Only One LGBTQ Person Allowed Per Team In League Of Legends Tournament

Brood

Garena, operator of League of Legends in places like Southeast Asia, Taiwan, and the Philippines, is hosting an all-women eSports competition.
Cool! There's just one problem: they've put a limit on the number of LGBTQ people allowed per team because they might offer an "unfair advantage."

Garena made the announcement in an update in their eSports site

1) Each team will be allowed to have a maximum of one (1) Gay/Transgendered woman for the entirety of the tournament day. Therefore, teams cannot do the following: Team_A's first game will be 4 female members and 1 gay, then on Team_A's second game, they will have 4 female members and replace with another gay or transgender member. 

2) Any team who has violated the above provision, regardless if intentional or otherwise, whether discovered during the day of the event or some time after, will have all their team members (the female members as well as the Lesbian, Gay, Transgendered women member) sanctioned with a 1-year ban on all Garena-organized events, including subsequent Iron Solari Tournament.

I guess my dream team of 5 scarletts in one team is now gone :'(

Thoughts?

*Riot Responded
https://twitter.com/riotgames/status/562711265899188229

*Garena responded
http://esports.garena.ph/newsArticle.php?contentid=00000604

But couldn't you just keep it to yourself and still have a team is all LGBTQ or more than one?

Garena, operator of League of Legends in places like Southeast Asia, Taiwan, and the Philippines, is hosting an all-women eSports competition.

Cool! There's just one problem: they've put a limit on the number of LGBTQ people allowed per team because they might offer an "unfair advantage."

Garena made the announcement in an update in their eSports site

I guess my dream team of 5 scarletts in one team is now gone :'(

Thoughts?

Gay and Transgender, IMO, shouldn't be reasons to block people from tournaments (unless the person is physically transgender, in which case it might make a difference but still a minimal one at that). 

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

This is an all-female tournament so...I don't get it.

Oooh. Now I do.

They wanted to let trans-women ( who actually had surgery I guess) participate, but then they'd have an advantage because...why?Anyway, they'd have an hypothetical advantage and that would be unfair so...only 1 of them per team?

Nevermind, I still don't get it.

Anyway, it's just Garena and just all-women tournaments.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

This is a lot more than a little bit discriminatory against women, so just wait until the feminists get a hold of it.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

This is an all-female tournament so...I don't get it.

I think the OP really REALLY likes the lady-boys and wants 5 of them on one team

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

For South Asia this is hugely progressive. While it's nice to say "well why don't they just allow whomever", they aren't all that progressive in general and have to start somewhere.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

This is LoL, not wrestling. Does gender make enough of a difference to justify any sort of discrimination?

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

This is LoL, not wrestling. Does gender make enough of a difference to justify any sort of discrimination?

To some people on both sides of the gender divide, yes it does.

I personally don't care what anyone pokes or has poke them, I don't really want to know either.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well lesbians can run at superhuman speeds, have astoundingly fast reflexes and fight injustice in the world

Edit: I've been informed that I was in fact thinking of The Flash, not Lesbians. This is terrible.

uM6gTer.gif

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I think the OP really REALLY likes the lady-boys and wants 5 of them on one team

I just wanna see an LGBT team win a major tournament :'(

Apparently so. From what I can infer, gay and trans people are better strategists and have considerably superior reflexes than straight people.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

They wanted to let trans-women ( who actually had surgery I guess) participate, but then they'd have an advantage because...why?Anyway, they'd have an hypothetical advantage and that would be unfair so...only 1 of them per team?

Men are like a single core CPU with 10Ghz of processing power, Women are like an octa-core on 2.5Ghz. My point is that women and men's brains work differently, maybe that's why they thought it'd be unfair?

This is a lot more than a little bit discriminatory against women, so just wait until the feminists get a hold of it.

Lol, Anita Sarkisian is gonna have a ball with this

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

HOW DOES BEING A MAN GIVE ADVANTAGE IN VIDEO GAMES, sorry for caps but this is retarded 

this does beg the question about how many dogs or cats are allowed on a team, soon we will asking how many humans are you allowed to have on a team. 

I just find this stupid to enforce a policy like this couldn't you easily just not tell the tournament organizer and they wouldn't know?

good to see Riot stepping up

"LGBT players are welcome at official LoL tourneys. We're working with partners to ensure consistency with our values across all regions."

https://twitter.com/riotgames/status/562711265899188229

U wot. That's dumb.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

LGBTQ....? Why do people keep adding letters to LGBT...? Oh wait... Special Snowflakes...!

Also, having an all-female competition is stupid in general. If the women aren't good enough to compete with the men at the highest level then tough luck I'm affraid.

The Q stands for Questions/Questioning. Some spell is LGBTQA for to say that Q&A are OK.

What I find funny is that there's all this noise over the 1 LGBT thing, but the entire tournament is restricted to half the population based on genitals already. I mean, what do you expect as long as things like that matter? It's not like this is a kind of sporting even where higher levels of testosterone give you a competitive edge with bigger muscles.

Might as well add Other Kin and that other attention whoring shit to it while we are at it as well. Leaving it as LGBT is perfectly fine and it shouldn't be changed.

LGBTAOKADFDSFGHGUFSD

Might as well add Other Kin and that other attention whoring shit to it while we are at it as well. Leaving it as LGBT is perfectly fine and it shouldn't be changed.

g81r50N.gif