Consoles may get 4K Hardware upgrade

Craider

I still don't understand the concern with having a PC tower in the living room.... I've had my air 540 in there before and it wasn't a big deal.....

I guess there is something nice about having a case that blends in with the surrounding hardware such as skybox, Bluray player etc. something that can fit inside a television unit.
Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

I guess there is something nice about having a case that blends in with the surrounding hardware such as skybox, Bluray player etc. something that can fit inside a television unit.

Why would you have a Blu Ray player, separate from the PC that can and probably already does have a better bluray player? Just curious....since my PC has a bluray/cd/dvd player/burner for the occasional windows 7 reinstall.

Seriously...just curious about that lol.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't give a shit. I've got a 720p TV that I bought back in 2007 and it won't be replaced until it breaks.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Why would you have a Blu Ray player, separate from the PC that can and probably already does have a better bluray player? Just curious....since my PC has a bluray/cd/dvd player/burner for the occasional windows 7 reinstall.

Seriously...just curious about that lol.

Not everyone does. And most people have a satellite or cable box. Plus a lot of gamers do own PC and consoles, sometime just for the exclusives. As I said, a lot of 5.1 sound systems come with a box. I personally have a Bose soundbar. It's just nice to have the option.
Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Not everyone does. And most people have a satellite or cable box. Plus a lot of gamers do own PC and consoles, sometime just for the exclusives. As I said, a lot of 5.1 sound systems come with a box. I personally have a Bose soundbar. It's just nice to have the option.

meh. fair enough, I do have a massive 470w surround sound setup next to the TV, with it's giant 3 disc head unit behind the TV. Personally I find a big impressive looking computer to be a welcome addition to any room, I dislike the "as small as possible" approach that tech has taken lately. It's fine for cell phones, but I want my PC as big as it needs to be to perform flawlessly and not overheat, or need to be cleaned out weekly to prevent overheating etc.

OH, and one other thing, just a gripe.

WHY IN FUCK DOES THE ON SCREEN GUIDE FOR DIRECT TV WORK SLOWER THAN MY GODDAMNED CELL PHONE LOADING A WEB PAGE WHEN IT HAS ONE BAR OF SIGNAL?!

*heavy breathing*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

meh. fair enough, I do have a massive 470w surround sound setup next to the TV, with it's giant 3 disc head unit behind the TV. Personally I find a big impressive looking computer to be a welcome addition to any room, I dislike the "as small as possible" approach that tech has taken lately. It's fine for cell phones, but I want my PC as big as it needs to be to perform flawlessly and not overheat, or need to be cleaned out weekly to prevent overheating etc.

OH, and one other thing, just a gripe.

WHY IN FUCK DOES THE ON SCREEN GUIDE FOR DIRECT TV WORK SLOWER THAN MY GODDAMNED CELL PHONE LOADING A WEB PAGE WHEN IT HAS ONE BAR OF SIGNAL?!

*heavy breathing*

The people behind the on screen tv guide are idiots when it comes to programming.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

man I have soo many minor gripes with TV guides (on screen guides). I have yet to use one that is even remotely good. 

Op you have missed the key part being

"Netflix did, though, provide more detail on the thought processes Hunt was alluding to during the CES press conference. Namely that he believes that when both the PS4 and Xbox One consoles do their traditional two-year hardware refresh (which would be due around October or November) they will add the necessary components to deliver 4K video playback."

And afaik xbox one already does this just limited to 30hz which i don't know any movies out that are filmed in 60hz (i know there are some but ive never seen it)

No it doesn't. The xbox one will output a maximum resolution of 1080p. 

The XboxOne and Ps4 already support 4K/30fps video so why are they even talking about this?

No they don't. This update would allow 4k video output but it's still just a rumor by netflix. 

Boo,

bad console company's. 

PbRidms.jpg

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

-snip-

Lol did i spell it wrong? :P 

tumblr_ms145qHl9E1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Its companies ;)

Thank you (y) :)

.... oh the embarrassment.. :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I typed sew instead of sue once.

:/

Lol this should be a thread :P 

The internet isn't kind to poor spelling though