola Droid by implementing all the good features it had (like a flash)? No of course not.

Yeah, the iPhone does not have those these.

Antenna bands is not exactly something you copy, nor were Apple first with them. Antenna bands are there because they must be there in order for the antennas to work (because aluminum blocks radio waves).

Chamfered edges existed on phones long before the iPhone used it. I wouldn't be surprised if HTC even made phones with chamfered edges several years before the first iPhone was even released.

Two tone flash is nothing new. Has existed for years.

I don't think you can say company A copied company B because both of them has implemented the same thing, when that thing was invented by company C.

This seems to happen only with Apple for some reason. Nobody was saying Apple copied Samsung because Samsung released a phone with a camera before them.

Nobody is saying Apple copied Siemens because they released a phone which could play MP3s before Apple.

Did Apple copy the Motorola Droid by implementing all the good features it had (like a flash)? No of course not.

There's a difference between having basic features such as a speaker, camera, etc. I'm not saying "OH NOEZ, HTC COPIES DA iFONE CAUZE IT HAS BATTERY HAHAHAHA!!!"

But its very clear when there's a new iPhone release, expect to see similarities in future HTC/Samsung phones. The point is not that is has existed but the fact that its implementation is put in when the iPhone very recently does.

There's a difference between having basic features such as a speaker, camera, etc. I'm not saying "OH NOEZ, HTC COPIES DA iFONE CAUZE IT HAS BATTERY HAHAHAHA!!!"

Having an antenna which actually works (needs an antenna band) is a pretty basic feature if you ask me.

If you look at the people in this thread, they are basically saying that the Samsung phone has basic features and therefore it is an iPhone copy. It has a speaker, it has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, it has a charging/data port at the bottom, it is made out of a metal... Doesn't these things seem very basic to you? They do to me.

But its very clear when there's a new iPhone release, expect to see similarities in future HTC/Samsung phones. The point is not that is has existed but the fact that its implementation is put in when the iPhone very recently does.

That's only because you are looking for similarities. If you look for something you will find it.

Let's take the iPhone as an example and compare it to let's say the Nexus 5.

Bigger and higher resolution screen? Apple copied Google!

Power button on the side? Apple copied Google!

OIS? Apple copied Google!

Third party keyboards and widgets? Apple copied Google!

You are looking for similarities and that's why you find them. I can do the same thing for the iPhone 5S as well if you want, or the iPhone 5, or 4S, or 4...

I could draw a huge number of parallels between current gen devices and the previous models from the same company as well (such as how the Galaxy S 5 is similar to the Galaxy S 1), and make the argument that it's an evolution of the design. I won't do that though because there is only a very limited number of ways to make a phone (while still being practical) so we should expect them to be more or less the same. It's not like we complain that all cares have a steering wheel, doors on the side, 4 wheels, a motor and seats that are shaped to be comfortable to sit in, right?

Having an antenna which actually works (needs an antenna band) is a pretty basic feature if you ask me.

If you look at the people in this thread, they are basically saying that the Samsung phone has basic features and therefore it is an iPhone copy. It has a speaker, it has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, it has a charging/data port at the bottom, it is made out of a metal... Doesn't these things seem very basic to you? They do to me.

That's only because you are looking for similarities. If you look for something you will find it.

Let's take the iPhone as an example and compare it to let's say the Nexus 5.

Bigger and higher resolution screen? Apple copied Google!

Power button on the side? Apple copied Google!

OIS? Apple copied Google!

Third party keyboards and widgets? Apple copied Google!

You are looking for similarities and that's why you find them. I can do the same thing for the iPhone 5S as well if you want, or the iPhone 5, or 4S, or 4...

I could draw a huge number of parallels between current gen devices and the previous models from the same company as well (such as how the Galaxy S 5 is similar to the Galaxy S 1), and make the argument that it's an evolution of the design. I won't do that though because there is only a very limited number of ways to make a phone (while still being practical) so we should expect them to be more or less the same. It's not like we complain that all cares have a steering wheel, doors on the side, 4 wheels, a motor and seats that are shaped to be comfortable to sit in, right?

Well now you're just being hypocritical. There is quite a difference from between a market leader adopting new technologies and smaller companies copying in suit not to be left behind. 

The last part of your paragraph is now arguing for my point so I'm not quite sure what your stance is anymore. 

I'm sad it wont have a removable battery. It's hard for them to not go this route though since they're constantly getting criticized for the plastic backing.