Consoles may get 4K Hardware upgrade

Craider

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2015/02/02/new-4k-capable-ps4-and-xbox-one-consoles-coming-this-year-predicts-netflix/

Netflix predicts 'new 4K-friendly versions of both consoles will be delivered this coming fall', based on the increasing sales of 4K TVs. This could even mean a new HDMI 2.0 connector, since the current 1.4 standard only supports 4K at 30 Hz.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2015/02/02/new-4k-capable-ps4-and-xbox-one-consoles-coming-this-year-predicts-netflix/

Netflix predicts 'new 4K-friendly versions of both consoles will be delivered this coming fall', based on the increasing sales of 4K TVs. This could even mean a new HDMI 2.0 connector, since the current 1.4 standard only supports 4K at 30 Hz.

But will the games run on 4K too?!?!?

Well, interesting but useless really..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Boo,

bad console company's. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

soz not soz. Games on consoles have to reach ultra settings before they can even consider 4k or even 1440p for that matter

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Considering current consoles can barely run graphics intensive games at 1080p this seems to be ridiculous. And just because you can connect a console to a 4k monitor it doesn't mean you can play it at that resolution. Consoles have no options when it comes to resolution so none of these makes any sense.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

When i read that for the first time i thought consoles were gonna support 4k gaming.

This would be the adapter:

I really want an xbox one case, to gut and shove a top end PC inside

Then do a video online of what a "next gen" console should REALLY look like

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

PS4 looks better.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I could make this mini ITX build on a console case.

But i would have to gut one.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/297961-mini-itx-console-killer/

Its not top end but you could swap the i3 with a i5 and the 960 with a 970 :D

They already have HDMI 2.0, and it's only a firmware upgrade anyways so it wouldn't matter.

That would work :D

I had one a long time ago in an original xbox case :D but has since departed

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

But will the games run on 4K too?!?!?

Well, interesting but useless really..

This update should only affect movie streaming like Netflix. They would need much more than only a new decoder and better HDMI in order to play games at that resolution with acceptable details.

soz not soz. Games on consoles have to reach ultra settings before they can even consider 4k or even 1440p for that matter

I very much doubt the 4K support is for gaming, rather for watching 4K movies.

Rumor has been out for a while that AMD is building a new 20nm APU for a XBOX refresh. Makes me wonder if they will upgrade to Puma while adding in GCN 1.2.

Its not top end but you could swap the i3 with a i5 and the 960 with a 970 :D

SilverStone SST-ML07B :)

Plz do that

Op you have missed the key part being

"Netflix did, though, provide more detail on the thought processes Hunt was alluding to during the CES press conference. Namely that he believes that when both the PS4 and Xbox One consoles do their traditional two-year hardware refresh (which would be due around October or November) they will add the necessary components to deliver 4K video playback."

And afaik xbox one already does this just limited to 30hz which i don't know any movies out that are filmed in 60hz (i know there are some but ive never seen it)

I have a PS2 case :D

But my rig inst mini ITX atm.

I have 2 PS2s still but my nephew has one currently, and I still occasionally play mine

Read the post people.

We are talking about 4K video content, not gaming.

We know....

4K TV does not equal 4K gaming. 4K TVs are becoming more common, so shows are being filmed in 4K, but that doesn't mean consoles will be expected to play games in 4K. and 30Hz is likely enough anyway, more cinematic they say.

4K TV does not equal 4K gaming. 4K TVs are becoming more common, so shows are being filmed in 4K, but that doesn't mean consoles will be expected to play games in 4K. and 30Hz is likely enough anyway, more cinematic they say.

I hate 24fps movies :(