Battlefield 4 Alpha GPU and CPU Benchmarks!

Hmmm I'd guess anyone with a 2GB card might be in a bit of trouble...  Makes me glad I purchased a 7950.  Once everything is optimized RAM may just be the limiting factor. 

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

^ I am not sure about this because with BF3 it seemed like they decreased ram usage after the game was out for 6months or so.  I have 3gb cards and it seemed they optimized things for the 1.8-2gb range where it was hovering in the 2-2.3gb range on release.  Just my $.02

Home Machine:

Ryzen 5900x Processor - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

ASUS PG348Q Monitor -- Samsung 34" TV -  1080ti Card

NAS:

Ryzen 5600x - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

Hot Swap 3u - Redundant Power

I am not convinced 3Gb vs 2Gb will make much of a difference at 1080p but there is a chance that it could in future. With the new gen consoles having 8GB shared memory space it leaves open the possibility of games being designed to load massive amounts of texture data into memory.

^ I am not sure about this because with BF3 it seemed like they decreased ram usage after the game was out for 6months or so.  I have 3gb cards and it seemed they optimized things for the 1.8-2gb range where it was hovering in the 2-2.3gb range on release.  Just my $.02

I don't know... A lot of the maps easily run 1.5GBs of RAM now.  Wouldn't be surprised at all to see it cross that 2GB threshold. Actually I might be disappointed if it didn't... I'm expecting a lot from BF4

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

^yup for sure.  Can't wait to get into BF4 beta .... im shocked its not out yet

Home Machine:

NAS:

Lmao xD intel hd 3000 can run bf3 but hell no is it running bf4, I think intel hd 4600 might though

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

And people made fun of me for buying titans.... see why you can use 6gb of vram? :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I think it may be time to replace my Intel Q6600 and Radeon 5450 with 4 gigs of Ram. Too bad I can't afford a GTX 780, :(

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

^ yup good thinking.  I had the 6600 overclocked for a while 6 or so yrs ago.  Anything haswell or ivybridge would be a huge gain for you.  You playing w/ that on bf3?

Home Machine:

NAS:

^ yup good thinking. I had the 6600 overclocked for a while 6 or so yrs ago. Anything haswell or ivybridge would be a huge gain for you. You playing w/ that on bf3?

I attempted, but i don't like playing games at low resolution and low settings. Im planning on replacing my whole setup including my desk and monitor.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

UN-OPTIMIZED!!!

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

I don't think BF4 is optimized yet so I would wait for newer results to find out if there is a performance improvement. The minimum system requirements are very low so I don't think a 7950 should be getting low frame rates imo: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654625244993238/

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

^ no its surely not optimized but in a way its good to know the un-optimized specs to know the worst case

Home Machine:

NAS:

Well least i know my Quadfire 7970 rig will tear the faces off any of these test rigs :P, no need to upgrade when it would break the graph.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is everyone whining that they won't be able to play the game. I hope you guys realize that these are MAX settings with 4x MSAA. Ever heard of the setting low or of a resolution inferior to 1080p? I've been playing BF3 on low at 720p and still can't get a stable framerate (60).

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

I am glad that multicore optimization is happening, guess what, 3970x actually makes a tangible difference, not a big one though :P

i have an i3 550 and an 560ti.... so i need to be upgrading 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

it looks strange ...

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Impressive results with the High-End components from 2011. I7-2600k and a GTX 590 showed that they still kickass! I'm glad I bought them for a decent price. Also, I'm surprised with how much a 590 seems "optimized" for the game! 

P.S: Please, realise that I'm being ironic :D

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have an overlay of BF3 vs BF4 for the first picture?

Home Machine:

NAS: