28Tbps Fiber

Cloudman

Source = http://www.itnews.com/internet/63710/28tbps-undersea-fiber-backed-google-china-telecom-nec-goes-live

It looks interesting but the trouble is it wont be coming to the UK and it also wont be coming to the consumer market for a long time just like Google fibre its self.

Opinions and thoughts 

-Cm

Awesome!!!!!

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

It's kind of ironic:  Super mega fast Internet to China, yet a lot of the content is blocked.  Surely that's like getting a $1+ million race-car for grandma so she can go to the corner store and buy eggs.

I think it's a Sweedish GrandMother who has like 50 Gbps (GB?) internet speed. Something outrageously fast compared to what we get.

Not to be a buzzkill but did you guys read the article (even the title of the article)? It seems like you think it's for a home connection, it is not. It's for the Internet backbone.

What I am surprised of is that they only use 6 cable pairs to achieve this huge speed. That means each cable gets over 1Tb each (half duplex).

It looks interesting but the trouble is it wont be coming to the UK and it also wont be coming to the consumer market for a long time just like Google fibre its self.

Sure, but if it speeds up traffic then everyone on the network benefits. So the UK and all other countries will see some benefit.

I'm not interested in those huge speeds, all I want right now is stability lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

i might be wrong but im pretty sure that its not 28 tb/s per person that would be unnecessary and pointless and expensive

btw i live in Australia and my internet speed is 4mb/s

i might be wrong but im pretty sure that its not 28 tb/s per person that would be unnecessary and pointless and expensive

btw i live in Australia and my internet speed is 4mb/s

That will make cloud gaming even more advanced. One step at a time.

I can't even get more than 3 Mb/s thanks to my ISP (I'm looking at you Slim).

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Won't ever come to US. We'll be stuck with dial up and less than 100 Mbps speeds . . . . .

Haha Belgium is better than the US! :D

My ISP has just upgraded their pack this week, "slowest" pack is now 60 Mbps :D 

I am on 120 Mbps :D

Proud to be from Belgium.

Haha Belgium is better than the US! :D

My ISP has just upgraded their pack this week, "slowest" pack is now 60 Mbps :D

I am on 120 Mbps :D

Leuze

30mbps and 50mbps is available

not stable :(

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Leuze

30mbps and 50mbps is available

not stable :(

Well it also isn't verry stable overhere. Sometimes I only get 90 Mb/s :-p

Well it also isn't verry stable overhere. Sometimes I only get 90 Mb/s :-p

Well, I'm stuck with Belgacom's 'pay for 50mbps; get 20mbps' programme...

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Not to be a buzzkill but did you guys read the article (even the title of the article)? It seems like you think it's for a home connection, it is not. It's for the Internet backbone.

What I am surprised of is that they only use 6 cable pairs to achieve this huge speed. That means each cable gets over 1Tb each (half duplex).

Yes, a huge backbone that will never be present in the U.S.

Japan already has 2Gbps, now almost all of Asia will have that kind of speed.

Yes, a huge backbone that will never be present in the U.S.

Japan already has 2Gbps, now almost all of Asia will have that kind of speed.

wait, why do we need that kind of speed anyway?

wait, why do we need that kind of speed anyway?

We don't need it, but I would like to download games above 2MB for one. 2Gbps is around 250MB a second. If I had THAT kind of a speed I could watch Netlix and download a game without any bottleneck.

Hell, I would be happy with a 100Mbps connection. It's better than paying $100+ a month for 20Mbps down and 2Mbps up. Plus I would love to have a decent upload for once, but here in the U.S. we are bent over backwards 24/7 by our ISP's.

Actually, scratch that, we do need it. We need it to make the world move faster. More content on the Internet, more Internet to go around, more people on the Internet. All of this will provide more information to everyone on the Earth.

If you're happy with getting 20Mbps down and 2Mbps up, then you are part of the 1%.

nope. im with 20Mbps down and up  :D

I do realize its not meant for home use however alot of things that are made for business end up trickling down into the home market like the Titan for example 

If you're happy with getting 20Mbps down and 2Mbps up, then you are part of the 1%.

Just be grateful you don't live in South Africa, I'm happy with getting 1mbps down and 500kbps up

CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2X4GB) 1600MHZ, Mobo: Asus P8Z77M, Chassis: Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass editionStorage: Seagate 1TB + Samsung 2TB In RAID 0 + Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS, Mouse: Steelseries Sensei, Keyboard: CM Storm Quick Fire Pro, Monitor: BenQ G2410HD + Samsung SA1900

Well, I'm stuck with Belgacom's 'pay for 50mbps; get 20mbps' programme...

I was a customer for years with Scarlet... 

Same shitty connection as Belgacom, but worse customer-service...

The only thing they could tell you was "did you reset your router?", and that was after you listened to the stupid waitingmusic for over an hour.

I AM ON 4Mbps here...

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball