Only One LGBTQ Person Allowed Per Team In League Of Legends Tournament

Brood

-connection acting up -.- -

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

-connection acting up -.- -

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The first question that comes to mind is why the hell is it necessary to have a women-only tournament? This isn't weight lifting, physical strength is pretty much irrelevant.

If somehow they felt they needed a separate league, then I feel they're sort of in their own right not to allow transgenders in the competition, since if the reason they separate them are physical characteristics allowing transgenders would make that useless... if arnold schwarzenegger was a transgender he still wouldn't be allowed in women's weight lifting...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Maybe they are worried a top team of male gamers will all get sex changes in order to compete in the tournament or something

not that it would make a difference

Dont get why E-Sports needs a male/female split, though that is a different thing entirely

I don't think you need to have a sex change operation to identify as transgender, so I'm assuming this rule was to prevent a group of 5 guys from lying and saying "I identify as female" for tournament purposes. They could all claim to be pre-op, and be all set, technically.

I doubt anybody would actually do that though - it feels like the plot to a bad Johnny Knoxville movie. Besides, anybody attempting to lie like that would get a whole lot of bad press and lose sponsorships once the truth surfaced.

I have mixed feelings about a gender-segregated tournament. For physical competitions it makes sense because of differences in physical strength. For competitive gaming, men do have a slightly faster reaction time on average, but that's only one part of being a competitive gamer. *shrug*

League of Lesbians doesn't make much sense to me, aren't these groups the ones who always advocate for equal opportunities and being treated the same as straight men?

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

League of Lesbians doesn't make much sense to me, aren't these groups the ones who always advocate for equal opportunities and being treated the same as straight men?

Thats what sing sing calls it.

??

Are you talking about the gaming tournaments or non-straight people?

Im talking about putting that group/community (or whatever that is) on a pedestal and pointlessly throwing all types of minorities at it.

I don't think you need to have a sex change operation to identify as transgender, so I'm assuming this rule was to prevent a group of 5 guys from lying and saying "I identify as female" for tournament purposes. They could all claim to be pre-op, and be all set, technically.

I doubt anybody would actually do that though - it feels like the plot to a bad Johnny Knoxville movie. Besides, anybody attempting to lie like that would get a whole lot of bad press and lose sponsorships once the truth surfaced.

Well there are people who are "bigender", which means they sometimes identify as a man and sometimes as a woman depending on the context.

There are subsets of transgender people who also identify as both male and female at the same time.

It would be very easy for someone to just claim to be a woman (like someone pointed out before, you don't have to do any surgery or anything like that) then compete in the woman's tournament. It would be really scummy for someone to do that, but there have been teams of people pretending to be disabled in order to compete in the paralympics, so don't expect people to not take the chance if they get it.

I have mixed feelings about a gender-segregated tournament. For physical competitions it makes sense because of differences in physical strength. For competitive gaming, men do have a slightly faster reaction time on average, but that's only one part of being a competitive gamer. *shrug*

Yeah I don't quite get that either. My best guess is that they are doing this in order to attract more female players. On normal tournaments there might be 1 or 2 girls and the rest are guys. By holding a female only tournament there might be a chance of more woman becoming interested in playing. If that really is the purpose of this tournament then this rule makes kind of sense (might even have been better to not allow any trans people) because having non-woman people play would be counter productive.

I don't really see any reason to have a female-only tournament if this is not the purpose.

Again, I think we only have half the story and are jumping to conclusions.

What sort of advantage does sexual orientation or gender identity have in League of Legends exactly?

This is ridiculous.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Garena, WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ANUS BLOODPOOL FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Im talking about putting that group/community (or whatever that is) on a pedestal and pointlessly throwing all types of minorities at it.

Please don't refer to those people like they're a high school club or something.

And what do you mean by 'throwing minorities?'

I could see the point in not letting transgender people participate if it was some sort of physical competition (like wrestling as that would be an unfair advantage) but for E-Sports? Come on lol....

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I don't think they realize how silly this sounds. When I first read that I thought, "Wait, there can't be more then one LGBTQ player in a team? So there couldn't be two gay women in one team?" but now I understand what they meant, and it still sounds incredibly silly as fuck. 

Please don't refer to those people like they're a high school club or something.

And what do you mean by 'throwing minorities?'

