Companies, Brand Loyalty, and Warranty

jaypro

for smartphone , i'm pretty loyal to stock android .

Right now is LG Nexus 4 . you know google does not stay the same brand forever.

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

This looks old, or at least using stats on a long delay, isn't Fujifilm bankrupt yet? And Nikon should easily be #1 in the pro SLR market by now given their overall technology, pricing and quality advantage.

Though I guess Canon had a good head start before Nikon overtook them in camera sensor and electronics, and there's always the consumer market as well.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

For me, Logitech. I thik pretty much every peripheral I own is Logitech, and I see no reason to change

This looks old, or at least using stats on a long delay, isn't Fujifilm bankrupt yet? And Nikon should easily be #1 in the pro SLR market by now given their overall technology, pricing and quality advantage.

Though I guess Canon had a good head start before Nikon overtook them in camera sensor and electronics, and there's always the consumer market as well.

Fuji? what? they make billions and are still releasing new cameras and lenses

Also why should nikon be number 1 in pro slrs? Have you seen how many pros shoot with a 5d mk3, 1-DC, C300 etc etc? Especially all those that do video

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Also why should nikon be number 1 in pro slrs? Have you seen how many pros shoot with a 5d mk3, 1-DC, C300 etc etc? Especially all those that do video

That number has been ever dwindling since Nikon struck a deal with Sony and smashed a knockout on sensor quality. ISO, dynamic range, colour depth, detail are all in Nikon's advantage now. Add to that the as always stronger shell of the camera and higher bandwith internals on top, and the only pros still in Canon are sports photographers using the Canon extreme tele lenses (which are legitimately better than Nikon's) and those who feel too invested in the Canon ecosystem already to switch. At least, that's the impression I have from my own workplace (newspaper 95% dominated by Nikon now, a number uprooted in just 3 years) and from conferences/ traveling for work.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

What site?

Which?, they have a magazine and are trusted for doing test on brands and all sorts of things, my parents are subscribed to them and I found that article in one of their magazines 

Twitter | Steam |

I look at the product, itself. Not the brand.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I'm not really loyal to any brand except maybe microsoft. I feel like a sheep that likes most of their stuff. I'm more into not liking certain brands for my own reasons. Like Apple and HP. I'm okay with Apple because they make good quality things, just wouldn't buy any Apple products for myself. And I just hate HP because of some bad experiences; they generally have a bunch of bloatware on their laptops. But the majority of laptops have bloatware on them anyways. I know it's a dumb to hate something for no solid reason, but screw HP. I rip on my friend's HP laptop all the time. He doesn't even have a numpad for a 15.6" laptop.

Apple

Intel

Nvidia

Sennheiser

You are a brave man to show apple loyalty around these parts EMOTICON_Kappa.png

Twitter | Steam |

My brand loyalty is based on good experiences with the company in the past.

Motherboards - Asus and Gigabyte

Memory - Corsair or G.Skill

Nvidia Graphics Cards - EVGA

AMD Graphics Cards - XFX

Power Supplies - Corsair

• 1 month later...

Now obviously you should try to stay diverse, but we all have those companies that just off the spot name off. Someone asks for a certain part and you're like "anything from so and so". What companies are you the most loyal towards.

For me, I've gotta say I've probably stayed the most loyal towards companies such as Asus for their fantastic motherboards and Polk Audio for their exceptional speakers. I lean toward Sennheiser and Audio Techinca for headphones over any other company, though would still love to try Beyer and AKG. My biggest bias, though, would probably be Google. Through Android, Gmail, Youtube, and the lot.

CPU: Intel i5-2400Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LXMemory: 16GB 1333MHz Crucial BallistixGPU: GIGABYTE WINDFORCE GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 (1085 MHz/1150 MHz) | Storage: SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 128GB SSD + Western Digital 3.5-Inch 2TB HDDPSU: Diablotek PHD650 650W
Neumont University | Bachelors of Science in Computer Science | In Progress

Peavey electronics.

They replaced an entire circuit board on an expensive soundboard for me even though it was my fault. They bought me as a loyal customer when they did that :)

Case Labs. 
Otherwise I've been screwed by everyone. 

I Mean everything. That sounds bad. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

inb4 flame war

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Motorola, I just love the phones and the 360 is baller

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

inb4 flame war

AppleLogo.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

This is going to end in
Intel vs amd
or 
nvidia vs amd...
android vs ios.

Please no!

I'm pretty loyal to benq/nvidia (cuda) and a few others.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

asus 

i love most of their products but i HATE rog 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

This is going to end in

Intel vs amd

or 

nvidia vs amd...

android vs ios.

Please no!

I'm pretty loyal to benq/nvidia (cuda) and a few others.

Yeah, guy. Please no flame wars. We all have our tastes. We don't all have to use the same stuff and nothing is better than the other, it all depends on the user.

CPU: Intel i5-2400Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LXMemory: 16GB 1333MHz Crucial BallistixGPU: GIGABYTE WINDFORCE GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 (1085 MHz/1150 MHz) | Storage: SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 128GB SSD + Western Digital 3.5-Inch 2TB HDDPSU: Diablotek PHD650 650W
Neumont University | Bachelors of Science in Computer Science | In Progress