New consumer Intel 750 NVMe SSD pops up in UNH-IOL compatibility list

It's me!
One item on the list that is sure to interest the enthusiast crowd is the Intel 750 SSD. News of the Intel 750 cropped up in a leaked roadmap, with release of the code-named 'August Ridge' product scheduled for Q4 of 2014. Of course, this time has passed. There were no details in the leaked roadmap, but now we know that the August Ridge SSDs will feature the NVMe 1.1b interface. It appears, from the leaked roadmap, that the Intel 750 will be available in both the M.2 and 2.5" form factor, and come in capacities of 180, 240, 360, 480, and 600GB capacities. NVMe will provide a low-latency interconnect that will allow Intel to finally break the SATA performance barrier. Even though the proposed release date on the leaked rodamap has passed, the Intel 750 SSD is clearly still on the way to consumers. It appears Intel is close to being the first SSD manufacturer with a consumer NVMe SSD on the market. 

Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/43331/new-consumer-intel-750-nvme-ssd-pops-up-unh-iol-compatibility-list/index.html

MMMM i love intel SSDs...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

i hate to be the guy but what is a NVMe SSD :l

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

MMMM i love intel SSDs...

But it's going to be so expensive.

I'm going to have to sell one of my lungs so i can get one

pcie connected.

pcie connected.

ooo ok that's what i was thinking it was

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

Non-Volatile Memory Express. Basically it is a new protocol and instruction set that will be replacing AHCI for PCIe based SSD's. We should see pretty significant performance improvements because of it as it starts to roll out more.

pcie connected.

Yes and no. There are a ton of PCIe based SSD's that are not NVMe. Most PCIe SSD's are currently still using AHCI instruction sets. NVMe does run through PCIe, but it is a new instruction set that require new controllers, and we haven't really seen any consumer grade options available for purchase yet.. It offers much more parallelism in its operation. It should allow for significant gains in 4k and other small file read/write. 

Non-Volatile Memory Express. Basically it is a new protocol and instruction set that will be replacing AHCI for PCIe based SSD's. We should see pretty significant performance improvements because of it as it starts to roll out more.

Yes and no. There are a ton of PCIe based SSD's that are not NVMe. Most PCIe SSD's are currently still using AHCI instruction sets. NVMe does run through PCIe, but it is a new instruction set that require new controllers, and we haven't really seen any consumer grade options available for purchase yet.. It offers much more parallelism in its operation. It should allow for significant gains in 4k and other small file read/write. 

i think it would be better to say we havent seen many consumer pcie ssds at all

i think it would be better to say we havent seen many consumer pcie ssds at all

There are quite a few. There have been multiple generations of the RevoDrive, Asus's Raidr Express, and don't forget that every single M.2 drive on the market is PCIe, most of which are still running controllers designed for AHCI. Although I think a few enterprise M.2 drives are running NVMe now, I may be wrong on that though.