They behave like a high school club on multiple occasions, just like blacks do when it comes to slavery and Jews do when it comes to holocaust - before you call me xxx-ist, I'm Polish in western Europe, I know what discrimination and hate means at all age levels, but I don't wave the flag on every corner and demand special treatment.

And what I mean is the fact this used to be LGB, but because the TQ didn't get enough attention they had to be glued on top. At this rate we will have pedophilia as sexual preference and another poor attacked minority.

They behave like a high school club on multiple occasions, just like blacks do when it comes to slavery and Jews do when it comes to holocaust - before you call me xxx-ist, I'm Polish in western Europe, I know what discrimination and hate means at all age levels, but I don't wave the flag on every corner and demand special treatment.

And what I mean is the fact this used to be LGB, but because the TQ didn't get enough attention they had to be glued on top. At this rate we will have pedophilia as sexual preference and another poor attacked minority.

Oh my god.

This is actually pretty disgusting of you to say. I can understand if you don't approve of them, but asking for EQUALITY (not special treatment) is nothing to dismiss, and to say blacks shouldn't bring up slavery is pretty ridiculous. Should we just forget everything happened? Should we tell the family members of people killed on 9/11 that they need to get over it, because it's just been long enough?

In case you make every effort to aviod learning about people other than your own (which at this point I could see going either way), you'd realize that transgender people didn't just show up, neither did gays/lesbians/bisexuals. They've been here all along, and it was only recently that they could speak up and demand the rights they deserved, otherwise they would have been beaten, mocked, and in some cases, killed. This is similar in purpose to the civil rights movement; black people didn't just appear one day, but they eventually said 'we've had enough,' and took matters into their own hands (mostly peacefully, mind you).

It only seems like special treatment because awareness is being raised. And awareness is only being raised because it's simply not fair to fire someone based on who they love, or claim someone is 'against your religion,' and forbid them from marrying.

To say this will lead to pedophelia being accepted is incredibly closed-minded. There's a huge difference between finding love with someone other than the opposite gender (or being born one gender while psychologically being another), and committing sexual acts with children who aren't fully aware of or physically developed for them yet.

-nom-

Oh my god.

This is actually pretty disgusting of you to say.

What's the disgusting part? All I said is that they force themselves and those events on me (whether directly or through media), and the question is why SHOULD we bring up black slavery? We already teach about it and people already know about it. I don't see it being a problem in modern world, so why should black community use it in arguments? I'm all for equality, as long as you don't shove it in my face, but hey, considering I'm white, and male, and am hetero, and live in a developed country -  I have no voice because I'm too privilaged.

Should we just forget everything happened? 

As a (for the sake of precision) non-USA-an I don't find talking about 9/11 every year necessary, just like I'm sure you don't need yearly updates on the still unsolved crash of a presidential plane near Katyn which had both the president and significant portion of Polish military and government command on board. You ask me why I'm sick of this? Because modern world is capable of monetizing their own mothers if profit margins are good enough: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?ie=UTF-8#q=je%20suis%20charlie%20tshirt

I'm not saying we should forget, we should know and be aware to fight stuff like this. I'm sure people affected by tragedies will remember and inform, but I don't need constant reminders, I know, and will talk about it when it's relevant.

-second paragraph-

Eh... Why people can't realize that others (or in this case, I) can have all the information you talk about, know that they were, are and always have been, agree they should be treated equally and at the same time are sick of Conichitas winning Eurovision for the sake of showing him? her? to the world or black people who complain about slavery while neither themselves, their parents or grandparents were affected by it. My country was wiped off the face of the planet for 123 years by Germany (well, Prussia), Austria and Russia but I don't shit on them, too many ifs happened since end of WWI for me to feel the difference. Do you start to get what I mean? Everyone has tragedy in their lineage, why should yours be "better"?

-third/fourth paragraph-

The kind of awareness you're talking about is forced in my eyes and ears through instant-delivery media, with 1 story usually ruling all outlets like LOTR's ring for weeks at a time. It's good to hear it once, be reminded of updates from time to time. But I don't need to hear about it every 4 hours on all channels and radio stations because it's hip at the moment. And my mind is very open, to the point I hear and read a lot of strange proposals around the world, including this, considering age of consent goes as low as 13 in Spain, where do you draw the line? I don't care who you love, how you love him and what you use as lubricant.

