Battlefield 4 Alpha GPU and CPU Benchmarks!

Lol, please if you dont know what your talking about dont open your mouth like a 10 year old. i NEVER had an AMD card and it's true that the Ares 2 is faster than the 690... i own a 780 and had a 280 and 590.

Your previous post said that the ares 2 is '100000000%' faster than the 690 when it is around 20 % faster. Also you said that the 770 can't beat the 7970 ge when reviews show that the 770 is faster. Don't exaggerate on your part.

Your previous post said that the ares 2 is '100000000%' faster than the 690 when it is around 20 % faster. Also you said that the 770 can't beat the 7970 ge when reviews show that the 770 is faster. Don't exaggerate on your part.

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of exaggeration ^_^ it keeps things from being boring and perfect, you should try it some time.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I need to freak out and impulse-buy two 780s right this moment.

OMG OMG OMG!

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

It looks like my 2500k is doing preeeety well, on par with the 8350 (for now). Time to load that 5.1 jigahertz profile!

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I don't want to live anymore

EA kills everyone's hardware.

The Syndicate

I don't want to live anymore

EA kills everyone's hardware.

Patience is a virtue 

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

To be fair Battlefield 3 in its beta/alpha stage was just as shitty performance wise, so these numbers don't mean anything guys, no one should go out and get x4 780's.  unless I was dudenstein

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

looks like  the AMD optimization claim was over exaggerated

i still need to upgrade my gpu

i have a 1.2GB GTX570 :(

Its in alpha, optimisations are still coming

But yes looking at this my graphics card might not cut it, maybe. Unless like I said optimisations are still to be made (more than likely).

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

you don't get it, with 100000000% i didn't mean that it's 1000000FPS faster i meant that its not posible that the 690 is faster than the Ares 2,

you don't get it, with 100000000% i didn't mean that it's 1000000FPS faster i meant that its not posible that the 690 is faster than the Ares 2,

As we clearly can see, the alpha, as I said, prefers Nvidia. And seriously, the 690 is 1-2 FPS faster. Why are you so upset?

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

The 690 is only faster because it is in alpha other then that yes the ares is faster all the time.

Some one had to benchmark alpha....

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

As we clearly can see, the alpha, as I said, prefers Nvidia. And seriously, the 690 is 1-2 FPS faster. Why are you so upset?

I'm not really "upset" i just get mad if someone calls me "OMGZ HE SAID GRAPHICSCARD X1 is BETTER DAN x2 FANBOY!!!!!". i think there was a misunderstoodness (sorry for my bad english)

30 fps for a 7950?

thats fucking pathetic on EA's part

Nothing to do with EA, they're the publishers. Its DICE, and its Alpha. Not Beta or final product. Massive optimisations still need to be made.

System Specs:

Its in alpha, optimisations are still coming

But yes looking at this my graphics card might not cut it, maybe. Unless like I said optimisations are still to be made (more than likely).

yeah probably but the 570 i have is alot slower than a new 760 xD

will buy the 9xxx when it shows up

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

yeah probably but the 570 i have is alot slower than a new 760 xD

will buy the 9xxx when it shows up

I too plan on upgrading my GPU soon as well. A nice AMD card would be interesting, I haven't had an AMD graphics card in a very long time. 

System Specs:

They say it will be "optimized" for AMD build. 

I too plan on upgrading my GPU soon as well. A nice AMD card would be interesting, I haven't had an AMD graphics card in a very long time. 

me too

ive never owned a AMD gpu before

it scares me

im just soo used to having an Nvidia GPU

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

looks like  the AMD optimization claim was over exaggerated

i still need to upgrade my gpu

i have a 1.2GB GTX570 :(

Since when optimizations = More FPS?

Remember, for both BFBC2 and BF3, NVIDIA cards were having plenty of problems (still having problems in the case of BF3).

For BFBC2, there was the uber famous GPU usage issue, that lasted FOR QUITE A WHILE, I don't have the exact time length/frame, just google "NVIDIA gpu usage BFBC2", but it lasted at least ~10 months if not more, check out the OP in this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/788307/fermi-issues-low-gpu-usage-and-bad-company-ii-stuttering

As for BF3, NVIDIA started quite good there, but both performance and stability took a bit of a hit as the game progressed (it wasn't until R310 that NVIDIA solved the stability issues) and the texture LSD weirdness is still going on in some cases, and we're up to R320/R325 driver builds already.

AMD cards on the other hand, as far as I can tell, were pretty solid during BFBC2 (except for the long loading bug that plagued some users close to release, it was quickly fixed by a driver update), and for BF3 they have been pretty solid overall, I actually started a thread over this on guru3d forums: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=378540

hoping they optimize it before launch !  ;)

Yes! Can't wait to play BF4 on 13FPS :( 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Yikes - so it seems like there is a good chance that even after the games gets optimized, running BF4 at 3 screens is going to take some GPU power.  I currently have two msi gtx 580 twin frozr 3gb cards and I just might have to upgrade to two 780's

Home Machine:

Ryzen 5900x Processor - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

ASUS PG348Q Monitor -- Samsung 34" TV -  1080ti Card

NAS:

Ryzen 5600x - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

Hot Swap 3u - Redundant Power

Since when optimizations = More FPS?

Remember, for both BFBC2 and BF3, NVIDIA cards were having plenty of problems (still having problems in the case of BF3).

For BFBC2, there was the uber famous GPU usage issue, that lasted FOR QUITE A WHILE, I don't have the exact time length/frame, just google "NVIDIA gpu usage BFBC2", but it lasted at least ~10 months if not more, check out the OP in this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/788307/fermi-issues-low-gpu-usage-and-bad-company-ii-stuttering

As for BF3, NVIDIA started quite good there, but both performance and stability took a bit of a hit as the game progressed (it wasn't until R310 that NVIDIA solved the stability issues) and the texture LSD weirdness is still going on in some cases, and we're up to R320/R325 driver builds already.

AMD cards on the other hand, as far as I can tell, were pretty solid during BFBC2 (except for the long loading bug that plagued some users close to release, it was quickly fixed by a driver update), and for BF3 they have been pretty solid overall, I actually started a thread over this on guru3d forums: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=378540

Not saying there's no one with said complaints..

But I never had any problems with any of the battlefields on any of the driver versions with any kind of card..

I think much of that is, the fact that people who do experience problems just scream and shout that much louder..

A bit like when farcry 3 released and amd's frametimes sucked ass.. Some people just shouted way to hard about it (be them amd or nvidia fans)

Cause if you just read and dont take think with a grain of salt.. A nvidia buyer would say he'd never buy AMD because their frametimes suck..

Or a AMD buyer would say they'd never buy Nvidia because their drivers kill cards..

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

^I think the issue is more of a high res issue.  People now days are playing  across 3 monitors a (5760x1080) and its take a huge hit on the GPU's.  Whomever is playing on one screen, you surely will have few issues with a 560-580 or similar card.

Home Machine:

Ryzen 5900x Processor - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

ASUS PG348Q Monitor -- Samsung 34" TV -  1080ti Card

NAS:

Ryzen 5600x - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

Hot Swap 3u - Redundant Power