Companies, Brand Loyalty, and Warranty

jaypro

Kind of sad Sony sold off it's PC line, I wish I had purchased a Vaio rather than my crummy Samsung 3 Series (NP365E5C-S02UB) but most of them were quite more expensive than the Samsung... Then again when I bought my Samsung I didn't really have a large budget.

Maybe if I throw Ubuntu at my Samsung it might be more acceptable... 

Or just a clean install of Windows... rotfl, Samsung has about the 2nd worst Windows installs (Toshiba has to be the worst). 

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I tend to automatically recommend Google. They seem like a pretty awesome company, and I love their products like GMail, Google Maps/Earth, Google Drive.

I love Google+ too 

/s

Loyal? no

Favourable? Yes I favour certain brands

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

When it comes to CPU/GPU, I favor AMD/Sapphire Tech.
Motherboards is Gigabyte and ASUSTek

That's about it, not sure I'd consider myself 'Loyal', but it's the brands I look at first usually.

I have zero loyalty to a brand. I currently only buy Asus motherboards, corsair fans, and Folgers coffee. any one of them screws something up and I go elsewhere. being emotionally attached to a corporation/brand is a mental illness in my opinion. buying one brand over another because its currently better is just smart.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I would say my loyalty to ASUS, specifically in the graphics card department, is a little unhealthy at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I stay well away from brand loyalty whenever possible. Phanteks have been good to me though. And Microsoft and I are having serious relation therapy rn where they're trying to regain my trust.

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

I'm rarely loyal to family, females, or friends... Who the fuck is loyal to a company?!

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

asus 

i love most of their products but i HATE rog 

Just curious, why the hate on their rog products? Design, quality, service?

Not sure if I can call it loyality but I do prefer Asus products over others because of the good service they've given me when I had an issue and their products have yet to fail on me.

Not saying I wouldn't try other companies, I'll never be partially sided to just one company, I pick whoever brings me the best product best suited to my taste.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I'm loyal to no brand, I'll get whatever product that satisfies my needs.

After all, all brands have bad and good. And selling my soul to a single company does me no good.

Volvo.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Ever since I had to do an RMA with my 780i motherboard... ages ago, I have been a huge fan of EVGA. I emailed them about the RMA process on easter sunday, got a response 10 minutes later. Process went smoothly, but that email response time still makes me happy when I think about it. Plus their componenets look pretty damn cool.

CPU: i5 6500 | GPU: GTX 960 SSC | MOBO: Asus Z170m-Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4 G.Skill | Case: Fractal Designs Node 804 | PSU: EVGA 750w

beQuiet! and Logitech, because of excellent customer support / RMA experience. So if the products are similar enough, I'll definitely be biased towards these two brands. But if another company comes up with a far superior product (that's relevant to my interests) I'll definitely consider it.

Ever since I had to do an RMA with my 780i motherboard... ages ago, I have been a huge fan of EVGA. I emailed them about the RMA process on easter sunday, got a response 10 minutes later. Process went smoothly, but that email response time still makes me happy when I think about it. Plus their componenets look pretty damn cool.

A friend of mine has bought an EVGA GPU with a 10 years warranty (special deal). The card died after 2-3 years (no overclock, good airflow case - Define R3). So anyway, the card got exchanged without problems, but the warranty got reduced to only 1 or 2 more years. So yeah, not that impressed with EVGA. Also, his new card was already scratched. That sucks.

asus 

i love most of their products but i HATE rog 

y rog is great

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Steelseries. Only missing a headset.

And BenQ - They kind of need to screw prices down to about half of what they are now, but the competetition is priced similarily so-all monitors are overprized... At least the ones with higher refresh rates.

And this: post-53144-0-45496700-1412459686_thumb.j

Always sitting here, just beggin to be drinken :D

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I've got a few brands that are usually my first choice when buying new components, like Asus for motherboards and Logitech for mice and keyboards. Also I used Antec for cases and PSUs for a long time but for my last build they didn't have any products that satisfied my needs so I went with Nanoxia for the case and Coolermaster for the PSU.

asus

amd

intel

nvidia

msi

evga

asrock

etc...

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I have very few loyalties, but I will say that I will continue to use Logitech gear as their RMA process is superb. Defective mouse or keyboard? Not a problem. Provide the proof of purchase, and they will send a new one, no questions asked.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

MSI I love the Gaming G Series And The M Power Series

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

man, just picking 1 would be impossible... i can name 5 i name every time im asked
1:corsair
2:ASUS
3:was going to say nvidia but thats dangerous, so cooler master
4:EVGA
5:western digital 

Logitech for their superb customer service. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I'm rarely loyal to family, females, or friends... Who the fuck is loyal to a company?!

You have serious problems bro... 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)