There's a saying about religion that works just as well with race, sexual orientation and other topics of this type: "Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat." Inform, but do it intelligently.

To say this will lead to pedophelia being accepted is incredibly closed-minded. There's a huge difference between finding love with someone other than the opposite gender (or being born one gender while psychologically being another), and committing sexual acts with children who aren't fully aware of or physically developed for them yet.

Just a little correction. Pedophilia and child molestation are very different things.

Pedophilia = sexually attracted to children.

Child molester = physically rapes children.

What's really weird is that not all child molesters are pedophiles, and vice versa.

With all the crazy shit going around these days (there are trans-species and trans-race people) I'd say there is a small possibility they start seeing themselves as oppressed and want people to check their non-pedo privileges. It is following the same pattern as homosexuality did before (diagnosed as a mental illness, it's a thought crime, assumed to be rapists, "cured" by reducing sex drive etc) so who knows... Or actually I don't think it will happen. I don't think even the "tolerant" (in quotations because they are only tolerant towards people who agree with them) social justice warriors want to be associated with them.

Might as well add Other Kin and that other attention whoring shit to it while we are at it as well. Leaving it as LGBT is perfectly fine and it shouldn't be changed.

LGBTOKUSHSWAG420?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Just a little correction. Pedophilia and child molestation are very different things.

Pedophilia = sexually attracted to children.

Child molester = physically rapes children.

What's really weird is that not all child molesters are pedophiles, and vice versa.

With all the crazy shit going around these days (there are trans-species and trans-race people) I'd say there is a small possibility they start seeing themselves as oppressed and want people to check their non-pedo privileges. It is following the same pattern as homosexuality did before (diagnosed as a mental illness, it's a thought crime, assumed to be rapists, "cured" by reducing sex drive etc) so who knows... Or actually I don't think it will happen. I don't think even the "tolerant" (in quotations because they are only tolerant towards people who agree with them) social justice warriors want to be associated with them.

I won't get into that subject as much, since I'm not someone who has lived it (though I can talk about LGBTQ rights obviously, since I've experienced life as one first-hand), but personally I see it as someone who either wants to or has done something to a person who's body is not physically developed for it yet; I won't get into medical specifics, but a mature adult engaging in most any sexual act with someone pre-pubescent is likely doing some sort of physical harm or scarring. I won't tell them they can't feel that way, but it goes beyond religion or beliefs or whatever into actual medical reasoning.

I won't get into that subject as much, since I'm not someone who has lived it (though I can talk about LGBTQ rights obviously, since I've experienced life as one first-hand), but personally I see it as someone who either wants to or has done something to a person who's body is not physically developed for it yet; I won't get into medical specifics, but a mature adult engaging in most any sexual act with someone pre-pubescent is likely doing some sort of physical harm or scarring. I won't tell them they can't feel that way, but it goes beyond religion or beliefs or whatever into actual medical reasoning.

Again, pedophilia and child molestation are two different things. They are different in the same way that homosexuality and rapists are different (a lot of people used to associate homosexuals with pedophilia, that's why I am using that as an example). One is a sexual attraction, a mere thought, and the other is a violent act.

I was just saying that if people who identify as half human/half penguin feel oppressed and want normal people to "check their privileges" then it is not too far fetched that pedophiles (not child molesters) might end up doing the same thing.

It's stupid, but I have seen stupider and more unbelievable things before.

I agree.

Gender segregation in physical sport competitions? Yes, absolutely.

Gender segregation in 'e-sports'/video games? Hell no, it's discrimination plain and simple.

women have to win at video games somehow I guess

because putting in 8 hours a day is just too hard

Gay and Transgender, IMO, shouldn't be reasons to block people from tournaments (unless the person is physically transgender, in which case it might make a difference but still a minimal one at that). 

you remember when russian female won every natation competition.... Soon in esport (just kidding don't kill me people). 

on a more serious note: I don't think it's that much of an advantage and I don't think anyone would do a team like that on purpose to win (considering it's really hard to build a team of good player around these criteria).

HOW DOES BEING A MAN GIVE ADVANTAGE IN VIDEO GAMES, sorry for caps but this is retarded 

It's not advantage, perhaps it's inappropriate apparently because this is a tournament for FEMALES?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...