Only One LGBTQ Person Allowed Per Team In League Of Legends Tournament

Brood

What I find funny is that there's all this noise over the 1 LGBT thing, but the entire tournament is restricted to half the population based on genitals already. I mean, what do expect as long as things like that matter? It's not like this is a kind of sporting even where higher levels of testosterone give you a competitive edge with bigger muscles.

But in the eyes of quite a few people today, it doesnt matter who is discriminated as long as the "historically" discriminated have greater rights. But that's a whole different topic that can be quite controversial.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

On a serious note, are males generally better at competitive e-sports than females? I've never paid any attention to the e-sports scene a whole lot.

<------

member title.

welp. ._.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

On a serious note, are males generally better at competitive e-sports than females? I've never paid any attention to the e-sports scene a whole lot.

barely.

male bodies are designed to be physically stronger. they're war machines. theyre the symbole of a strong leader.

female bodies are designed to be more fragile, they're the symbole of a loving mother and beauty. 

its just how things are. males by birth naturally have a slight reaction time over females, however with practice/lack thereof it doesnt make a difference.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

barely.

male bodies are designed to be physically stronger. they're war machines. theyre the symbole of a strong leader.

female bodies are designed to be more fragile, they're the symbole of a loving mother and beauty. 

its just how things are. males by birth naturally have a slight reaction time over females, however with practice/lack thereof it doesnt make a difference.

I was wondering, because I've seen a couple people on twitter who are raging about this and similar things. I figured to myself that with e-sports, there's nothing physical about it compared to actual sports.

Gay and Transgender, IMO, shouldn't be reasons to block people from tournaments (unless the person is physically transgender, in which case it might make a difference but still a minimal one at that).

They wanted to let trans-women ( who actually had surgery I guess) participate, but then they'd have an advantage because...why?Anyway, they'd have an hypothetical advantage and that would be unfair so...only 1 of them per team?

I think transgendered = a person who believes they are the wrong sex - transsexual = one who has actually gone through the surgery to change sexes.

Right?

I was wondering, because I've seen a couple people on twitter who are raging about this and similar things. I figured to myself that with e-sports, there's nothing physical about it compared to actual sports.

I think transgendered = a person who believes they are the wrong sex - transsexual = one who has actually gone through the surgery to change sexes.

Right?

transgender means both of those. its simply a term used to say ''i was born like THAT, and in my heart and head i am THIS. '' 

from what i've heard transsexual means a person has converted their sexuality, i dont know much about it, i could be wrong, i dont care. xD

i still think the whole situatio is bullshit.... xD 

if they are mtf (male to female) then thier brain and all that is already ''tuned'' to be female, they're on par with a genetic female.

-Jim Hensen

transgender means both of those. its simply a term used to say ''i was born like THAT, and in my heart and head i am THIS. '' 

from what i've heard transsexual means a person has converted their sexuality, i dont know much about it, i could be wrong, i dont care. xD

i still think the whole situatio is bullshit.... xD 

if they are mtf (male to female) then thier brain and all that is already ''tuned'' to be female, they're on par with a genetic female.

I don't think that means both of those; transgender should mean that one identifies as the opposite sex that they were born as. Transsexual should be the one that means the person has actually had a sex change.

But what I was trying to get at was there shouldn't be any disadvantages/advantages between male or female in e-sports.

Wat....? Stupidity is strong with this one.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Pretty sure its so you don't just have a team of 5 guys all of whom claim that are gay enter the tournament and crush all the other teams take the prize money and leave. Imo they should have just been like hey...legal females only.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Miss translation maybe?

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

HOW DOES BEING A MAN GIVE ADVANTAGE IN VIDEO GAMES, sorry for caps but this is retarded 

Testosterone. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Because who wouldn't want to see a tourney full of cute girls without those in between? xD

From garenas point of view. It's probably more of a getting a bigger audience thing than actually letting girls play. 

Lo and Behold

Testosterone.

Can't argue with this. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

By all means, is a transgender different species from humans?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Miss translation maybe?

Filipinos are probably one of the best when it comes to english here at Asia.

What the fuck is LGBTQ? Stop promoting this shit.

Can't argue with this. :D

Testosterone. 

the only thing it could effect that relates to games is reaction speed. however it is negligible especially when all players will have honed they reaction time to the point where further increase even with drugs is difficult.

Gay and Transgender, IMO, shouldn't be reasons to block people from tournaments (unless the person is physically transgender, in which case it might make a difference but still a minimal one at that).

What kind of difference?

Well lesbians can run at superhuman speeds, have astoundingly fast reflexes and fight injustice in the world

Edit: I've been informed that I was in fact thinking of The Flash, not Lesbians. This is terrible.

You own me pain killers for how hard I am laughing that this right now, lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What the fuck is LGBTQ? Stop promoting this shit.

Either

1. This is a joke

Or

2. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer

HOW DOES BEING A MAN GIVE ADVANTAGE IN VIDEO GAMES, sorry for caps but this is retarded 

appearently the person who decided on this rule has the same opinion that that lady who EA hired to make a female control scheme for Mirrors edge 2 has.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

This is LoL, not wrestling. Does gender make enough of a difference to justify any sort of discrimination?

Speaking of other sports, how do they handle transgender people? Are male to female boxers allowed in female boxing tournaments?

(Not trying to compare boxing to playing LoL, just asking in general).

I thought this sounded stupid at first, but then I started wondering how many transgender people applied for the woman-only competition. Personally I agree with @Johners, why have a woman-only competition at all? This is not like in boxing when men have a biological advantage (much stronger in general), it's just a computer game. If they are holding it for the sole purpose of enticing female players into playing on a competitive level then I have to agree with the "1 transgender person per team" policy, or maybe it should be even more strict and don't allow any, since it defeats the purpose of having the competition to begin with.

(I assume this is mostly about male to female transgenders not being allowed in, not just them trying to exclude lesbians).

To me it seems like we only have half the story and are jumping to conclusions.

What kind of difference?

Aside from more testosterone, not much of one. That's why I said it'd be a minimal difference.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

the only thing it could effect that relates to games is reaction speed. however it is negligible especially when all players will have honed they reaction time to the point where further increase even with drugs is difficult.

Testosterone isn't a a drug m8. Talking about the natural stuff. 

Testosterone is the action hormone that prompts quick responses to situations. When action comes calling the balls pump it out like no tomorrow. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III